Windows 10: Unable to view shared files on network

Discus and support Unable to view shared files on network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo PC with pre-installed Windows 10 OS. Today morning onwards the network is not getting accessible with this system. I can access other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AKHIL NARAYANAN, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Unable to view shared files on network

I have a Lenovo PC with pre-installed Windows 10 OS. Today morning onwards the network is not getting accessible with this system. I can access other systems shared folders from this PC but can't access the shared folders of this Lenovo PC. Also internet is working fine in the system. While diagnose the issue, its showing a message "The remote device or resource won't accept the connection Detected". I have tried to resolve the issue by

* Enabled insecure login in Lanman workstation option of Group policy

* Disabled Antivirus and Firewall

* All the sharing options are enabled in Sharing and settings option etc.

Please give a solution for rectify the issue

***Original title: Windows 10 network not accessible issue***

:)

AKHIL NARAYANAN, Mar 13, 2019

2. Block File sharing in Wifi network, Windows 10

Hi Lori,

As per the description, I understand that you want to block file sharing on your Wi-Fi network. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • Change the view type to Large Icons.
    • Click on Network and Sharing center.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Advanced sharing center.
    • In the right pane, under Files and printer sharing, select the option:
      Turn off file and printer sharing.
    • Restart the system and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Sharing folders over network - access denied

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern with sharing files over the network using your Windows 10 device, we suggest that you run the Shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type in Troubleshooting in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Shared Folders.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Unable to view shared files on network

SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Unable to view shared files on network

1. Unable to view shared files on network - Similar Threads - Unable view shared

2. Unable to network file share between two laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to network file share between two laptops: System information: HP Omen 17.3 Inch Gaming Laptop - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 22H2HP Notebook - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 21H2Both Accounts on each system are live and not local accounts. HP Omen network path is \\VINCE\HP Notebook network path is...
  3. Unable to network file share between two laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to network file share between two laptops: System information: HP Omen 17.3 Inch Gaming Laptop - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 22H2HP Notebook - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 21H2Both Accounts on each system are live and not local accounts. HP Omen network path is \\VINCE\HP Notebook network path is...
  4. Unable to delete files on network share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete files on network share: Hi All, I've only recently migrated to Win10 and have found a bug that's really...bugging me! I can't seem to delete some files on network shares. This morning I created three files in the same folder. I can delete two of them, but the third one just won't go. It appears to...
  5. Unable to share network computers

Unable to share network computers: Hi i have enabled network sharing on both my computers and marked drives to share. i can see both computers and the drives but when i try and open a drive i get the message unable to access this computer Any advice will be great please 179469
  6. Unable to share files on local network

Unable to share files on local network: Why has Microsoft disabled the file sharing capabilities for home users? Ever since Homegroups were tossed out, sharing files between our families PC's has become a real challenge. This time of year tax time makes this really frustrating as - being the "accountant" for our...
  7. Network Sharing - Unable to share the files on my pc with others on the network

Network Sharing - Unable to share the files on my pc with others on the network: Hello, I am trying to set up my PC for file sharing across the network at my work. I have changed all of my settings to allow network sharing but whenever someone else tries to access it says access denied I have allowed permissions to everyone while trying to set it up and...
  8. Unable to see the PC on network to share files

Unable to see the PC on network to share files: Hello, I am reaching out because my computer is not noticed on our network at my work. In the network we share crucial information and pictures of vehicles that we have for sale. My computer is the base for all of the pictures so I have to be seen by everyone. All of my...
  9. Unable to share files over Network

Unable to share files over Network: Unable to share files over Network I'm wondering if the requirement to log in is what's preventing me sharing on my network - on which 4 other laptops running Windows 10 are all happily communicating with the same sharing permissions as I've set up on this one. When I try...
  10. For anyone unable to view network shares after 1709 update

For anyone unable to view network shares after 1709 update: If you have the above problem on any Windows Pro/Enterprise PC’s in a workgroup enviroment after the latest 1709 update try the following:- Run gpedit.msc Computer Configuration>Administrative Templates>Network>Lanman Workstation Enable insecure guest logon = enabled The...