Windows 10: Unable to view png images in Windows10 Photo App - images are all black when black text or...

Discus and support Unable to view png images in Windows10 Photo App - images are all black when black text or... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When viewing some transparency images (png,gif) the black background of Win10 Photo App, can obscure black text and black shapes. The png file icon on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HTC222, Nov 12, 2018.

1. HTC222 Win User

Unable to view png images in Windows10 Photo App - images are all black when black text or...

When viewing some transparency images (png,gif) the black background of Win10 Photo App, can obscure black text and black shapes. The png file icon on file explorer and .eps files are black. If I choose a png file that has black font or graphic with transparency and if I double click or right click and choose Open with, and I choose Photos, I see nothing. The background is black, the content is black. Why can't you change the settings to view the png in transparency or white? I just bought a window 10 computer and this photo viewer is so much worse that windows10. I see that the old photo viewer is on my windows machine but it will not let me change the default and use it as my photo viewer. Upon looking at the historical threads for this same issue, Microsoft has still not corrected the issue from almost 2 years ago when this issue was brought to microsoft's attention.

:)

HTC222, Nov 12, 2018

2. unable to view certain images in Windows 10 image viewer

Hi,

To resolve your concern, please provide the following information below:

• Were you able to view other photos using Windows 10 image viewer aside from those that have black lines on a transparent background?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Does the image show normally on other photo apps?
    • Which image file format are you using?

Regards.

Loraine Mon, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Drone Win User
    Space images thread

Unable to view png images in Windows10 Photo App - images are all black when black text or... [​IMG]

• Evidence that some early supermassive black holes formed directly from the collapse of a gas cloud has been found.
    • These results could represent a major step in the understanding of how the Universe's first giant black holes formed.
    • Two candidate black hole "seeds" have been identified, possibly at < 1 billion years after the Big Bang.
    • Astronomers combined data from Chandra, Hubble, and Spitzer to make this discovery.

Drone, Nov 12, 2018
  4. Unable to view png images in Windows10 Photo App - images are all black when black text or...

Black background on images & lower resolution in photo's app

Theres an issue thats recently happened over the past few weeks where my images get a black background when in folders, put view to extra large then back to large and it happens

What iv done...

If reinstalled nvidia drivers for my gtx 980

Used the sfc /scannow - everything fine

defragged

checked for updates for windows 10 pro

iv cleared the thumbnail cache

Ran Troubleshooter for Windows App

Nothing works, issue is still there, its defo a windows 10 problem since some update

Unable to view png images in Windows10 Photo App - images are all black when black text or... c27bbe32-ff6d-46a8-a6fc-2f3768bd3735.png

The black background start with some pictures but over time they all get same issue

ALSO...

When i open any image when i first start my Pc with Photo's app they look correct but when i close and reopen they end up lower resolution, when i open with any other app/program they always look perfect so again something wrong with windows 10 photo app
    too

JOHN30011887, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

Unable to view png images in Windows10 Photo App - images are all black when black text or...

1. Unable to view png images in Windows10 Photo App - images are all black when black text or... - Similar Threads - Unable view png

2. Image is black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image is black: In my Win 11 Pro in the File Explorer, there are several images *.jpg and *.png format, which in Large Icon view are black. Opening them in Irfan, Photos, Paint or any other image application does no good, they stay black. How to open these images?...
  3. Image is black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image is black: In my Win 11 Pro in the File Explorer, there are several images *.jpg and *.png format, which in Large Icon view are black. Opening them in Irfan, Photos, Paint or any other image application does no good, they stay black. How to open these images?...
  4. Unable to view images as icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to view images as icons: Hello. I use the latest version 21H2 OS build 19044, 1566 of Windows 10. Recently I uploaded some images from my Nokia G10 Android. I was able to view the images as icons. Then I added the Nokia G10 folder to OneDrive and uploaded them. The following day, I was unable to view...
  5. Black image mystery

Black image mystery: On my local network, I have two PCs, both running Win10 and display adapters updated. Therefore, I’m able to reach the same file from both machines simultaneously. Today I got surprised… Using File Explorer on both machines I opened one of the folders with images of different...
  6. Black image. What causes a normal image to go black?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Black image. What causes a normal image to go black?: On my PC I have over 19,000 images, most of them are fine. However, there are a few dozens of images that were fine normal in the beginning but then went black. Now no photo app could open them. What caused these images JPG, BMP to go black? How to restore them?...
  7. Background of transparent .png images are black in Windows explorer

Background of transparent .png images are black in Windows explorer: I have transparent background .png image files stored in my OneDrive and a second copy saved locally on my desktop. I am using both a 2019 MS Surface Laptop and separate tower Tower with Windows 10 with all windows updates. In Dark Mode both laptop and tower: When I...
  8. camera image is black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    camera image is black: I have a dell inspiron 7348 2-in-1I laptop. It has an intergrated web cam camera. It used to work but now just shows a black screen. I have tried uninstalling. It won't uninstall or if it does, it reloads after a restart. I have tried updating drivers it says best driver...
  9. Photos app. How to view entire image when viewing tiles in a collection

Photos app. How to view entire image when viewing tiles in a collection: Hi, Just wondering if it's possible to turn off the auto zoom/cropping that happens to images in a Photos App collection when viewing it??? As in not when opening an individual image but when there are multiple images in a folder or collection. cheers....
  10. png images are black with black background

png images are black with black background: I cannot see png images in Windows10 Photo App because they turned black when the text is also black. This issue occurs when I want to view transparency images such as png,gif. The same problem with the png file icon on file explorer and .eps files. In case I try to open...