Windows 10: Unable to view any file names or descriptions on opening folder

Discus and support Unable to view any file names or descriptions on opening folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am unable to view any file names or any description or any menu items on opening a folder. This is across all apps. Screenshots below. Need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SANDIP_DAS, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Unable to view any file names or descriptions on opening folder

Hi,

I am unable to view any file names or any description or any menu items on opening a folder. This is across all apps. Screenshots below. Need help to resolve this ASAP.

Thanks and Regards

Sandip

Unable to view any file names or descriptions on opening folder 8283a88c-7f50-43d8-8ccd-b28af658854b?upload=true.jpg

Unable to view any file names or descriptions on opening folder 0b8a7b9f-881f-4c4a-93f9-1be1e0ebc451?upload=true.jpg

:)

SANDIP_DAS, Jan 27, 2021

2. folder and files names are not visible in my documents after recent windows 10 upgrade

Hello David,

To view the names of files and folders, please follow these steps:

• Open the folder where the file and folder names are missing.
    • Right-click on an empty area and go to View then click
      Hide file names

Let us know how it goes.

Devlin Sco, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Jan 27, 2021
  4. White Win User

Unable to view any file names or descriptions on opening folder

List file names than a folder.

Is there a bat file to generate the list of file names that I have inside a folder?
    If possible you can help me to do it or give me suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Please.

White, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Unable to view any file names or descriptions on opening folder

1. Unable to view any file names or descriptions on opening folder - Similar Threads - Unable view file

2. Unable to view any JPG JPEG files on my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to view any JPG JPEG files on my PC: Hi all,Quite literally, yesterday morning I was able to see my photos that I had downloaded and saved to my hard drive. I would be able to view these in the default picture app in windows.Then after lunch, I get a pop window saying that "The application has not been...
  3. Description of the ANI format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Description of the ANI format: I am a programmer trying to write new command-line tools for authoring animated cursors for Windows. However, finding a detailed spec for this format is not easy; top search results only give vague info, and I can only find detailed info through now-dead links.Where is the...
  4. Description of the ANI format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Description of the ANI format: I am a programmer trying to write new command-line tools for authoring animated cursors for Windows. However, finding a detailed spec for this format is not easy; top search results only give vague info, and I can only find detailed info through now-dead links.Where is the...
  5. file view vs folder view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file view vs folder view: I want to change the photo default to large icons NOT FOLDER/SUBFOLDER VIEW windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-view-vs-folder-view/61f48573-9b41-4f95-9432-d17387f5eaba
  6. file view vs folder view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file view vs folder view: I want to change the photo default to large icons NOT FOLDER/SUBFOLDER VIEW windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-view-vs-folder-view/61f48573-9b41-4f95-9432-d17387f5eaba
  7. file view vs folder view

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Unable to view folders/files in encrypted drive

Unable to view folders/files in encrypted drive: After much pain trying to fix Windows Update using several tutorials, I reset Windows on C: partition. That worked nicely, and Update is working perfectly, as is everything else on C:My problem is with partition D: which is encrypted with bitlocker. After entering the...
  9. Folders not showing names of any files

Folders not showing names of any files: When I open a folder it will not show the names of any of the information in them, such as a sub folder, PDF, Excel, pictures etc. there is just all the icons. Not sure what has changed?...
  10. Transcend Storejet unable to open file view

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transcend Storejet unable to open file view: Hiya, Judt received my first windows 10 laptop, but my transcend storejet will not open to view files. It keeps showing up undee devices and printers as a disk drive and also when i enter my disk management it is under disk drives. I have uninstalled it, checked for...