Windows 10: Unallocated on Dynamic disk !

Discus and support Unallocated on Dynamic disk ! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey everyone , I have a laptop with a Windows 10 installed on an SSD [:C] and I've extra SSD slot with another 1 TB SSD [:E] installed into it . I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Karim_Amr, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Unallocated on Dynamic disk !

Hey everyone ,

I have a laptop with a Windows 10 installed on an SSD [:C] and I've extra SSD slot with another 1 TB SSD [:E] installed into it .

I've recently installed dual boot Ubuntu on on my [:E] disk by first unallocating 500 GB for the installation , after installation of Ubuntu ( with 100 GB needed allocation ) the disk shows there is around 400 GB of unallocated free space on the disk ,

I've tried to add the free space to the main partition but it always says there is not enough space available on the disk to complete the operation ( similar error when trying to create new volume )

I noticed that extra disk is showing = Dynamic Disk in disk management , does converting it to basic disk with payware products might fix the issue without deleting data or affecting Ubuntu ?

Thanks in advance !

submitted by /u/Karim_Amr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Karim_Amr, Apr 18, 2022

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Apr 18, 2022
  3. phil_745 Win User
    Hard disk partitioning

Thanks for responding. I deleted both partitions per your suggestion following step 3. Subsequent right click on unallocated section brings up only "new simple volume" choice. Right click on Disk 1 section brings up two choices: convert to Dynamic disk
    or convert to GPT disk. help?

phil_745, Apr 18, 2022
  4. Ruz San Win User

Unallocated on Dynamic disk !

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CUnallocated on Dynamic disk ! :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Apr 18, 2022
Thema:

Unallocated on Dynamic disk !

1. Unallocated on Dynamic disk ! - Similar Threads - Unallocated Dynamic disk

2. two unallocated disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two unallocated disk: two unallocated disk's in my computer and it cannot be deleted ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-unallocated-disk/5a4b62e6-17da-4ba8-b54d-78899be35fe3
  3. Unallocated Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unallocated Disk: I have a completely unallocated 1TB drive. I've tried some 3rd party tools like AOMEI, and EaseUS. Nothing works when I try to convert to GPT. I've tried DISKPART > list volume which my drive does not show up on. If I try to do anything with Disk Management it comes up with...
  4. Unallocated Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unallocated Disk: I have a completely unallocated 1TB drive. I've tried some 3rd party tools like AOMEI, and EaseUS. Nothing works when I try to convert to GPT. I've tried DISKPART > list volume which my drive does not show up on. If I try to do anything with Disk Management it comes up with...
  5. Move Unallocated Space Next To C: Drive On Dynamic Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Unallocated Space Next To C: Drive On Dynamic Disk: So I have a bit of a low-end PC, and I need to add some extra space to my C: Drive without freeing up space, since I always run low after a Windows update. But the only problem is that I need to move the unallocated space next to C: Drive in order to Extend it. I've tried...
  6. Move Unallocated Space Next To C: Drive On Dynamic Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Unallocated Space Next To C: Drive On Dynamic Disk: So I have a bit of a low-end PC, and I need to add some extra space to my C: Drive without freeing up space, since I always run low after a Windows update. But the only problem is that I need to move the unallocated space next to C: Drive in order to Extend it. I've tried...
  7. Move Unallocated Space Next To C: Drive On Dynamic Disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Unallocated disk space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unallocated disk space: [ATTACH] After installing Windows 10 Pro for the first time I notice that I'm missing disk D. I tried ''New Simple Volume'' on unallocated disk but doesn't work. I would appreciate your help. Thanks!...
  9. Invalid Dynamic disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Invalid Dynamic disk: I have connected my old laptops hard disk to a new one and it is not accessible. In device management the hard disk shows "Dynamic" and "Invalid". so what should I do ?...
  10. Disk Management and Dynamic Disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Management and Dynamic Disk: Hi, I'm a windows 10 user. While I was partitioning my disk using disk management tool, I've seen that I have created three F: drives. Is there any way to combine all three drives together?[ATTACH]...