Windows 10: Unallocated space on hard drive

Discus and support Unallocated space on hard drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello: I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 Version 1903 got everything up and running good then looked @ my Hdd its only showing 2.47tb on a 3tb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EwryRobert, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Unallocated space on hard drive

Hello: I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 Version 1903 got everything up and running good then looked @ my Hdd its only showing 2.47tb on a 3tb Hdd. ? Went into Disk Manager and this is what I have
    Unallocated space on hard drive [​IMG]

746gb unallocated that I can not do anything with other then go to Help every thing is greyed out, I want to find away to use the storage. Maybe use it for Linux or something of that sort.
    I thank you for all the help I can get.

:)

EwryRobert, Oct 16, 2019

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Oct 16, 2019
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CUnallocated space on hard drive :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Oct 16, 2019
  4. Unallocated space on hard drive

Unallocated Space on drive.... Help.

Hi Jakeh,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

"Extend Volume" option under Disk Management tool is only available when there is contiguous unallocated space behind the volume you want to extend. As here is no unallocated space after the C partition drive, so extend volume greyed
    out.

Therefore we need an unallocated place on the right of the goal partition (drive: C), theoretically we should shrink volume D for unallocated space, but you will find you could only create an unallocated space behind drive: D, not drive: C, unless
    you could move the unallocated space or you could only make drive: D become unallocated place (delete drive: D) but this way may lead all your data in drive: D get loss, of course you could create a new partition and copy drive: D in it.

Data loss Warning:

Converting a hard disk partition or volume from NTFS to FAT32 requires that you reformat the partition, which deletes any data on it. Be sure to back up any data you want to keep before you begin.

I can understand you want to add the unallocated space to the (CUnallocated space on hard drive :) drive on the computer. For doing so, you have to first add the Unallocated space (31.51 GB) to the drive (JUnallocated space on hard drive :)
    and then try adding it to the (CUnallocated space on hard drive :) drive. Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Steps:-

1. Right click on the
    System Reseved (JUnallocated space on hard drive :) drive and click on Extend Volume.

2. Keep clicking Next
    and follow the on screen instructions.

3. The Unallocated space will be added to (JUnallocated space on hard drive :)
    drive.

4. Now, right click on (JUnallocated space on hard drive :) drive and click on
    Format.

5. Right click on the (JUnallocated space on hard drive :) drive again and select
    Delete Volume.

6. Now (JUnallocated space on hard drive :) drive shall be shown as
    Unallocated space.

7. Finally, right click on the (CUnallocated space on hard drive :)
    drive and select Extend Volume.

8. Keep clicking on Next and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

Unallocated space on hard drive

1. Unallocated space on hard drive - Similar Threads - Unallocated space hard

2. My drive's unallocated space is unmanageable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My drive's unallocated space is unmanageable.: I have two drives in my computer. One is the boot and there's a second 1 terabyte one. It had two partitions that were previously used on another computer that i now wanted as a single partition, so i backed up my data and deleted the second partition, E. But afterwards, when...
  3. No unallocated space showing up on external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No unallocated space showing up on external hard drive.: I am trying to create partition on a new external hard drive but it won't let me since there's nothing to right click. The hard drive is 1.9tb but when I look the details in disk management, none of that storage space shows up. It also doesn't show up in My PC. Is there...
  4. No unallocated space showing up on external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No unallocated space showing up on external hard drive.: I am trying to create partition on a new external hard drive but it won't let me since there's nothing to right click. The hard drive is 1.9tb but when I look the details in disk management, none of that storage space shows up. It also doesn't show up in My PC. Is there...
  5. Unallocated Space on Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unallocated Space on Hard Drive: I had a disk failure caused by a failed UPS. Before I realised I had tried to repair Windows. The disk is 1Tb, I also had a 1Tb disk used for file storage but I think this is on the verge of failings although it can still be read.I purchased a 2Tb HDD and was able to clone...
  6. Windows is detecting a volume of an external hard drive as unallocated space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows is detecting a volume of an external hard drive as unallocated space.: Pictured above is the unallocated space in disk management. The 2016 GB of unallocated data can be turned into a volume, the 5404.04 GB cannot. There was a large sum of data in the 5404, which I am trying to recover. Is there any way I might be able to recover the volume or...
  7. Unallocated space on C drive

Unallocated space on C drive: I have an old laptop from 2010 (Acer Aspire 5740G-6395) that I had put to the side last year because my employer bought me a new laptop and the Acer was taking 10-15 minutes to boot. When I became aware of the low price of SSDs, for a tinkering project I picked up a 120gig...
  8. "Unallocated" hard drive

"Unallocated" hard drive: Hi I've got a hard drive that just completely stopped working. Removed it, and connected it to my laptop. It kept on asking if i wanted to format the drive., after tying everything i could, i gave up and formatted the hard drive. Everything went okay, and without any...
  9. Hard drive unallocated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive unallocated: When i finished building my pc i installed windows 10 on my ssd and also i had installed a 2T hard drive. The computer in disk managment reads the hard drive as drive 0 and all of it is unallocated space. I have tried to assign it a letter in disk mangement but it wont let me...
  10. Raided hard drive unallocated

Raided hard drive unallocated: Hello ten forums does anyboby here can me how to fix my raided 2 hard drive without losing any data.. i encounter this. when i open my mycomputer i cannot read my hard drive and my raided drive in device manager was this. look at the picture 5%x Anybody here can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fresh install windows 10 deleted unallocated drive