Windows 10: Unable to wake computer from sleep mode (HP)

Discus and support Unable to wake computer from sleep mode (HP) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Unable to wake the computer from sleep mode without shutting it down and restarting it. I have done the standard troubleshooting, tweaking of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ATLpeach, Jul 16, 2019.

1. ATLpeach Win User

Unable to wake computer from sleep mode (HP)

Unable to wake the computer from sleep mode without shutting it down and restarting it. I have done the standard troubleshooting, tweaking of settings. Everything says that I should be able to: open the lid to my laptop, press a keyboard key or the power button to wake it from sleep. Nothing works. Or sometimes it will work for 2-3 days, then go back to the way it was. I saw the post back in 2015; has there been a fix? Please help!

p.s. I find it strange that right after my warranty ended is when it all started.

:)

ATLpeach, Jul 16, 2019
  2. Nick89 Win User

No internet when computer wakes from sleep mode

No Internet when computer wakes from sleep mode or from cold start until I disable the Local area connection and then enable it.

When I run the diagnostic after it fixes the connection it says this: Local Area connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration - Fixed

But its not fixed. Every time I wake my computer up from sleep mode after its been in sleep mode for a few hours I have to disable and then enable the Local area connection.

When the computer wakes up it has a yellow triangle warning of limited or no internet access. So I have to do the above every time I wake it up.

Things I've done so far: Update drivers, No fix.

Nick89, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Unable to wake computer from sleep mode (HP)

Unable to wake computer from sleep (KB3211320)

Hi Dano,

To resolve your issue regarding turning on computer from sleep, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by
    Buzzybuzz on this
    link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Unable to wake computer from sleep mode (HP)

1. Unable to wake computer from sleep mode (HP) - Similar Threads - Unable wake computer

2. Computer is unable to connect to ethernet after waking up from Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer is unable to connect to ethernet after waking up from Sleep mode: The problem: I connect to the Internet (and to my local network) via an Ethernet cable. However, when I wake my computer from Sleep mode, the computer is unable to connect with the Ethernet. The only solution that works is restarting the computer. Here are a few details...
  3. Computer won't wake from sleep mode (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't wake from sleep mode (Windows 10): Since this question is closed for new comments I suggest we reopen it. Computer won't wake from sleep mode (Windows 10) Prior to the latest update the PC won't wake up from sleep. I do not know if this is a HW specific problem, drivers or whatever... but I need to know...
  4. Why is my computer waking up from sleep mode?

Why is my computer waking up from sleep mode?: When I finish working on my computer and after a certain period of time, it goes to sleep. However, in hibernation it starts cyclically for approximately 10 minutes. Turn on the fan, the screen, ... and the windows login window....
  5. waking up from sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    waking up from sleep mode: how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-from-sleep-mode/b4ff1b9a-ea46-4a3a-975c-1d05f338aeae"
  6. Computer shuts down after waking from sleep mode

Computer shuts down after waking from sleep mode: Have had this laptop for many years now and installed Windows 10 (from Win 7) when it was made available. Within the last few months the laptop can no longer resume from sleep mode and shuts down unexpectedly. Seeing as how this never happened before and I have been running...
  7. Not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Not wake up from sleep mode: My box does not wake up from "sleep" mode. I tried wake-up with keyboard and power button, but not worked. The psecs of my box is here; OS: windows 10 pro x64 CPU: i7-920 Motherboard: Asus P5X58D Premium Memory: G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 2G x 6 Graphics Card(s): Nvidia...
  8. BSOD after waking computer from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after waking computer from sleep mode: I had just finished about 4 hours of gaming and put my computer in sleep mode while I did some other personal things. Once I came back, I awoke my computer and when attempting to put in my log passcode, my computer froze. After about 1 minute, nothing had changed, so I forced...
  9. Airplane Mode Is On When Computer Wakes Up From Sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Airplane Mode Is On When Computer Wakes Up From Sleep: Hi, I am on 10565 Pro version though this occured in last build too. Whenever I come back to my pc in the morning after putting it in hibernate mode for the night my airplane mode is always on. I notice it first by my bluetooth mouse being disconnected and then wifi...
  10. BSOD after computer waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after computer waking up from sleep mode: I've recently formatted my computer not long ago. So my computer would randomly wake up from sleep mode and I went into power settings to check if any wake up times are on but they weren't on. Now after the BSOD if I try to put it to sleep, the lights stays on and won't go to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to wake computer after windows update

2. unable to wake computer from sleep mode