Windows 10: Unallowed hard-drive space

Discus and support Unallowed hard-drive space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I have a windows 10 desktop PC, I have been using a WD My Passport HardDrive for the last 7 months to keep my games stored. A few days ago the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jamesacullen, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Unallowed hard-drive space

Hello.

I have a windows 10 desktop PC, I have been using a WD My Passport HardDrive for the last 7 months to keep my games stored. A few days ago the PC stopped picking up the hard drive. I have changed the USB port, The beeps happens, a blue light on the drive turns on, but that's it.

Unallowed hard-drive space 89e4c0e3-91bc-4050-a9d5-6337c83ade51?upload=true.png

I get the disk in the disk management but when I select the offline button it gives me a error saying the device is not ready.

Unallowed hard-drive space 62635b50-0a83-4588-8cdb-59f6b85c102c?upload=true.png

I am not quite sure how to get it back working as the drive does not appear in the This PC devices and drives area.

Please help me!

- James

:)

jamesacullen, Jul 21, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Hard Drive Space Missing

Hi,

It is possible that hard drive space was missing due to a corrupted file system. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried deleting temporary files?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from checked the hidden files?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Windows is taking up too much hard drive space.

Hi Trisha,

Windows might have been accumulated large drive space due to installed apps, temporary files, or etc. For us to identify which item mostly accumulates your drive space, we suggest that you check it here:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Storage, and then press Enter.
    • Under Local Storage, click on This
      PC (CUnallowed hard-drive space :).
    • On this window, you will see which item mot accumulate your drive space.

We also recommend that you follow the steps given on this article on how to
    free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Click on every drop down to view the steps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Unallowed hard-drive space

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

Unallowed hard-drive space

1. Unallowed hard-drive space - Similar Threads - Unallowed hard drive

2. Hard Drive space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive space: I have a 128GB SSD Windows 10 home version 22H2 Build 19045.4291 and my programs are installed on.However I am losing fee space on a daily bases, current only 7..0 GB free.Checked Windows folder and have 2 folders SoftwareDistribution 945mb and another...
  3. Hard Drive space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive space: I have a 128GB SSD Windows 10 home version 22H2 Build 19045.4291 and my programs are installed on.However I am losing fee space on a daily bases, current only 7..0 GB free.Checked Windows folder and have 2 folders SoftwareDistribution 945mb and another...
  4. Hard Drive space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Multiplayer unallowed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiplayer unallowed.: Okay, I have parental controls on and I can't turn them off. I'm not even a child, but my account says I was born in 2011. How do I change that? On a possibly unrelated note, my account settings do not let me play multiplayer games like minecraft. It always says that...
  6. Multiplayer unallowed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiplayer unallowed.: Okay, I have parental controls on and I can't turn them off. I'm not even a child, but my account says I was born in 2011. How do I change that? On a possibly unrelated note, my account settings do not let me play multiplayer games like minecraft. It always says that...
  7. Hard drive space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive space: My C: Drive is Highlighted,+but full,and i cannot add anything to it.... I have an E: Drive that shows over 931 GB of space,but it is Grey-Not highlighted...seems to be dormant....How do i activate it/add to it ? Thanks John R....
  8. Hard drive space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard drive space: I have 16 GB of unused hard drive space, yet I get an error indicating that I don't have enough harddrive space to download the upgrade. How much space is required? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-space/37e9202e-eb44-4989-bc99-1b0e6172dcee
  9. Hard drive space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive space: My computer has a 950 gig hard drive. Somehow there is about 860 gig of temporary file useage and I can not see where the space is used at even after using the temporary file clean up function....
  10. no space on hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no space on hard drive: hello, I have not much space left on hard drive but I don't know what is taking so much space please advice ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-space-on-hard-drive/5d048c6b-e63d-4b69-a5f0-a24668607148