Windows 10: Unaddressed error in Macrium Reflect Free causing backup aborted

Discus and support Unaddressed error in Macrium Reflect Free causing backup aborted in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have the latest version of Macrium Reflect Free and have used it successfully create Full and Differential backups but i removed the external usb hdd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by djrobison22, May 9, 2017.

1. Unaddressed error in Macrium Reflect Free causing backup aborted

I have the latest version of Macrium Reflect Free and have used it successfully create Full and Differential backups but i removed the external usb hdd to do a backup on another pc recently and when the scheduled backup tried to run it had no destination drive to use so I reattached the drive, deleted the schedules and started again but now i get this message just trying to run the first Full backup:

Backup aborted! - Unable to read from disk - Error Code 21 - The device is not ready.

This error message is not listed anywhere in the Reflect forum nor does it come up with a search of the forums.

Can anybody help me out with this? Here is the summary:

Image ID - D4CE26B996B3AA27

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Imaging Summary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Backup Definition File: e:\djhardway\onedrive\documents\reflect\mybackup_differential.xml
    Auto Verify: Y
    Maximum File Size: Automatic
    Compression: Medium
    Password: N
    Intelligent Copy: Y
    Power Saving: N
    Email On Success: N
    Email On Failure: N
    Total Selected: 53.56 GB

Destination:
    Backup Type: Full
    File Name: J:\studio1745_backups\Reflect_backups\D4CE26B996B3AA27-00-00.mrimg

Operation 1 of 2
    Hard Disk: 1
    Drive Letter: N/A
    File System: NTFS
    Label: System Reserved
    Size: 500.0 MB
    Free: 113.6 MB
    Used: 386.4 MB

Operation 2 of 2
    Hard Disk: 1
    Drive Letter: C
    File System: NTFS
    Label:
    Size: 111.30 GB
    Free: 58.12 GB
    Used: 53.18 GB

Starting Image - Tuesday, May 09, 2017 15:27:31
    Initializing
    Destination Drive: Seagate ST950042 Ext USB HDD (J*Smile - Free Space 207.67 GB
    Free space threshold: Delete oldest backup sets when free space is less than 5.00 GB

Creating Volume Snapshot - Please Wait
    Volume Snapshots Created

Saving Partition - System Reserved
    Reading File System Bitmap
    Saving Partition

Saving Partition - (C*Smile
    Reading File System Bitmap
    Saving Partition
    Gathering Windows Events - Please Wait

Backup aborted! - Unable to read from disk - Error Code 21 - The device is not ready.

I/O Performance: Read 589.1 Mb/s - Write 167.8 Mb/s

Macrium Reflect Free Edition for non-commercial use v6.3.1745 - 35-TKY6-X5KM-FP8T-B7DE-WTMV-7CFFVXS

I am attaching the VSS log file from this backup as well...

Thanks,

Danny R

:)

djrobison22, May 9, 2017
  2. SpiritX MS MVP, May 9, 2017
  3. SpiritX MS MVP, May 9, 2017
Thema:

Unaddressed error in Macrium Reflect Free causing backup aborted

1. Unaddressed error in Macrium Reflect Free causing backup aborted - Similar Threads - Unaddressed error Macrium

2. Macrium reflect file backup free?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Macrium reflect file backup free?: Is the macrium reflect file folder backup free? submitted by /u/87d112 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f8hwui/macrium_reflect_file_backup_free/
  3. Unable to create backup in Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to create backup in Macrium Reflect Free: I have been stuck for a long time trying to make a backup of a newly created Disk Image. Whatever changes I make to the address of the destination folder I get a popup saying the 'destination folder path is contained within the Image'. I don't know what this means or what to...
  4. Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?

Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?: Can anyone recommend an alternative to Macrium Reflect Free as a backup tool? I want something that does disk imaging, as opposed to just backing up files. I have been fighting with Reflect Free on two computers and have got to the point where, even if I ever do get it...
  5. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  6. Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free

Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free: A couple of days ago Macrium was working just fine but then when it started it's daily backup of my system drive (incremental) it failed pretty well straight away, with this message: Starting Image - Friday, January 20, 2017 15:05:10 Initializing Destination Drive:...
  7. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  8. Doigt only Full Backups under Macrium Reflect Free

Doigt only Full Backups under Macrium Reflect Free: I have just installed Macrium Reflect Free 6.3 and cannot seem to find a way to create only Full backups. I did this on both Acronis and Paragon. How can I set up Reflect to do this? Thank you. 80044
  9. Macrium reflect free compatibility

Macrium reflect free compatibility: Short question are the images produced on reflect 5.1 compatible with 6.Long question: I have backed up my laptop over wireless to a network drive. Laptop is running xp and networked desktop is running win 10. I plan to change my laptop hard drive to an SSD but need to...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect Free: Good Day All just curious if this looks right [img] the fourth section of my C: drive is all red meaning full (almost) is this normal Thanks in ADV for any info 97310