Windows 10: Unable to view old style jpg compression 6 photos on windows 10

Discus and support Unable to view old style jpg compression 6 photos on windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have backed up photos taken with Sony DSC camera on a DVD using Roxio on windows XP desktop. I am now trying to open the photos using photo viewer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by speedFW, Feb 2, 2019.

1. speedFW Win User

Unable to view old style jpg compression 6 photos on windows 10

I have backed up photos taken with Sony DSC camera on a DVD using Roxio on windows XP desktop.

I am now trying to open the photos using photo viewer on windows 10 laptop and notice files can not be open.

Error file format is not supported, either files are damaged, corrupted or too large.

I can open the file with hexeditor and I see that the text file.

Can someone advise if I am missing something on my windows 10 laptop.

:)

speedFW, Feb 2, 2019
  2. NancyPS1 Win User

photo compression in Windows 10

The old windows photo editor had this compression feature built in. So, if I understand correctly, the Windows 10 photo editor no longer has this feature? That is a major disadvantage!

NancyPS1, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Unable to import photos

Hi Georgio,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• How are you trying to import photos?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your hardware and devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter
    I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/import-photos-videos

It applies to Windows 10 also.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you

Arun B J, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to view old style jpg compression 6 photos on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable view old

2. Unable to view photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to view photos: Microsoft photo app says file system error -2147219195 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-view-photos/fa05285e-a81c-420d-8dd8-e643f49b8dcb
  3. Unable to view photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to view photos: Microsoft photo app says file system error -2147219195 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-view-photos/fa05285e-a81c-420d-8dd8-e643f49b8dcb
  4. Unable to view photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to view photos: Im unable to view photos via the Microsoft photo app... it says fie system error -2147219195 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-view-photos/89d84282-f2cb-408b-8c4f-2dc67d85a6a5
  5. Unable to view photos

Unable to view photos: Im unable to view photos via the Microsoft photo app... it says fie system error -2147219195 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-view-photos/89d84282-f2cb-408b-8c4f-2dc67d85a6a5
  6. .jpg unable to view

.jpg unable to view: A few months ago when I was trying to look at some old pics that I have saved on my computer decided not to work. The icon changed and when I click on it, it will open but has an error telling me it can't open this file. I have changed the default app viewer and that did not...
  7. Unable to view photos.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to view photos.: I just got this laptop and want to view pictures on a thumb drive. I can view some, but not all of the pictures. They are all in .jpg format. Some are viewable, and some get the error message "It looks like we don't support this file format"....
  8. Unable to view photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to view photos: I had no issues until about 3 months ago. Whenever I click on a picture (any format), I get a "package could not be registered" error message. I saw something through a google search to reset the photo viewer through settings. To my surprise, the photo viewer is not longer...
  9. Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer.: Hai, Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer. i reset default apps. i choose default apps by file type. [img] [img] [img] [img] Regards. bala. 12326
  10. Unable to view JPG's in specfic folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to view JPG's in specfic folders: Running clean install Windows 10 pro, I did add a reg fix to enable photo viewer, which worked fine. I have a many picture folders, which I was able to view all fine. Suddenly only on a few folders (approx 3 from 40) I started getting "windows photo viewer can't open this...