Windows 10: Unable to view image file (jpg file format) using Windows photo viewer error message: “It...

Discus and support Unable to view image file (jpg file format) using Windows photo viewer error message: “It... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I have transferred some pictures from my Samsung phone to my windows laptop and some of the photos open fine but others come up with an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FredFulford-smith, May 12, 2019.

1. Unable to view image file (jpg file format) using Windows photo viewer error message: “It...

Hi

I have transferred some pictures from my Samsung phone to my windows laptop and some of the photos open fine but others come up with an error message 'it appears that we don't support this file format' even though it is the same file format as the other photos and videos I am trying to view.

I am using the Microsoft standard viewer.

Fred

***Modified Title from: Some jpg files not supported but other are***

:)

FredFulford-smith, May 12, 2019

2. Can't open image files, default viewer also doesn't work.

Hello,

File corruption is one of the possible reasons why you're having issue opening image files. For us to identify and isolate this issue better, we need to gather more information. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Where are those images located?
    • Any error messages, if there's any?
    • Which program are you using to open those images?
    • What is the file format of the images?

We would suggest using Windows Photo Viewer to open this file and check if it helps. We would also suggest making Windows Photo Viewer as the default program to open pictures and check.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Michelle Vil, May 12, 2019
  3. Viewing RAW files in folder view and in image viewer

Hi,

There are a few ways on how to view files on Windows 10, such as using the File Explorer. For better assistance, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 are you using?
    • What are file types of the files you are trying to view?
    • Are you having any error messages when you are trying to open or view the files using the File Explorer?
    • Have you made any changes on your device before this issue happened?

In the meantime, you can try to download a photo viewer application using the Windows Store.

Looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, May 12, 2019
  4. Unable to view image file (jpg file format) using Windows photo viewer error message: “It...

unable to view certain images in Windows 10 image viewer

Hi,

To resolve your concern, please provide the following information below:

• Were you able to view other photos using Windows 10 image viewer aside from those that have black lines on a transparent background?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Does the image show normally on other photo apps?
    • Which image file format are you using?

Regards.

Loraine Mon, May 12, 2019
Thema:

Unable to view image file (jpg file format) using Windows photo viewer error message: “It...

1. Unable to view image file (jpg file format) using Windows photo viewer error message: “It... - Similar Threads - Unable view image

2. Image rotates after viewing in Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image rotates after viewing in Windows Photo Viewer: More a bug report than a question, so hopefully someone can refer this to the appropriate parties.After previewing an image in the default Windows Photo Viewer, the image rotates by itself.I originally thought I had hit the rotate buttons in the new Explorer but it happened...
  3. Image rotates after viewing in Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image rotates after viewing in Windows Photo Viewer: More a bug report than a question, so hopefully someone can refer this to the appropriate parties.After previewing an image in the default Windows Photo Viewer, the image rotates by itself.I originally thought I had hit the rotate buttons in the new Explorer but it happened...
  4. .jpg unable to view

.jpg unable to view: A few months ago when I was trying to look at some old pics that I have saved on my computer decided not to work. The icon changed and when I click on it, it will open but has an error telling me it can't open this file. I have changed the default app viewer and that did not...
  5. UNABLE TO OPEN JPG FILES WITH MS PHOTO

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UNABLE TO OPEN JPG FILES WITH MS PHOTO: USING MS 365. HAVE UPDATED SOFTWARE. BUT NOW UNABLE TO OPEN ANY JPG FILES WITH MS PHOTO. THEY DO OPEN WITH MS PAINT & PAINT 3D BUT I PREFER PHOTO. USED TO OPEN AUTOMATICALLY WHEN I CLICKED ON THE PIC. JUST GET A BLACK SCREEN WITH NO PIC THEN GOES OFF. PLEASE HELP...
  6. Files not supported - unable to open jpg in photos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Files not supported - unable to open jpg in photos: [ATTACH] I cannot open any jpg or png recently. I get this error message. I can't save them as a new jpg, i have jpg and png set to open with photos for windows 10. A windows support told me to uninstall the graphics display adapter and restart, that didn't work. I...
  7. Windows 10's default Photo Viewer app unable to load .JPG file sometimes.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10's default Photo Viewer app unable to load .JPG file sometimes.: When I try to open a photo.JPG with default app of windows 10 Microsoft Photo Viewer it can't open it. It does not happen all the time but sometimes it shows nothing just a black windows of Photo Viewer. I have to close the app and try a few more times then it shows the same...
  8. Windows Photo Viewer in windows 10 can view Webp file, but the image become dark

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Photo Viewer in windows 10 can view Webp file, but the image become dark: Hi all I use windows 10 and Windows Photo Viewer WPV as my photo viewer application The WPV is working fine, but every webp image that I open become much darker than the original. In the desktop thumbnails, the image is showing true colors, but when opened in WPV is...
  9. Can't open .jpg file in any of photo viewing programs

Can't open .jpg file in any of photo viewing programs: Hi! I have a Windows 10, I tried to open some .jpg photos, but I couldn't because there is always a message like this: [img] [img] I tried to change the Default Program, to convert the files, but nothing helped... If somebody recognizes the problem, please help...
  10. Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer.: Hai, Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer. i reset default apps. i choose default apps by file type. [img] [img] [img] [img] Regards. bala. 12326

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Unable to view JPG

2. unable to view images img

3. unable to view jpeg images

4. jpg file gives error message,
  5. unable to open photos on laptop get file system error (-2147219196),
  6. how to view jpg photos in messages,
  7. how to view photo that is unable to view from your phone