Windows 10: Unable to write on photos opened in Camera app

Discus and support Unable to write on photos opened in Camera app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; (Surface Pro 5) I used to be able to write directly on the photos I've taken when selecting from the preview (camera roll) image in the camera app. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by asd.sparky, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Unable to write on photos opened in Camera app

(Surface Pro 5) I used to be able to write directly on the photos I've taken when selecting from the preview (camera roll) image in the camera app. I could scroll through the camera roll and write on photos as I needed to. Now I cannot write on the pics opened through that method. I have to open my "Photos" folder, open the photo I want to edit, then save and close. I now have to do this for up to 200 photos per day. This really makes for a long day and cuts productivity to about a third. Any ideas as to how I can get this function back?

***Moved from: Windows 10/Windows Ink & touch***

***Modified title from: Pen and ink on pic opened from camera***

:)

asd.sparky, Jun 11, 2019
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Jun 11, 2019
  3. barto Win User
    Choose default photo viewer app to open from Windows Camera

History: I recently began getting errors when trying to open images in the default Microsoft Photos app. It turned out I'm not the only one with the problem and I'm not the only one who is unable to solve it, so I installed a different app to view photos (IrfanView). (There is an app but one can also install it as a program.)

Problem: When I open Windows Camera, as usual the last photo I took is shown at the bottom right of the screen. When clicking it, the photo used to be opened in Microsoft Photos. But since that app doesn't work anymore (in fact I removed it in powershell) I want Windows Camera to open the photo in a different app (IfranView). How can I do this?

I set IrfanView as the default photo viewer, but that doesn't help.

When I try to open a photo in Windows Camera, I'm asked to choose an app from the Microsoft store, but there appears to be no way to actually select an app. It just opens the store and that's it. After that, I get the error

barto, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Unable to write on photos opened in Camera app

Unable to open the photos in Photos App

Hello David,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in opening the Photos in Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you trying to open the photos in Photo App?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you try to open the photos?
    • Do you have the copy of those photos and are you able to open those photos?
    Please post to us with the information above to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Unable to write on photos opened in Camera app

1. Unable to write on photos opened in Camera app - Similar Threads - Unable write photos

2. Unable to open any photos or Windows apps.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open any photos or Windows apps.: Hello,Whenever I try to open a photo I get this kind of error.I also get this kind of error when I start my computer.When I try to open any app under the \WindowsApps\ folder it closes automatically.What information do you need to solve this problem?...
  3. Unable to open any photos or Windows apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open any photos or Windows apps.: Hello,Whenever I try to open a photo I get this kind of error.I also get this kind of error when I start my computer.When I try to open any app under the \WindowsApps\ folder it closes automatically.What information do you need to solve this problem?...
  4. Unable to open any photos or Windows apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Camera unable to save the photo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera unable to save the photo: Hi everyone, last time I accidentally delete the file named "Photo Capture" because I think that this file is uselessBut when I open the camera, it cannot capture and record the videoWhat should I do now?My device is Huawei Matebook D15...
  6. Photos App unable to tag photos from camera

Photos App unable to tag photos from camera: I have >25,000 pictures that I am trying to get tagged using the Photo App. But it totally fails to handle some of the folders I have given it. Now I have realised that Photo App has a problem with any image that I took with a Canon PowerShot A1300 camera, or with a HP...
  7. Unable to open photos because of “write protected” view

Unable to open photos because of “write protected” view: I downloaded photos from my camera to Windows 10 PC. Unfortunately the photos that I have downloaded recently have "write protected" status and I am unable to open them...
  8. Unable to open Microsoft store, Camera App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to open Microsoft store, Camera App: I am getting file system error-2147416359. with photos application. Also, I am unable to open my Microsoft store, Camera App, and the Lenovo Vantage app. Every time I try to open the window app store, and the camera app, it opens and closes really quickly. I tried the cache...
  9. How to get back the function to write on photos opened in Camera app?

How to get back the function to write on photos opened in Camera app?: It is a great feature which I used a lot. I could write directly on the photos taken when selecting from the preview image in the camera app. Now this function disappeared and I have to open my "Photos" folder, then select a photo I want to edit, save and close. It takes...
  10. Setting the photo app to open when a camera is connected.

Setting the photo app to open when a camera is connected.: Until today, whenever I connected my camera to the computer via USB, the photo app would open. Today, it did not do that. How can I reset the app so that it opens....