Windows 10: Unable to view photos outside of Phototastic or MS Paint

Discus and support Unable to view photos outside of Phototastic or MS Paint in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Today I tried to look at a photo by clicking on it in Internet Explorer. It asked me if I wanted view it in either Phototastic or MS Paint. I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SandyKY, Jan 26, 2019.

1. SandyKY Win User

Unable to view photos outside of Phototastic or MS Paint

Today I tried to look at a photo by clicking on it in Internet Explorer. It asked me if I wanted view it in either Phototastic or MS Paint. I had never used Phototastic. It appears this was pushed out automatically. Both of these apps are for making collages or changes to the pictures when all I want to do is view my pictures and be able to flip through them easily at full screen size. I've searched on-line for how to get back an MS application that will allow me to easily view my photos and am coming up with nothing. When I look at my settings it also only gives me those two options. Will you please direct me how to get back an easy way to view my pictures again?

Also, was there an intentional push out from Microsoft that took the original application off my computer and loaded Photastic? If so, why wasn't I given the option to keep what I had?

:)

SandyKY, Jan 26, 2019

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jan 26, 2019
  3. MS Paint and MS Live Photo Gallery

My research has told me that MS Paint ...IS... there in Windows 10, just not listed, only MS Paint 3D is. I want Paint, strictly MS Paint. Is it really there in the new Windows 10 computers. Also, MS Live Photo Gallery, I am told is not part of the Win
    10 package. Where is a safe sight to get the true MS version of MS Live Photo Gallery.

I need a techie to tell me this; as I need to know the MS stand on these two, not just conjecture so please, if you are a MS techie, tell me where things stand for Win 10 on:

MS Paint

MS Live Photo Gallery

If neither is offered, is this a good site to get things from softonic.com and is it a true MS product (thought not maintained anymore).

Help here! I am the mother of an Autistic and I need to support what I do for him with these programs.

I use daily:

MS Paint

MS Live Photo Gallery

Adobe Photoshop 7

Adobe Acrobat Pro X

I need these to load and work with Windows 10 or I am screwed. I have a Win 7 computer that needs replacing, but I can't. I have an XP that dies on me constantly, but I keep starting her up, all because Windows 10 won't support applications that I use
    to include DVDShrink, Nero. Windows 10 computer will NOT support what I need unless I can load these other programs.

Tell me how to make Windows 10 like: Adobe Photoshop 7, DVDShrink, Nero or I am down and out; shut down on how I can help my son.

I understand that Gimpshop (freeware) may help on the PS 7 issue and imgburn will help with making copies of CDs.

This is insane. My friends tell me to buy a new computer, but Win 10 doesn't support me.

Help.

HeglandHegland, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Unable to view photos outside of Phototastic or MS Paint

MS Paint

Hi Tawm,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Method: 1

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Press windows key on the keyboard.
    • Type “Paint” & select the paint icon & hit enter.

Method: 2

• Press windows + R.
    • Type “MSpaint” hit enter.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Unable to view photos outside of Phototastic or MS Paint

1. Unable to view photos outside of Phototastic or MS Paint - Similar Threads - Unable view photos

2. Unable to open Notepad or MS Paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open Notepad or MS Paint: I have a desktop PC with Windows 10. I use both Notepad and MS Paint frequently and they both recently stopped opening. Clicking the taskbar shortcuts to open them doesn't cause them to open; the mouse switches to the "loading" throbber, but reverts back after about a second...
  3. Unable to open Notepad or MS Paint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open Notepad or MS Paint: I have a desktop PC with Windows 10. I use both Notepad and MS Paint frequently and they both recently stopped opening. Clicking the taskbar shortcuts to open them doesn't cause them to open; the mouse switches to the "loading" throbber, but reverts back after about a second...
  4. Unable to view photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to view photos: Microsoft photo app says file system error -2147219195 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-view-photos/fa05285e-a81c-420d-8dd8-e643f49b8dcb
  5. Unable to view photos

Unable to view photos: Microsoft photo app says file system error -2147219195 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-view-photos/fa05285e-a81c-420d-8dd8-e643f49b8dcb
  6. Unable to view photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to view photos: Im unable to view photos via the Microsoft photo app... it says fie system error -2147219195 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-view-photos/89d84282-f2cb-408b-8c4f-2dc67d85a6a5
  7. Unable to view photos

Unable to view photos: Im unable to view photos via the Microsoft photo app... it says fie system error -2147219195 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-view-photos/89d84282-f2cb-408b-8c4f-2dc67d85a6a5
  8. Unable to view photos.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to view photos.: I just got this laptop and want to view pictures on a thumb drive. I can view some, but not all of the pictures. They are all in .jpg format. Some are viewable, and some get the error message "It looks like we don't support this file format"....
  9. unable to view transferred photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to view transferred photos: I have just tried to transfer photos from my android device to my laptop (a transfer I practice regularly). On this occasion, none of the files I've transferred will open. "Photos" suggests "it appears that we don't support this file format" and other programs produce...
  10. Unable to view photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to view photos: I had no issues until about 3 months ago. Whenever I click on a picture (any format), I get a "package could not be registered" error message. I saw something through a google search to reset the photo viewer through settings. To my surprise, the photo viewer is not longer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i get out of phototastic

2. how to stop things beenopened with phototastic

3. phototastic collage windows 10 why things wont save to facebook

4. ms-paint to view phots