Windows 10: Unallocated space is not visible in Disk Management

Discus and support Unallocated space is not visible in Disk Management in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, So I shrunk my F: drive volume by 30000MB, and after shrinking it, it was not visible as unallocated space. At this point, my F: Drive's space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by showrovchy, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Unallocated space is not visible in Disk Management

Hi,

So I shrunk my F: drive volume by 30000MB, and after shrinking it, it was not visible as unallocated space. At this point, my F: Drive's space decreased 30GB, yet the unallocated space wasn't visible on Disk Management. Thus, I tried to shrink it again, but the same problem occurred. I tried to refresh disk management, and the unallocated space didn't show up. I tried to restart my computer, it did not show up. Originally I had appx. 58 GB of space on the F: Drive, but now I have 28GB.

The screenshot of the Disk Management window:

Unallocated space is not visible in Disk Management 478fd608-470d-4fe2-b725-b862ad270b4d?upload=true.png

I have no idea what to do, so please help me fix this.

:)

showrovchy, Dec 20, 2020

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CUnallocated space is not visible in Disk Management :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Dec 20, 2020
  4. Unallocated space is not visible in Disk Management

Recover Unallocated Disk Space

Hi,DawnWilliams8

Sorry for this using the Disk Management tools

Step 1: Right-click Windows icon and select Disk Management.

Step 2: Locate and right-click on unallocated space in Disk Management, select "New Simple Volume".

Step 3: Specify the partition size and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4: Set a drive letter, file system - NTFS, and other settings to the new partitions. Click "Finish" to complete creating a new partition.

after putting a driver letter, you can try again the diskpart

Regards,

Erik

EriksonBautista24, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Unallocated space is not visible in Disk Management

1. Unallocated space is not visible in Disk Management - Similar Threads - Unallocated space visible

2. The disk space is showing unallocated space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The disk space is showing unallocated space.: While i was checking it is showing 5 mb unallocated is this right .i have 1 tb hdd is it good to show 931 gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-disk-space-is-showing-unallocated-space/82fc8895-87f0-4ea5-bcd6-a761f8b71540
  3. The disk space is showing unallocated space.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The disk space is showing unallocated space.: While i was checking it is showing 5 mb unallocated is this right .i have 1 tb hdd is it good to show 931 gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-disk-space-is-showing-unallocated-space/82fc8895-87f0-4ea5-bcd6-a761f8b71540
  4. The disk space is showing unallocated space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Asus unallocated disk space

Asus unallocated disk space: I have an Asus TUF F17 Laptop. When I went to disk management I don't see any unallocated disk space but when I checked properties of the C: drive only one I have it shows I have 487GB free. I want to try and make a new partition. Attahed is screen shot from Disk Management....
  6. unallocated space on disk 0

unallocated space on disk 0: i have windows and everything on disk 0 6tb but i saw it was getting full so i got a 4tb disk for backup. then i see that disk 0 s only using 2tb while the rest is unallocated. tried to extend volume gives error only first 2tb are usable on large mbr disks. conot create...
  7. Unallocated disk space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unallocated disk space: [ATTACH] After installing Windows 10 Pro for the first time I notice that I'm missing disk D. I tried ''New Simple Volume'' on unallocated disk but doesn't work. I would appreciate your help. Thanks!...
  8. Move Unallocated Space in the Disk Management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move Unallocated Space in the Disk Management: How do I move my unallocated space from disk 0 to disk 1 without using any outside sources. [Original Title: Disk Management] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-unallocated-space-in-the-disk-management/b88aa317-e6d3-4902-9fd4-6794aa4912b9
  9. Disk Partition Unallocated Space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Partition Unallocated Space: [ATTACH]Hi team, I recently tried installing windows 7 and during installation, I got the message that Windows can't get installed on the selected disk due to MBR style. I converted the MBR style to GPT style by allocating 100Gb to selected Disk 0. Now after...
  10. Unallocated Disk Space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unallocated Disk Space: I recently bought a small laptop to do admin work while out-of-town. The computer came in with a 100 MB partition allocated to Recovery. That didn't leave me enough room for a Windows upgrade. There was nothing in the partition so I created an external Recovery, deleted the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unallocated partition not showing

2. unallocated space is not appearing after shrink volume in win10

3. Unallocated space not showing Windows 10