Windows 10: unable to view jpegs on brand new 2021 MS Surface Windows 10 laptop!

Discus and support unable to view jpegs on brand new 2021 MS Surface Windows 10 laptop! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi can you tell me how to view pictures direct from SD card on my new Surface laptop. Looks like the Photo's app has had this functionality disabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MatBeach, Jun 17, 2021.

1. MatBeach Win User

unable to view jpegs on brand new 2021 MS Surface Windows 10 laptop!

Hi can you tell me how to view pictures direct from SD card on my new Surface laptop. Looks like the Photo's app has had this functionality disabled from earlier versions of windows!

:)

MatBeach, Jun 17, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 17, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Jun 17, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, unable to view jpegs on brand new 2021 MS Surface Windows 10 laptop! :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

1. unable to view jpegs on brand new 2021 MS Surface Windows 10 laptop! - Similar Threads - unable view jpegs

2. Brand new Surface touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand new Surface touchpad not working: I got a Surface 2 a few hours ago and as I'm setting it up I notice that the trackpad does not work consistently. I can move the mouse around fine but when I try to click on something with it, it doesn't really work. I'm pressing in different spots of the left side of the...
  3. cant view jpegs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant view jpegs: i cannot see jpegs on my laptops since uploading new version of windows 10. I have tried the solutions on the other posts to no avail the message says "it appears that we do not support this file format...
  4. Touchpad/cursor not working on Brand New Surface Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad/cursor not working on Brand New Surface Laptop: I bought a brand new Surface Laptop 3 today and right away when I opened it out of the box, there was no cursor available and there was no response when using the touchpad. When I connect a USB wireless mouse to the laptop, a cursor reappears and I am able to click and...
  5. Brand New Surface Go

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand New Surface Go: I attempted to continue with program installations, I found that I couldn't log in. The next day I attempted to log in and it comes up with: "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. You can set up your PIN again by going to...
  6. Help with Windows Update error on brand-new Surface Win 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help with Windows Update error on brand-new Surface Win 10 laptop: My boss got me a new Surface laptop for the office last week. The OS is version 1809 build 17763.379. One of the first things I did was to run Windows Update. It installed a number of updates successfully, but two updates consistently fail. The messages are: 2019-12...
  7. Unable to access photos on brand new Surface Pro 6

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to access photos on brand new Surface Pro 6: Suddenly started to get the following message when trying to access photos... 'File System Error -2147219196' Please confirm what needs to be done to get this working as soon as possible...very unhappy.... Thanks, Graham Harmer...
  8. Windows 10 on brand new laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 on brand new laptop: My son has just had his own windows 10 laptop and when we set it up he was the only user and thus the administrator for the machine. However, I was set up to have family control. I have never had a problem restricting and/or allowing access to screen time until a couple of...
  9. "Unable to Connect" to my home WiFi on brand new Surface

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Unable to Connect" to my home WiFi on brand new Surface: Another ghostly Windows issue for one of my clients. They recently got a brand new Surface. The computer seems to work on every single Wi-Fi network known to man except the one in their home. The network is made up of a series of Araknis Wi-Fi access points. Every...
  10. unable to view my jpeg images

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unable to view my jpeg images: what is system error 2147219196 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_scanning-windows_other/unable-to-view-my-jpeg-images/62a97c5b-a1c7-4b75-9ad5-959ea007ad87