Windows 10: Unallocated Partitions?

Discus and support Unallocated Partitions? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; does this disk management screen grab look ok? how about the two unallocated partitions in disk 0, can those be merged with c:? if so, is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by aeneas1, Dec 24, 2019.

1. aeneas1 Win User

Unallocated Partitions?

does this disk management screen grab look ok? how about the two unallocated partitions in disk 0, can those be merged with c:? if so, is there a benefit? also, under volume it shows "disk 0 partition 2" and "disk 0 partition 5", is there a reason why the partitions numbers aren't sequential (i.e. partition 1, partition 2, etc.)? is it a concern? thanks very much!

Unallocated Partitions? zz01.png

:)

aeneas1, Dec 24, 2019

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Dec 24, 2019
  3. Merging three unallocated partitions into one.

I followed these steps but I do not get the option to extend the volume only to shrink it as the extend option is gray.

jermainejoy, Dec 24, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

Unallocated Partitions?

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CUnallocated Partitions? :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

Unallocated Partitions?

1. Unallocated Partitions? - Similar Threads - Unallocated Partitions

2. There are unallocated spaces where there should be ufi partition and recovery partitions...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There are unallocated spaces where there should be ufi partition and recovery partitions...: So I reinstalled windows as there was corruption with my previous install in disk 0 but after reinstall there are no ufi and recovery partitions...
  3. There are unallocated spaces where there should be ufi partition and recovery partitions...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There are unallocated spaces where there should be ufi partition and recovery partitions...: So I reinstalled windows as there was corruption with my previous install in disk 0 but after reinstall there are no ufi and recovery partitions...
  4. There are unallocated spaces where there should be ufi partition and recovery partitions...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Need to extend C: partition, but unallocated is not adjacent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to extend C: partition, but unallocated is not adjacent: I have 4 partitions on my C: drive, in order left-to-right on Disk Management: 579M Recovery Partition, 99.33G Boot, 100M EFI, 50G Unallocated. I want to merge the Boot partition with the Unallocated, but they are not adjacent. I've read several posts on this but I find them...
  6. Need to extend C: partition, but unallocated is not adjacent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to extend C: partition, but unallocated is not adjacent: I have 4 partitions on my C: drive, in order left-to-right on Disk Management: 579M Recovery Partition, 99.33G Boot, 100M EFI, 50G Unallocated. I want to merge the Boot partition with the Unallocated, but they are not adjacent. I've read several posts on this but I find them...
  7. Need to extend C: partition, but unallocated is not adjacent

8. How can I merge the OS C: partition and the "116.21 GB Unallocated" partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I merge the OS C: partition and the "116.21 GB Unallocated" partition?: Hi,How can I merge the OS partition on Disk 1 with the Unallocated partition on Disk 1? They are separated by the "Healthy EFI System Partition", and I am unable to merge them because of this.This is a link to the Disk Manager app. How can I merge the "OS C:" and the...
  9. How can I merge the OS C: partition and the "116.21 GB Unallocated" partition?

How can I merge the OS C: partition and the "116.21 GB Unallocated" partition?: Hi,How can I merge the OS partition on Disk 1 with the Unallocated partition on Disk 1? They are separated by the "Healthy EFI System Partition", and I am unable to merge them because of this.This is a link to the Disk Manager app. How can I merge the "OS C:" and the...
  10. Deleted Ubuntu partition. Now the space shows as "unallocated". Unable to create a new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Ubuntu partition. Now the space shows as "unallocated". Unable to create a new...: When I try to right click and create a "new simple volume" , I get an error that says there is not enough disk space. I also tried reinstalling Ubuntu to check if I can install again on this disk space. How can I get back this disk space/reinstall on this unallocated space?...