Windows 10: Unable to view a webcam feed from laptop but I can see from other devices

Discus and support Unable to view a webcam feed from laptop but I can see from other devices in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a favorite webcam feed that I look at regularly. About 9 months ago I began to get the broken link symbol below. I can see the webcam feed from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by robinJohnson815, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Unable to view a webcam feed from laptop but I can see from other devices

I have a favorite webcam feed that I look at regularly. About 9 months ago I began to get the broken link symbol below. I can see the webcam feed from my phone android and from my iPad. I just can not get it on my HP Windows 10 laptop. Any suggestions?

:)

robinJohnson815, Jul 20, 2021
  2. WiIfred P Win User

install webcam on msi laptop

Hi 1papertiger,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about installing webcam on MSI laptops.

Most laptops have a built-in webcam on it, If it's not working, there's a problem with the driver or settings of it.

Step1: I request you to check for Hidden Devices in Device Manager. Please refer to these steps:

a. On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

b. Click on View and select Show Hidden Devices.

c. Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.

d. If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select Update Driver Software.

e. Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.

Step 2: Run the hardware troubleshooter and check if you receive any error messages.

a. On the desktop, press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.

b. Click on it and click on Hardware and Sound.

c. Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the prompted steps.

If the laptop doesn't have a built-in webcam on it, you would need to purchase an external webcam, plug it on your laptop and driver will download automatically.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Jul 20, 2021
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Jul 20, 2021
  4. Unable to view a webcam feed from laptop but I can see from other devices

Webcam had disappeared

Hi,

The webcam may have stopped working due to hardware failure, or a loose cable that connects it to the device’s motherboard. We suggest that you try to show hidden devices in
    Device Manager by following these steps:

• Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager.
    • Click on the View tab and select Show hidden devices.

If you are seeing the webcam drivers, uninstall them. Then restart your device to check if Windows will be able to recognize the webcam and will install the drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

Unable to view a webcam feed from laptop but I can see from other devices

1. Unable to view a webcam feed from laptop but I can see from other devices - Similar Threads - Unable view webcam

2. Unable to see other computers on my network from Windows 11 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to see other computers on my network from Windows 11 laptop: I see others have similar issues and all the suggested settings have been checked at least 3 times.On my Win10 computer I can see the other 2 computers on my home network, including the Win11 laptop. On my Win11 laptop I can only see that device on the network, although it...
  3. Unable to see other computers on my network from Windows 11 laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to see other computers on my network from Windows 11 laptop: I see others have similar issues and all the suggested settings have been checked at least 3 times.On my Win10 computer I can see the other 2 computers on my home network, including the Win11 laptop. On my Win11 laptop I can only see that device on the network, although it...
  4. I can see all other devices on my network except to other computers, on other devices they...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can see all other devices on my network except to other computers, on other devices they...: I have tried many fixes and none have worked. Literally every other device is visble https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-see-all-other-devices-on-my-network-except/8f744a6c-dd13-4fd2-aa9a-217b5cb0af3a
  5. I can see all other devices on my network except to other computers, on other devices they...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can see all other devices on my network except to other computers, on other devices they...: I have tried many fixes and none have worked. Literally every other device is visble https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-see-all-other-devices-on-my-network-except/8f744a6c-dd13-4fd2-aa9a-217b5cb0af3a
  6. I can see all other devices on my network except to other computers, on other devices they...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Booting from other devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting from other devices: I want to know if you can use usb type-c to connect from working desktop to non-bootable laptop and boot the laptop from the desktop. If its possible, I want to know if I can boot from external drives connected to the desktop as well.Any...
  8. Want to control Windows laptop from other device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Want to control Windows laptop from other device: I wasn't sure where else to put this. My grandparents live across the US and aren't tech-savvy. Is there a way to remotely control the cursor from a different device? submitted by /u/37Exxon [link] [comments]...
  9. Unable to see networked devices but can on other machines

Unable to see networked devices but can on other machines: Hi all! I wouldn't normally ask for help as I'm usually pretty damned good at sorting issues myself but this has got me stumped. I've got 2 PC's and a laptop. Laptop behaves the same way as PC2 so I'll discount that for now. The issue: PC1 appears to have an issue with...
  10. Sharing Internet from laptop to other devices.

Sharing Internet from laptop to other devices.: Hi I've got a laptop that connects to my network via WiFi. On the laptop I run a VPN client to a remote location. Is there anyway I can use my laptop as a default gateway so all wired and wireless devices use the laptop to route traffic, the aim being all traffic routes...