Windows 10: Unable to work with Pictures, Documents, Videos and Music folders, unable to use Game Bar,...

Discus and support Unable to work with Pictures, Documents, Videos and Music folders, unable to use Game Bar,... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't create any new files nor delete existing ones in the Pictures, Documents, Music and Videos folders. Trying to do so gives an error:-Could not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SubhodeepChakraborty, May 27, 2021.

1. Unable to work with Pictures, Documents, Videos and Music folders, unable to use Game Bar,...

I can't create any new files nor delete existing ones in the Pictures, Documents, Music and Videos folders. Trying to do so gives an error:-Could not find this item.This is no longer located in C:\Users\{Username}. Verify the item's location and try again.I can open existing files in the folders, but cannot edit or delete them.Taking screenshots with Windows key + PrtScr only copies screen to clipboard, does not save them in C:Users\{Username}\Pictures\Screenshots as it should.Ever since this started happening, Xbox Game Bar also stopped working. It does not open anymore.Another bug, probably

:)

SubhodeepChakraborty, May 27, 2021

2. Unable to move location of My Documents or My Pictures folders

So currently when I go into "This PC" I have 6 icons at the top : Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures & Videos.

As I'm running my OS off a 120gb SSD I typically store my documents/photos/videos etc on another drive, in this case my D drive. If I right click > Properties on these folders there is a tab titled Location, which normally lets me change where the folder points to. However on both the Documents and Pictures folders I see the following issue when trying to change away from the default "Onedrive" location :

Unable to work with Pictures, Documents, Videos and Music folders, unable to use Game Bar,... [​IMG]

Note : This is the error I get when I try to move the folder location ANYWHERE, not just to the D drive.

Any help or troubleshooting ideas appreciated.

sheepdemon, May 27, 2021
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Steve C Win User

Unable to work with Pictures, Documents, Videos and Music folders, unable to use Game Bar,...

What exactly are are "My music", "My Pictures" and "My videos"

You can't redirect the shortcut links which is the subject of the post

Steve C, May 27, 2021
Thema:

Unable to work with Pictures, Documents, Videos and Music folders, unable to use Game Bar,...

1. Unable to work with Pictures, Documents, Videos and Music folders, unable to use Game Bar,... - Similar Threads - Unable Pictures Documents

2. Standard Folders from File explorerDownloads, Documents, Videos, Pictures, Music not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standard Folders from File explorerDownloads, Documents, Videos, Pictures, Music not...: Below in the folders in Box 1 should show underBox 2 and 3. Can.t seem to have it working even after 3 resets. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/standard-folders-from-file-explorerdownloads/6f9e379b-9b5f-4bf4-9f76-377f7fe143af
  3. Standard Folders from File explorerDownloads, Documents, Videos, Pictures, Music not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Standard Folders from File explorerDownloads, Documents, Videos, Pictures, Music not...: Below in the folders in Box 1 should show underBox 2 and 3. Can.t seem to have it working even after 3 resets. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/standard-folders-from-file-explorerdownloads/6f9e379b-9b5f-4bf4-9f76-377f7fe143af
  4. Main folders "Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos" disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Main folders "Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos" disappeared: I was trying to move my folders "Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos" from C drive to D drive, somehow I merged them by mistake and now none of them is visible. I tried to recover them but all I did failed. What can I do?...
  5. Unable to change location of Documents or Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to change location of Documents or Pictures folder: When I bring up the Document Properties window, and click on the Location tab, the window id missing the 3 buttons (Restore Default, Move, Find Target) that everyone else seems to have. And the path field is not editable. Any ideas? 155160
  6. Unable to gain access to contents of Music, Pictures or Videos folders

Unable to gain access to contents of Music, Pictures or Videos folders: I recently had a motherboard failure so I added my second disc from that machine to my new one. In that old machine I specified that those folders Music, Pictures and Videos would be stored on that second drive, hoping in the event of a SSD failure, all those files would be...
  7. Folders: Changing directory of user library folders desktop, music, pictures, documents, videos

Folders: Changing directory of user library folders desktop, music, pictures, documents, videos: For the user library folders such as Desktop, Music, Pictures, I know that the directory can be changed by going in to "properties" > "location" Like so: https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/change-location-of-user-folders-in-windows/ I'm looking to change the directory of these...
  8. Default Documents/Music/Pictures/Videos folder alternatives?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Documents/Music/Pictures/Videos folder alternatives?: For those of us finally fed up with the colossal mess applications have made of them (particularly “Documents”). And also for those of us still with just the “C:\” drive to work with. I’ve long heard that it’s simply not viable to use a new “Local Disc C:\” folder for such...
  9. Unable to change location of pictures and documents folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to change location of pictures and documents folders: When I try to change the location of the documents folder and the pictures folder, I get a message, "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied." I get this message whether or not I choose to move the files...
  10. Unable to create or save files in "Documents" and "Pictures" folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to create or save files in "Documents" and "Pictures" folders: Hi, as with many I have upgraded to Windows 10 today and it is going well except for the fact I am unable to save any files or create new ones in the Documents and Pictures folders or any sub-folders within these folders, and I have no idea why it is doing this. For instance,...