Windows 10: Unallocated space

Discus and support Unallocated space in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After installing Windows 10, SSD has 580GB unallocated space. How can I get this space back without loosing data on SSD? submitted by /u/zxasassa... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zxasassa, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Unallocated space

After installing Windows 10, SSD has 580GB unallocated space. How can I get this space back without loosing data on SSD?

submitted by /u/zxasassa
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zxasassa, Oct 11, 2020

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Oct 11, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CUnallocated space :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Oct 11, 2020
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Unallocated space

Moving Unallocated Disk Space to End of Disk

Was commenting on the pic in post #21. Not suggesting anything. It just looked like the step you were doing was incomplete.

f14tomcat, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Unallocated space

1. Unallocated space - Similar Threads - Unallocated space

2. Can't Merge Unallocated Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Merge Unallocated Space: I have an SSD drive and I'm would like to merge all unallocated space together so it's not in random places but it wont allow me to do so and I cannot merge the healthy recovery to the 1.06gb partition next to it either. These partitions were created by windows 11 and my ssdI...
  3. Can't Merge Unallocated Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Merge Unallocated Space: I have an SSD drive and I'm would like to merge all unallocated space together so it's not in random places but it wont allow me to do so and I cannot merge the healthy recovery to the 1.06gb partition next to it either. These partitions were created by windows 11 and my ssdI...
  4. There are unallocated spaces where there should be ufi partition and recovery partitions...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There are unallocated spaces where there should be ufi partition and recovery partitions...: So I reinstalled windows as there was corruption with my previous install in disk 0 but after reinstall there are no ufi and recovery partitions...
  5. There are unallocated spaces where there should be ufi partition and recovery partitions...

There are unallocated spaces where there should be ufi partition and recovery partitions...: So I reinstalled windows as there was corruption with my previous install in disk 0 but after reinstall there are no ufi and recovery partitions...
  6. There are unallocated spaces where there should be ufi partition and recovery partitions...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.: How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous. What are the best third party tools to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-extend-drive-c-when-there-is-unallocated/4f73da4c-ca13-4d5a-8c78-fd7aa5c005b7
  8. How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.

How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.: How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous. What are the best third party tools to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-extend-drive-c-when-there-is-unallocated/4f73da4c-ca13-4d5a-8c78-fd7aa5c005b7
  9. Deleted Ubuntu partition. Now the space shows as "unallocated". Unable to create a new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Ubuntu partition. Now the space shows as "unallocated". Unable to create a new...: When I try to right click and create a "new simple volume" , I get an error that says there is not enough disk space. I also tried reinstalling Ubuntu to check if I can install again on this disk space. How can I get back this disk space/reinstall on this unallocated space?...
  10. Deleted Ubuntu partition. Now the space shows as "unallocated". Unable to create a new...

Deleted Ubuntu partition. Now the space shows as "unallocated". Unable to create a new...: When I try to right click and create a "new simple volume" , I get an error that says there is not enough disk space. I also tried reinstalling Ubuntu to check if I can install again on this disk space. How can I get back this disk space/reinstall on this unallocated space?...