Windows 10: Unable to view photos only shows icons or open most photos it appears you don't have...

Discus and support Unable to view photos only shows icons or open most photos it appears you don't have... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I installed Windows 11 around 11/11/21. Since then I've not been able to open or view most of my photos. I discovered this issue 12 days after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gwyn Stoker, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Unable to view photos only shows icons or open most photos it appears you don't have...

I installed Windows 11 around 11/11/21. Since then I've not been able to open or view most of my photos. I discovered this issue 12 days after installation and decided to roll back to Windows 10 to only find out the roll back period was only 10 days instead of the previous 30 days. Why ??? They will open in Explorer pictures but it only shows icons of the pictures folder so it's virtually unusable to find photos. In Windows photos it says "it appears you don't have permission to open this file" I had none of these issues using Windows 10. I've tried several permission solutions but found none

:)

Gwyn Stoker, Sep 27, 2022
  2. davidhk Win User

Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ?

Open File Explorer > top right, click Options > click Change folder and search options > click View at top > UN-check the box " Always show icons, never thumbnails" > OK when done.

Unable to view photos only shows icons  or open most photos it appears you don't have... [​IMG]

davidhk, Sep 27, 2022
  3. The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. Please do not worry, I will be glad to assist you with this.

To better assist you, let us know if the app shows up when you type "photos" in the search bar.

If that doesn't help, I would suggest you to try opening any photo by following the steps below:

1. Right click on a photo and select open with.

2. From the available options, if "photos" is listed, select it.

3. Once you open the photo through the app, the icon will appear on the taskbar.

4. Right click on the icon in the taskbar and see if you are able to pin it to the taskbar.

If that doesn't help, check if you are able to download the app through Windows store.

Let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 27, 2022
  4. Robert11 Win User

Unable to view photos only shows icons or open most photos it appears you don't have...

Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ?

Hello,

I have a Folder on my Desktop in which
    I have placed many photos.

The listing shows up just fine, and if I click on one of them, it opens perfectly.
    No problems.

But, the listing in the Folder only shows a small IrfanView icon for each of them, and then a name or number.

Any way to have the listing show small thumbnails of the actual pix's, rather than just
    an IrfanView icon for each ?

Thanks,
    Bob

Robert11, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

Unable to view photos only shows icons or open most photos it appears you don't have...

1. Unable to view photos only shows icons or open most photos it appears you don't have... - Similar Threads - Unable view photos

2. Don't have permission to view photos and videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Don't have permission to view photos and videos: Sir my photos are locked . My window is crashing so I reinstall it but I don't have access to my photos. I locked my photos with bitlocker and pad lock .but after reinstalling windows it says you don't have permission to view file. even I cannot cut or copy encrypted data .I...
  3. Unable to view photos only shows icons or open most photos it appears you don't have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to view photos only shows icons or open most photos it appears you don't have...: I installed Windows 11 around 11/11/21. Since then I've not been able to open or view most of my photos. I discovered this issue 12 days after installation and decided to roll back to Windows 10 to only find out the roll back period was only 10 days instead of the previous 30...
  4. Unable to view photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to view photos: Microsoft photo app says file system error -2147219195 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-view-photos/fa05285e-a81c-420d-8dd8-e643f49b8dcb
  5. Unable to view photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to view photos: Microsoft photo app says file system error -2147219195 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-view-photos/fa05285e-a81c-420d-8dd8-e643f49b8dcb
  6. Unable to view photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to view photos: Im unable to view photos via the Microsoft photo app... it says fie system error -2147219195 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-view-photos/89d84282-f2cb-408b-8c4f-2dc67d85a6a5
  7. Unable to view photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to view photos: Im unable to view photos via the Microsoft photo app... it says fie system error -2147219195 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-view-photos/89d84282-f2cb-408b-8c4f-2dc67d85a6a5
  8. Photo folders and most pictures are showing the microsoft photo icon.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo folders and most pictures are showing the microsoft photo icon.: The folders in my pictures file and on One Drive are showing the blue icon with the mountain and moon of the Microsoft photo app. The folder does not display the pictures until I open the folder. And then sometimes the pictures are the Microsoft photo app icon,. Once I...
  9. Unable to view photos.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to view photos.: I just got this laptop and want to view pictures on a thumb drive. I can view some, but not all of the pictures. They are all in .jpg format. Some are viewable, and some get the error message "It looks like we don't support this file format"....
  10. Unable to view photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to view photos: I had no issues until about 3 months ago. Whenever I click on a picture (any format), I get a "package could not be registered" error message. I saw something through a google search to reset the photo viewer through settings. To my surprise, the photo viewer is not longer...