Windows 10: 'unable to write to file' when using scanner

Discus and support 'unable to write to file' when using scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Help Please! I have been using a V300 Epson Photo scanner, but since getting a new computer with Windows 10, it won't allow me to write to a file after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Anne2003, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Anne2003 Win User

'unable to write to file' when using scanner

Help Please! I have been using a V300 Epson Photo scanner, but since getting a new computer with Windows 10, it won't allow me to write to a file after scanning. It gives an 'unable to write to file' message. I have already uninstalled & re-installed software & drivers & contacted Epson. They did a remote access & assured me it is not a scanner issue. No one else uses my computer & I seem to have full access over my files, although there has been some suggestion that it's an issue related to 'read only' versus other types of files. Thanks in advance.

:)

Anne2003, Jul 30, 2018
  2. Steve C Win User

Unable to get Win10 to recognize EPSON 4870 Photo Scanner

I'll walk you though the steps I do to install my Perfection 1200. I have to do this periodically for some reason to reestablish the 'non-standard' Perfection 2400 driver.

1. Right click on the scanner in Device Manager (as Admin) and select Update Driver. Then select the option to browse my computer for driver software.

'unable to write to file' when using scanner [​IMG]

2. Then select Let me pick from a list of device drivers....

3. Select Imaging Devices from the next list.

4. Finally, select the correct Epson driver you have installed then click Next. If it isn't listed then something has gone wrong with the driver installation.

5. Hopefully, the scanner should now work?

Steve C, Jul 30, 2018
  3. xwray Win User
    Unable to get Win10 to recognize EPSON 4870 Photo Scanner

Thanks Steve...I performed these steps *exactly* as well as with the 4870 drivers. Nothing is working. I have just about concluded that for whatever reason my Win10 install (from the "free" upgrade version) and the 4870 just aren't compatible. I just now reinstalled Win7 on a spare drive and installed the drivers without incident.
    I didn't really want to switch to Win10 anyhow what with all of it's privacy concerns and only did so because of the ongoing windows update issues with Win7. When it unilaterally decided to rename one of my folders screwing up my photo links I nearly removed it then and there. There's a lot more about Win10 I do not like and I'm probably going to toss it and go back to 7 permanently.

xwray, Jul 30, 2018
  4. 'unable to write to file' when using scanner

Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

'unable to write to file' when using scanner

1. 'unable to write to file' when using scanner - Similar Threads - 'unable write file'

2. unable to write to c:\program files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to write to c:\program files: When I try to install radio programming software JT270M_USER_V103.exe as an administrator, I receive the error message "unable to write to c:\program filesx86\jet\jt270mv103\sysini.ini". The file "sysini.ini"" is present as indicated by the path shown. It is currently...
  3. Free File Sync unable to write to some files.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Free File Sync unable to write to some files.: I recently updated Free File Sync from v10.17 to v10.25. and started to get a write problem to Pictures and Videos files. My set up is C: to D: Real-time and D: to F: Batch to external hard-drive. Win 10 Home v 1909. OS build 18363.900 Completed with errors Errors: 2...
  4. Unable to scan using Ricoh Scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to scan using Ricoh Scanner: We have 2 computers in our office that did the Windows 10 update. Now they are not able to receive scans from our Ricoh. Any fixes for this? Thanks ***Original Title: Microsoft Update***...
  5. Unable to use Fingerprint scanner

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to use Fingerprint scanner: I have HP Zbook 15 G2 running windows 10 pro, finger print scanner stopped working. In settings it displays that driver is not compatible windows 10 Hello. Updated windows and driver. But not successful. ***Original title: Fingerprint Scanner.***...
  6. Use of scanner

Use of scanner: I have recently upgraded to a Windows 10 and I am using a Canon MG2120 printer/scanner. I can print fine but can get the scanner going. Do you have a possible solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-of-scanner/9071cb89-e1a1-4e68-812b-9960797c2c2f
  7. Unable to write on HDD?

Unable to write on HDD?: I have Recently upgraded to Window 10 and transferred my computer to a new case. I used this opportunity to get a new SSD and HDD. My plan was to Have only windows 10 on my SSD and use the HDD as storage and for software that has frequent updates. Windows 10 recognizes...
  8. Unable to connect to Scanner using Windows 10

Unable to connect to Scanner using Windows 10: I am not being able to access my epson scanner. no problem using the printer, but the PC lately is not able to find the scanner regardless that it is an all in one EPSON WF 3640...
  9. Scanner inoperative when used on Windows 10

Scanner inoperative when used on Windows 10: Trying to use VuPoint Solutions FS-C1-VP scanner on Windows 10. Unable to gain an image in the user screen. Black frames. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/scanner-inoperative-when-used-on-windows-10/e39a6817-b203-4e74-841e-5b067b6802b5
  10. Using a scanner

Using a scanner: I have an HP muliti purpose colour laser printer / scanner. I have the correct software loaded but my Windows 10 machine always tells me the scanner isn't connected. I've tried the Microsoft "Scan" application that came with my Windows 10 computer and the HP Scan software...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. epson scan unable to write to folder

2. epson scanner unable to write to file

3. epson printer unable to write to file error

4. epson unable to write to file,
  5. epson unable to write file