Windows 10: unable to view transferred photos

Discus and support unable to view transferred photos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have just tried to transfer photos from my android device to my laptop (a transfer I practice regularly). On this occasion, none of the files I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Masking_879, Aug 20, 2019.

1. unable to view transferred photos

I have just tried to transfer photos from my android device to my laptop (a transfer I practice regularly).

On this occasion, none of the files I've transferred will open. "Photos" suggests "it appears that we don't support this file format" and other programs produce errors such as "something went wrong" however all other JPEG files are opening with no problems on all the same software so it clearly isn't actually about file format. The same photos are also not opening on my phone anymore.

Typically my photos are 2-4MB, and these ones have all been stripped back to <1KB during transfer. I fear they may have been corrupted (unusual when they never have been before), and wonder whether there's an alternate explanation, with more optimistic chances of recovery?

I've double-checked graphics drivers, etc as proposed on similar previous threads, but (a) that shouldn't be so selective in what will/won't view; and (b) everything is up to date.

:)

Masking_879, Aug 20, 2019

2. how to transfer photos from iphone to pc?

I suggest you use the search string "Iphone photo transfer" but I found this:

How to Transfer Photo from iPod to Computer?

DaedalusHelios, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Unable to view transferred files on the computer due to file permission issue on Windows 10.

Hi Andrea,

Please reply to a few questions asked below to understand the issue better:

• Which photo viewing application are you using on the computer?
    • Did you check if you are able to view the pictures using other photo viewing application?

If haven’t tried, check if you are able to view the pictures using other photo viewing applications on the computer. If you are facing similar issue and able to access the old computer, check if you are able to view the picture files on connecting
    the external device.

If you are able to access pictures in the old computer, give Full Control permissions to the folder by following the steps suggested in the above post, copy the same to an external drive and transfer onto the new computer and check
    if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of not able to view photo files on the computer
    for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 20, 2019
  4. unable to view transferred photos

windows trouble transferring photos

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. How are you trying to transfer photos from iPhone?
    2. Have you tried transferring photos from any other device?
    3. Have you tried connecting the iPhone to any other PC to transfer photos?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Since you are unable to access the photos on the iPhone, I suggest you to refer the article on

DCOM event ID 10016 is logged in Windows

Method 2:

Re-install iTunes and check.

1. Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
    2. Search for iTunes and click on it.
    3. Now click on uninstall and follow the instructions.

Also, you can refer the article to
    Import photos and videos from phone to PC

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

unable to view transferred photos

1. unable to view transferred photos - Similar Threads - unable view transferred

2. Unable to view photos transferred to PC from iPhone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to view photos transferred to PC from iPhone: Hi, I have some photos that I have transferred to my PC from my iphone. Now I cannot view them. I have tried opening them with HEIC Image Viewer Converter and this is the sort of message I get. I would be grateful for some suggestions. Many thanks....
  3. Unable to view photos transferred to PC from iPhone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to view photos transferred to PC from iPhone: Hi, I have some photos that I have transferred to my PC from my iphone. Now I cannot view them. I have tried opening them with HEIC Image Viewer Converter and this is the sort of message I get. I would be grateful for some suggestions. Many thanks....
  4. Unable to view photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to view photos: Microsoft photo app says file system error -2147219195 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-view-photos/fa05285e-a81c-420d-8dd8-e643f49b8dcb
  5. Unable to view photos

Unable to view photos: Microsoft photo app says file system error -2147219195 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-view-photos/fa05285e-a81c-420d-8dd8-e643f49b8dcb
  6. Unable to view photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to view photos: Im unable to view photos via the Microsoft photo app... it says fie system error -2147219195 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-view-photos/89d84282-f2cb-408b-8c4f-2dc67d85a6a5
  7. Unable to view photos

Unable to view photos: Im unable to view photos via the Microsoft photo app... it says fie system error -2147219195 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-view-photos/89d84282-f2cb-408b-8c4f-2dc67d85a6a5
  8. Unable to view photos.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to view photos.: I just got this laptop and want to view pictures on a thumb drive. I can view some, but not all of the pictures. They are all in .jpg format. Some are viewable, and some get the error message "It looks like we don't support this file format"....
  9. Unable to transfer photos to a CD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to transfer photos to a CD: I cannot transfer photos from my PC with Windows 10 to a CD card. Please help. Thank you for advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-transfer-photos-to-a-cd/b9b287b6-42dd-4cd4-a71c-b9362806714d
  10. Unable to view photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to view photos: I had no issues until about 3 months ago. Whenever I click on a picture (any format), I get a "package could not be registered" error message. I saw something through a google search to reset the photo viewer through settings. To my surprise, the photo viewer is not longer...