Windows 10: Unallocated space on C drive

Discus and support Unallocated space on C drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an old laptop from 2010 (Acer Aspire 5740G-6395) that I had put to the side last year because my employer bought me a new laptop and the Acer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by danimal1968, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Unallocated space on C drive

I have an old laptop from 2010 (Acer Aspire 5740G-6395) that I had put to the side last year because my employer bought me a new laptop and the Acer was taking 10-15 minutes to boot. When I became aware of the low price of SSDs, for a tinkering project I picked up a 120gig SSD for $19 at Micro Center and figured I'd have a go. All is going well - I won't say the laptop feels brand new but it is now quite functional. (It went so well that I did the same thing with a 2009 Acer netbook and even that one is at least usable at least for me to learn Linux on, but I digress).

My question is that looking in Disk Management there is 442 MB of unallocated space. I have no idea how it got there but given the small size of the SSD would love to reclaim it if I can. But I don't want to blow everything up if that can be avoided. Is there any way short of reinstalling windows that I can accomplish it, or should I just leave it alone?

(Windows 10, ver 2004 btw - I decided against cloning the old HD and starting with a fresh install)

Unallocated space on C drive [​IMG]

:)

danimal1968, Jul 31, 2020

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CUnallocated space on C drive :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Unallocated space on C drive

adding unallocated disk space to drive C:

How can I add the unallocated disk space to drive C:\ when the unallocated space is not adjacent to the C:\

partitions are on the drive: such as Drives: E, F, G, H

drive F:\ has been shrunk and I would like to add the unallocated space to the C:\

however, windows will not let me expand the C: drive or move the unallocated space to Drive C:\

I am trying to do this because Windows has run out of space on Drive C:\ and I am now having a hard time printing, saving, etc.

MDSmith100, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Unallocated space on C drive

1. Unallocated space on C drive - Similar Threads - Unallocated space drive

2. Can't extend C drive with unallocated space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't extend C drive with unallocated space: I have a problem with extending the space on my C drive, I've already tried using Disk Management and I've also watched videos on Youtube. I noticed that the D drive and C drive were on the same disk on every video and that mine were on different drives. I feel like I've made...
  3. Can't extend C drive with unallocated space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't extend C drive with unallocated space: I have a problem with extending the space on my C drive, I've already tried using Disk Management and I've also watched videos on Youtube. I noticed that the D drive and C drive were on the same disk on every video and that mine were on different drives. I feel like I've made...
  4. Can't extend C drive with unallocated space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to Make Unallocated Space Contiguous to C drive ?

How to Make Unallocated Space Contiguous to C drive ?: On my Hyper-V host Windows Server 2019, C drive need to be extended but the unallocated space which was shrunk from D volume, is not next to C. How can I move the free space to be on the right side of C?...
  6. I'm unable to allocate space in c drive. There is no unallocated space in C drive and I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm unable to allocate space in c drive. There is no unallocated space in C drive and I...: I need to extend space in my c drive but under disk management, there is no unallocated space. When I try to shrink volume, I don't know what number to be added there. Kindly guide me how to resolve these issues....
  7. I'm unable to allocate space in c drive. There is no unallocated space in C drive and I...

I'm unable to allocate space in c drive. There is no unallocated space in C drive and I...: I need to extend space in my c drive but under disk management, there is no unallocated space. When I try to shrink volume, I don't know what number to be added there. Kindly guide me how to resolve these issues....
  8. Not able to merge unallocated space to C system Drive

Not able to merge unallocated space to C system Drive: I shrank 6.86 GB from my D drive and tried to extend my C Drive with it, but the extend storage option on my C drive is not working or blurred out. Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm running on Windows 11 Home Single Language.Thanks!...
  9. Regarding merging of unallocated space in C drive.

Regarding merging of unallocated space in C drive.: I want to resize my C drive that's why i unallocated 100 GB space from my D drive. After that when i right click on C drive it is still not showing extend volume option. [ATTACH] Then i search online and i found some tools like EaseUS partition manager and AOMEI partition...
  10. adding unallocated disk space to drive C:

adding unallocated disk space to drive C:: How can I add the unallocated disk space to drive C:\ when the unallocated space is not adjacent to the C:\ partitions are on the drive: such as Drives: E, F, G, H drive F:\ has been shrunk and I would like to add the unallocated space to the C:\ however, windows will not...