Windows 10: Unable to view and delete the 83GB of Temporary Files present in my C drive.

Discus and support Unable to view and delete the 83GB of Temporary Files present in my C drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently I Updated my Windows 10, but after the update process got complete I noticed that My C drive got completely filled but don't know with what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VasisthRoy, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Unable to view and delete the 83GB of Temporary Files present in my C drive.

Recently I Updated my Windows 10, but after the update process got complete I noticed that My C drive got completely filled but don't know with what files.

I tried Disk Cleanup but no results.

Then I discovered something unusual. You can understand my problem better by looking at the 2 screenshots posted below.

Unable to view and delete the 83GB of Temporary Files present in my C drive. 916a574f-6e2c-4bf9-aa3e-883d0f8fcb50?upload=true.jpg

This is really unusual.

Unable to view and delete the 83GB of Temporary Files present in my C drive. 44c610bb-fda4-4bd0-9d1b-968d2bf985bf?upload=true.jpg

Why I'm unable to view the 83.5 GB of Temporary files and delete them? It has eaten up the complete space of my C drive.

:)

VasisthRoy, Sep 1, 2019

2. Unable to delete temporary files

Why my C:\ (100 GB) drives temporary files size is increasing rapidly ?

And I cant delete them by this steps :

step 1 : I pressed Win + I ,
    Then went to Storage

step 2 : From storage , I clicked on Local Disk ( C:\)

step 3 : And it was showing temporary files of
    33.6 GB

But I tried the delete option to delete this temporary files . But It doesn't deletes those files .

What should I do now ?

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

Sumit Rabi Das, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Deletion of Temporary files in C drive

Can I delete Temporary Files(62GB) in C drive .

Does it effect the remaining OS files.

AkhilTadikamalla, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Unable to view and delete the 83GB of Temporary Files present in my C drive.

How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi,

As you are saying that you are not able to delete the temporary internet files and temporary Files in Windows 10.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1.Have you installed any third party applications to clean up temporary Files?

2.In the Disk Cleanup had you checked the Temporary Internet files and Temporary files before doing disk cleanup?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and try deleting the temporary internet files.

• Open Internet Explorer by typing Internet Explorer in Search Bar. Click the
      Tools
      button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history, click
      Delete.
    • In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, select the check boxes for the information you want to delete, click
      Delete, and then click OK.
    I also suggest you refer the Microsoft article on View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Let us know if the issue with the deletion of temporary files is resolved we will be glad to assist you further.

Anup Karkal, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Unable to view and delete the 83GB of Temporary Files present in my C drive.

1. Unable to view and delete the 83GB of Temporary Files present in my C drive. - Similar Threads - Unable view delete

2. Deleting temporary files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting temporary files: Hi,I'm tring to delete the temporary files from my computer but after I'm deleting them I see that they keep "geting back"I delete them in some different ways. I see that i have 233MB of temp files and after deleting them i see just a few KB of files.When I'm checking it...
  3. Unable to delete 16.8GB of temporary update files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete 16.8GB of temporary update files: How do I get rid of the 16.8 GB of updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-168gb-of-temporary-update-files/be40b52f-e683-43d3-b35a-c5502f296e56
  4. Unable to delete 16.8GB of temporary update files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete 16.8GB of temporary update files: How do I get rid of the 16.8 GB of updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-168gb-of-temporary-update-files/be40b52f-e683-43d3-b35a-c5502f296e56
  5. Unable to delete 16.8GB of temporary update files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Unable to move or delete files from my computer's C drive

Unable to move or delete files from my computer's C drive: I am unable to move or delete any files from my computer's C drive.I get the following windows denying me access to these files.I am able to view these pictures but not able to delete or move them to a new location.Also I am getting an error window denying me the ability to...
  7. Temporary files not deleting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Temporary files not deleting: So I was watching some Netflix when I received a pop-up message from chrome stating that I should delete the temporary cache files from Netflix, so I closed it and headed over to my storage settings and noticed that it was full, I remember having around 50GB free on my m.2...
  8. Delete files C Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delete files C Drive: I have 6 files in my C drive. I am wondering if I can delete. If I can, what is the best way to do this? Such as in Safe Mode. See picture I have run the Disk Cleanup and rebooted and they are still there. I have Windows 10 Pro 2004 [ATTACH] I believe they were put...
  9. Old temporary files generated in my C drive

Old temporary files generated in my C drive: Hello, I have a question concerning temporary files. I found these two this morning in my C Drive. tmp6B61.tmp tmp1E4C.tmp They are dated in April and March and when I delete them windows asks admin rights. Is it safe to delete them? What causes this? Kind regrds and...
  10. Deleting temporary files

Deleting temporary files: I have been trying to clear drive space so I can update. I have moved everything I can to a mass storage device and I have only been able to remove a small amount of temp files. I am left with 5GB. I have deleted all my excess mail and now I am stuck. Is there a way to view...