Windows 10: Unable to View raw images on Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to View raw images on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi. I have a Canon 6d Markii which uses .CR2 RAW files I am wondering why as October 7, 2018 I still can't view RAW files on Windows 10, Can anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mattp48, Oct 8, 2018.

1. mattp48 Win User

Unable to View raw images on Windows 10

hi.

I have a Canon 6d Markii which uses .CR2 RAW files I am wondering why as October 7, 2018 I still can't view RAW files on Windows 10, Can anyone help me out with some info?

Thanks

Old title: Still cant view raw image on windows 10

:)

mattp48, Oct 8, 2018
  2. sarikap34 Win User

Raw image viewing in Windows 10 issues

I am unable to view my raw images from my Canon 5Dsr in any computer files or programs. As I understand it the newer cr2 images are not readable by Windows. The codec pack that worked on previous Windows versions supposedly has this fix but is not supported
    with Windows 10. I would love to be able to view and cull my raw images without paying for a program or using Lightroom like I could on my old computer that was Windows 7 (after installing the camera codec pack). Is Microsoft working on a camera codec pack
    that will work on Windows 10 to fix this? Was a bummer to upgrade my computer only to lose functionality.

sarikap34, Oct 8, 2018
  3. E Davis3 Win User
    Viewing RAW files in folder view and in image viewer

Is there a plug-in or update that will allow my windows 10 machine to view RAW files in folder view and with the image viewer. I can view the images in abobe Premier but i want to see them in file view as well.

E Davis3, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Unable to View raw images on Windows 10

How to view canon raw files 80D on Windows 10?

Hi Apetala,

We would require additional information for better clarity on the issue.

As these are raw files, they might not be supported on Window Photo Viewer. You may try using Windows 10 Photos App to check if it helps. Further I suggest you to download the utility software for the Canon camera on the computer, which might allow
    you to view and access the raw picture files.

Hope you are able to access the raw images. Do
    get back in case you need further help.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Unable to View raw images on Windows 10

1. Unable to View raw images on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable View raw

2. Unable to view images as icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to view images as icons: Hello. I use the latest version 21H2 OS build 19044, 1566 of Windows 10. Recently I uploaded some images from my Nokia G10 Android. I was able to view the images as icons. Then I added the Nokia G10 folder to OneDrive and uploaded them. The following day, I was unable to view...
  3. Unable to view images as icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to view images as icons: Hello. I use the latest version 21H2 OS build 19044, 1566 of Windows 10. Recently I uploaded some images from my Nokia G10 Android. I was able to view the images as icons. Then I added the Nokia G10 folder to OneDrive and uploaded them. The following day, I was unable to view...
  4. Unable to view images as icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Viewing RAW Camera Photos in Windows 10 Problematic.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Viewing RAW Camera Photos in Windows 10 Problematic.: I recently was forced from my Windows 7 to a 6gb dedicated gaming PC due to the discontinuation in the release for updates for Windows 7.I moved to Windows 10, but using Camera Raw photos, previewing them has been so problematic.What I have noticed:1. There is no process,...
  6. Problems viewing thumbnails of raw images in file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems viewing thumbnails of raw images in file explorer: I have a custom built PC (don't know if that matters) with:Windows 10 ProVersion 1809Build 17763.864 And I am having troubles viewing image thumbnails in the windows file explorer; specifically of .CR2 files. I can view the thumbnails of .DNG files and all the standard...
  7. RAW Camera Viewing Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RAW Camera Viewing Windows 10 Home: Greetings; I tried to install Microsoft Windows Camera Codec Pack on my Dell that has Windows 10 Home. There were two versions to install and I tried both. I got a wizard that said "Microsoft Windows Camera Codec Pack was not intended for this version of Windows" both...
  8. UNABLE TO VIEW RAW CAMERA PICTURES

UNABLE TO VIEW RAW CAMERA PICTURES: HI...i have a Dell laptop with windows 10 ...I can download and view JPEG camer pictures i an unable however to view the downloaded RAW pictures ...I get a message that the format is not supported I have downloaded and ciewed RAW pictures in the past please advise on...
  9. unable to view my jpeg images

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unable to view my jpeg images: what is system error 2147219196 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_scanning-windows_other/unable-to-view-my-jpeg-images/62a97c5b-a1c7-4b75-9ad5-959ea007ad87
  10. Viewing RAW files in Windows Photos

Viewing RAW files in Windows Photos: Hi. I'm an amateur photographer and I shoot all my images in RAW. When viewing them via Photos it loads the image but then changes after a few seconds. The brightness, contrast, and colours will change. I don't want it doing this, not only does it slow down browsing...