Windows 10: Unacceptable Lack of Control with Windows 10 Filter Compared with Windows 7

Discus and support Unacceptable Lack of Control with Windows 10 Filter Compared with Windows 7 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I don't appreciate the fact that my children that are 13 years old or older can opt themselves out of activity reporting. Children are children until... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BMG, Jan 31, 2020.

1. BMG
    BMG Win User

Unacceptable Lack of Control with Windows 10 Filter Compared with Windows 7

I don't appreciate the fact that my children that are 13 years old or older can opt themselves out of activity reporting. Children are children until they are 18 and there is no point in having a family safety program if children can opt themselves out.

Also, there are some adults, even today, that don't want to see adult material online. Until Windows 10, an adult could block content and/or have another adult monitor his/her activity. Now that is not possible, unless the adult converts his/her account into a child account.

Please revert back to how it was with Windows 7 with this regard.

:)

2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Unacceptable Lack of Control with Windows 10 Filter Compared with Windows 7

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Unacceptable Lack of Control with Windows 10 Filter Compared with Windows 7

1. Unacceptable Lack of Control with Windows 10 Filter Compared with Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Unacceptable Lack Control

2. Unacceptable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unacceptable: I was attempting to call about an issue with SCOOBE, specifically that it delayed urgent work. Then after attempting to call support you discontinue all phone-based support for "the customers benefit." Use of my computer has been interrupted by promotional activities, on a...
  3. Windows 10 Compare

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Compare: Dear Microsoft Team,Introduce my name is ryan, I work at PT. NEC Indonesia. Currently we want to sell our products using the Windows 10 IoT operating system. But our customers ask for a statement that windows 10 IoT is basically the same as Windows 10 Pro. Can you help us?And...
  4. Windows 10 slower compared to Windows 7

Windows 10 slower compared to Windows 7: Hey i jus upgraded from windows 7 to 10 PRO ALL MY GAMES ARE ALMOST LAGGING I USED TO GET 60 FPS, BUT NOW ONLY 20 TO 15FPS LIKE **** HAPPENED TO MY PC I have a dell vostro laptop Specs :- intel i-5 3230M CPU @2.60HZ 2.60 8 GB RAM AMD 7600M RADEON PLS HELP ME,...
  5. Windows 10 is slow on my PC compared to Windows 8.1 and 7

Windows 10 is slow on my PC compared to Windows 8.1 and 7: Hello. I recently upgraded my laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and there is such a drastic change in performance. Even live tiles on the start menu is absolutely slow. Like, everything that I do is so laggy. I already have the latest updates, all the drivers are...
  6. Window 7 controls on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 7 controls on Windows 10?: So while I was minimizing a tab I saw the window 7 tab outline of a program or something I'm 100% sure that I do not have a windows 7 theme installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-7-controls-on-windows-10/26a7dd7d-5a30-45f0-b057-0f2216d1b8d0
  7. Lack of brightness control panel adjustment in Windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lack of brightness control panel adjustment in Windows 10 1903: Hi how come in the 1903 version there is no longer the brightness control in the control panel? It was great when I connected the pc to the mains and it went to 100% brightness and 0% when I disconnected it .. The brightness works for me because I have the drivers updated!...
  8. Performance of the windows 10 is very Slow compare to windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Performance of the windows 10 is very Slow compare to windows 7: Hi Team, We are facing latency issue with the windows version 1703 (OS Build 15063. 1387). In prevision, the performance quite well compared to the recent one Version 1607(OS Build 14393.1198). We are not able to downgrade to this Can we have any suggestion or patches for...
  9. What comparable, yet "USER IN CONTROL", alternatives are there to Windows 10?

What comparable, yet "USER IN CONTROL", alternatives are there to Windows 10?: Windows 10 is utter technological rape. The presence of it on one’s computer is akin to sitting in county jail waiting for the correctional officers sodomize you. Every new day that dawns I cringe at the thought of even turning on my computer for despair of what...
  10. Windows 10 Touch response is not smooth as compared to Windows 7

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Touch response is not smooth as compared to Windows 7: Hi, I have installed Windows 10 LTSB 2016 x64 customized OS on the tablet PC and observed that the touch is not smooth as compared to Windows 7 OS (WES7). Some of the touch events tried..selecting the folder to highlight and double touch the folder to open..etc., I would...