Windows 10: Unable to write to mapped network drive attached to router since October 13, 2010

Discus and support Unable to write to mapped network drive attached to router since October 13, 2010 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been unable to write to my mapped network drive that is attached to my TP-Link router's USB port since October 13, 2020, the same day that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tomscot2, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Tomscot2 Win User

Unable to write to mapped network drive attached to router since October 13, 2010

I have been unable to write to my mapped network drive that is attached to my TP-Link router's USB port since October 13, 2020, the same day that the following updates were made on my computer:

2020-10 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 KB4578974

2020-10 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems KB4580325

2020-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems KB4577671

I currently have 20H2 installed today. No change in behavior with any of the computers on my network.

This is my backup drive and really need it.

:)

Tomscot2, Nov 23, 2020

2. Unable to map NAS on router

Hello my first post with a problem that should be simple. I am not very network savvy.
    Two HDDs attached to a TP link Archer C9 router. A newly built desktop running Win 10 Pro v 1909 build 18363.592. My old, now failed win 7 PC mapped to the drives easily.
    I have followed the steps in How to map a network drive in Windows 10 | TechRadar I believe correctly. I cannot get the two drives to show up when I try to map. Browse only shows this PC// and windows cannot access //192.168.1.1.
    Any help or guidance will be much appreciated.
    Thanks.

Machinist60, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Unable to map NAS on router

Thanks for your fast reply NavyLCDR. I checked the status of SMB1, it is enabled.
    Unable to write to mapped network drive attached to router since October 13, 2010 [​IMG]

John.

- - - Updated - - -

I have found the issue. The Onboard Lan Boot Rom was disabled. Now enabled and able to map the drive volumes attached to the router. For what it is worth the mother board is an Asus M5A78L-M PLUS USB3.
    Thanks, John.

Machinist60, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Unable to write to mapped network drive attached to router since October 13, 2010

Unable To Map Network Drive

I have two Windows 10 machines named Studio and Digital on an Ethernet network. I had Windows reinstalled on the Digital machine. From the Digital machine I can map a network drive on the Studio machine. From the Studio machine I am unable to map to the hard drive on the Digital machine. I am pretty sure I have everything setup correctly on the Digital machine including the computer name, account name, password etc.
    When I select the Digital machine and drive the "Enter Network Password" box appears and it says my network password is not correct.
    Please see the attached screenshot.
    Can someone please give me ideas as to what the problem may be? Thanks very much Bill

Unable to write to mapped network drive attached to router since October 13, 2010 [​IMG]

artmanphoto, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Unable to write to mapped network drive attached to router since October 13, 2010

1. Unable to write to mapped network drive attached to router since October 13, 2010 - Similar Threads - Unable write mapped

2. Unable to Map Network Drive since W10 upgrades

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Map Network Drive since W10 upgrades: I have a local NAS connected to my home Router, and for many years have happily connected to the individual HDD’s by ‘Mapping the drives’There is a mapping Utility which runs and identifies IP address of NAS and the volume, but when I try to connect gives ‘Failed to map...
  3. Unable to Map Network Drive since W10 upgrades

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Map Network Drive since W10 upgrades: I have a local NAS connected to my home Router, and for many years have happily connected to the individual HDD’s by ‘Mapping the drives’There is a mapping Utility which runs and identifies IP address of NAS and the volume, but when I try to connect gives ‘Failed to map...
  4. Unable to Map Network Drive since W10 upgrades

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to map network drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to map network drive: I was recently having troubles with sshfs-win. Explorer just sometimes begins to hang, without any change to anything.I then ran the command `net use Y: /delete`. It removed the sshfs mapped drive. Now I cannot re-map the drive.How can I use the drive letter Y: again?The...
  6. Unable To Map Network Drive

Unable To Map Network Drive: I have two Windows 10 machines named Studio and Digital on an Ethernet network. I had Windows reinstalled on the Digital machine. From the Digital machine I can map a network drive on the Studio machine. From the Studio machine I am unable to map to the hard drive on the...
  7. Unable Map Network drive

Unable Map Network drive: I have two computers running windows 10. One system can map a drive to my Netgear device while the other fails with the message "System Error 64 has occurred. The network path was not found." I have tried various solutions on the WEB without success. Is there a local...
  8. Unable to Map a network drive - a device attached to the system is not functioning

Unable to Map a network drive - a device attached to the system is not functioning: Hi I am trying to map a network drive in Windows 10 but I keep getting the error 'a device attached to the system is not functioning'. Any hints what may cause this issue? Regards Anton...
  9. Unable to map a network drive

Unable to map a network drive: My computer has happily been displaying my NAS drive up until today. I can see the device properties yet when i try to map it i am tol cannot map as its mapped with another credential or login. I checked the Reg Edit as per other forum suggestions and it isnt mapped I...
  10. Unable to Map network drives

Unable to Map network drives: Good afternoon I am running a laptop with dual- booted Win10 (1709) systems. Both Win10 installs have been carried out in the last 3 days because Win10 (1703) would/could not update to 1709. Both systems have the same basic set of applications and security software. I...