Windows 10: Unable to verify Microsoft Account on PC

Discus and support Unable to verify Microsoft Account on PC in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I've tried several time to verify that I am who I say I am and windows help will not let me type in my password ***Original title: windows won't... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by VanaeRichardson, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Unable to verify Microsoft Account on PC

I've tried several time to verify that I am who I say I am and windows help will not let me type in my password

***Original title: windows won't let me put my password in to verify my id***

:)

VanaeRichardson, Mar 30, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

Microsoft account

Hi,

There may be several reasons why this message keeps appearing. Sometimes, this message is triggered if you are using a two-step verification in your email. We suggest that you try these methods below to resolve this concern:

• Log out and log in with your Local Account password or the Microsoft Account password again to check if this is caused by a glitch.
    • If you are not using a Microsoft account to sign in, create one, and use it to sign in.
    • Verify your identity on this PC. Open Settings > Accounts > Under
      Your accounts you will see a Verify your identity on this PC link > Click on
      Verify. Follow the prompts to identify your account.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Mar 30, 2020
  3. swarfega Win User
    Unable to verify account on new laptop

A neighbour has lent me her brand new laptop because she wasn't able to log in. For some reason she didn't get the login info.

I have formatted the machine (this had two advantages: 1. Sure way to get rid of any OEM junk, 2. could set up the account how we wanted).

Unfortunately I am unable to verify the account because its keeps wanting to use a secondary email address thats not listed on the MS account page (she no longer has access to it).

How can I verify the account?

swarfega, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Unable to verify Microsoft Account on PC

Unable to verify my account for windows 10

Hello Griffith,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you are unable to verify your Microsoft Account.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to refer to the below link and check if it helps to resolve the issue

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/microsoft-account/something-wrong-microsoft-account

If that does not help, if you are using a Microsoft Account, you may convert the account to a Local account and back to Microsoft account and check if you are then able to run the Windows Store app:

To convert the account, you can do the following:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account.

• Click Start and then PC settings.

• Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Disconnect on the right of the screen.

• Enter your Microsoft account's password, and click on Next.

• Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.
    In order to switch back, follow these steps:

• On the newly converted Local account, click Start and then PC Settings.

• Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Connect to a Microsoft account.

• Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.

• Choose if you want OneDrive as your default file saving location, click Next.

• Click Switch.

Also, in order to eliminate any issues with Microsoft Sync in Windows, I would suggest you to deploy the Microsoft Account troubleshooter from the below which automatically resolves sync issues.

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Unable to verify Microsoft Account on PC

1. Unable to verify Microsoft Account on PC - Similar Threads - Unable verify Microsoft

2. Account unable to verify on device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account unable to verify on device: I've had this issue since I switched my accounts Gmail to a new one and deleted the old one. My device now ask for it to be signed in and be verified but when I put in the information. It tells me its unable to verify. What is the worst about this is I'm harassed by a...
  3. Account unable to verify on device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account unable to verify on device: I've had this issue since I switched my accounts Gmail to a new one and deleted the old one. My device now ask for it to be signed in and be verified but when I put in the information. It tells me its unable to verify. What is the worst about this is I'm harassed by a...
  4. Micrsoft account is unable to be verified.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Micrsoft account is unable to be verified.: Whenever I go to Microsoft settings, and go to profile, it tells me to verify my account. so when I go to verify it, it gives me a pop up saying "Sorry, there's a problem with the server so we can't sign you in right now. We are working to fix it as soon as we can. Please try...
  5. Micrsoft account is unable to be verified.

Micrsoft account is unable to be verified.: Whenever I go to Microsoft settings, and go to profile, it tells me to verify my account. so when I go to verify it, it gives me a pop up saying "Sorry, there's a problem with the server so we can't sign you in right now. We are working to fix it as soon as we can. Please try...
  6. unable to verify account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to verify account: I'm trying to verify my account on my laptop but every time I click on "verify account" it opens another pop-up, tries loading but then it automatically closes. I think I might have deleted an app that is related to this problem....
  7. unable to verify account

unable to verify account: I'm trying to verify my account on my laptop but every time I click on "verify account" it opens another pop-up, tries loading but then it automatically closes. I think I might have deleted an app that is related to this problem....
  8. Unable to Verify Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to Verify Account: My son's screen time/family safety has just stopped recording all activity for reasons unknown. Looking at the help pages it says to check that his microsoft account is verified on his login. I have checked this but when I click on Verify and the tap opens asking for the...
  9. Unable to Verify Account through Account Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Verify Account through Account Recovery: Hi I am unable to verify my Microsoft account through account recovery form, the accounts are over 5+ years old and I haven't been using them for a long time, however I need to access them again however I am unable to successfully verify them. How can i gain access to these...
  10. Verify Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Verify Microsoft account: Windows 10 Professional (x64) Build 18362.476 (1903/May 2019 Update) I'm trying to change my Microsoft account settings because after I log off off windows, it's asking me for a password to get back in, even tho I have disabled the password prompt, and I am the only user....