Windows 10: Unallocated partition on disk C system drive - SSD

Discus and support Unallocated partition on disk C system drive - SSD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello I noticed I have an unallocated space on my windows drive. The drive is SSD. Should I leave it be or can this somehow be allocated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DGolonka, Dec 12, 2020.

1. DGolonka Win User

Unallocated partition on disk C system drive - SSD

Unallocated partition on disk C system drive - SSD 2143c02f-8508-4e23-9312-a3435fcf862e?upload=true.png

Hello

I noticed I have an unallocated space on my windows drive. The drive is SSD.

Should I leave it be or can this somehow be allocated to the rest of the drive C:.

Do I simply use the extend volume option in Disk Management on drive C:?

Unallocated partition on disk C system drive - SSD d3594b3e-dcf2-4c33-90fb-f2e8230f452d?upload=true.png

:)

DGolonka, Dec 12, 2020

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CUnallocated partition on disk C system drive - SSD :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Dec 12, 2020
  4. S_and_S Win User

adding unallocated disk space to drive C:

To work with non-adjacent unallocated space you'll need third-party software. This type of software is known as partition software or re-partition software, like EaseUS Partition Master or Paragon Partition Manager. To find these and others, look on the
    internet for professional reviews of partition managers.

Okay if I make an unsolicited suggestion? This is complicated software, so please invest the time to learn how to use it. There is no 'go-back' or 'do-over' when using partition software.

S_and_S, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Unallocated partition on disk C system drive - SSD - Similar Threads - Unallocated partition disk

2. C: partition now UNALLOCATED?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C: partition now UNALLOCATED?: USER ERROR...I accidentally typed a SMALL c: when performing a simple backup of a Quicken file. Now the computer is named C: and primary drive.I want to have C: as a separate partition...HOW???I went thru the disk management process and saw how to name an unallocated...
  3. C: partition now UNALLOCATED?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C: partition now UNALLOCATED?: USER ERROR...I accidentally typed a SMALL c: when performing a simple backup of a Quicken file. Now the computer is named C: and primary drive.I want to have C: as a separate partition...HOW???I went thru the disk management process and saw how to name an unallocated...
  4. C: partition now UNALLOCATED?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Additional SSD as an Unallocated Partition?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Additional SSD as an Unallocated Partition?: Can I install an additional SSD in my Windows 10 PC, and use it as an Unallocated Partition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/additional-ssd-as-an-unallocated-partition/11c52df6-a7a7-4906-aad6-2392925e0d01
  6. Disk Partition Unallocated Space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Partition Unallocated Space: [ATTACH]Hi team, I recently tried installing windows 7 and during installation, I got the message that Windows can't get installed on the selected disk due to MBR style. I converted the MBR style to GPT style by allocating 100Gb to selected Disk 0. Now after...
  7. Move C: drive to SSD but there are system partitions on 2 drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move C: drive to SSD but there are system partitions on 2 drives: My c: drive is failing so I need to move it a new SSD, however my system has system reserved partitions on 2 separate drives and to my untrained eye it looks as if the booting system reserved partition is G: which is not on the same disk as C: Windows 10 Pro version 1903...
  8. Move C: drive to SSD but there are system partitions on 2 drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Move C: drive to SSD but there are system partitions on 2 drives: My c: drive is failing so I need to move it a new SSD, however my system has system reserved partitions on 2 separate drives and to my untrained eye it looks as if the booting system reserved partition is G: which is not on the same disk as C: Windows 10 Pro version 1903...
  9. Drive c unallocated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drive c unallocated: hello , I need help I was trying to install new windows (10) to my pc at the installation i was trying to format C to remove old windows then " Next " for the new windows , But it show error , so I tried to delete the partition so I can " create new " but when I choose "...
  10. adding unallocated disk space to drive C:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    adding unallocated disk space to drive C:: How can I add the unallocated disk space to drive C:\ when the unallocated space is not adjacent to the C:\ partitions are on the drive: such as Drives: E, F, G, H drive F:\ has been shrunk and I would like to add the unallocated space to the C:\ however, windows will not...