Windows 10: Unattend.xml Auto Login Issue

Discus and support Unattend.xml Auto Login Issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have searched various forums and posted in a MDT group, but I have not received any response or found any answers. In my OOBE Settings pass, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JustinErickson3, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Unattend.xml Auto Login Issue

I have searched various forums and posted in a MDT group, but I have not received any response or found any answers. In my OOBE Settings pass, I have autologon enabled for non built-in administrator, and I have the logon count set to 2. After the PC is done installing drivers, the PC just sits at the logon screen and doesn't auto login the administrator account. I can manually click on the administrator account, and it logs in without a password. Of note, this is the same unattend file that worked on Windows 10 pro version 1709, but it has not worked since. I am currently imaging PCs with Windows 10 pro version 1903. Here is my unattend.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">
    <settings pass="generalize">
    <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <SkipRearm>0</SkipRearm>
    </component>
    </settings>
    <settings pass="specialize">
    <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State">
    <ComputerName>*</ComputerName>
    <ProductKey>OMITTED</ProductKey>
    <RegisteredOrganization>Company</RegisteredOrganization>
    <RegisteredOwner>Windows User</RegisteredOwner>
    <DoNotCleanTaskBar>true</DoNotCleanTaskBar>
    <TimeZone>Central Standard Time</TimeZone>
    </component>
    </settings>
    <settings pass="oobeSystem">
    <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <InputLocale>0409:00000409</InputLocale>
    <SystemLocale>en-US</SystemLocale>
    <UILanguage>en-US</UILanguage>
    <UserLocale>en-US</UserLocale>
    </component>
    <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <AutoLogon>
    <Password>
    <Value>OMITTED</Value>
    <PlainText>false</PlainText>
    </Password>
    <Enabled>true</Enabled>
    <LogonCount>4</LogonCount>
    <Username>GenericAdmin</Username>
    </AutoLogon>
    <Display>
    <ColorDepth>32</ColorDepth>
    <HorizontalResolution>1920</HorizontalResolution>
    <RefreshRate>60</RefreshRate>
    <VerticalResolution>1080</VerticalResolution>
    </Display>
    <OOBE>
    <HideEULAPage>true</HideEULAPage>
    <NetworkLocation>Work</NetworkLocation>
    <SkipMachineOOBE>true</SkipMachineOOBE>
    <SkipUserOOBE>true</SkipUserOOBE>
    <HideOEMRegistrationScreen>true</HideOEMRegistrationScreen>
    <HideWirelessSetupInOOBE>true</HideWirelessSetupInOOBE>
    </OOBE>
    <FirstLogonCommands>
    <SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">
    <RequiresUserInput>false</RequiresUserInput>
    <Order>2</Order>
    <CommandLine>powershell.exe -executionpolicy bypass -windowstyle hidden -file C:\DP.ps1</CommandLine>
    </SynchronousCommand>
    <SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">
    <Order>1</Order>
    <CommandLine>powershell.exe -executionpolicy bypass -windowstyle hidden -file C:\lib.ps1</CommandLine>
    <RequiresUserInput>false</RequiresUserInput>
    </SynchronousCommand>
    </FirstLogonCommands>
    </component>
    </settings>
    </unattend>

:)

JustinErickson3, Jun 5, 2019

2. Unattend xml File....

hiiii

i would like to install windows via WDS Server. How To Create Unattend .XML File in Server 2012......

Regard

Mohit

Mohit Bahirat, Jun 5, 2019
  3. joeu2004 Win User
    Win10, multiple user logins: unattended auto updates?

On a Win10 system with multiple user logins, only one of which has administrator privileges, do unattended auto updates work overnight?

Or must someone be at the keyboard to re-login if the auto update must restart the system?

Presumably, that could be done in the morning. But I would like the auto update to complete overnight, including any system restarts. In other words, the state of the system in the morning should be ready for anyone (a naïve user without administrator
    privileges) to log in and use the system unimpeded by any update "clean up".

-----

For that matter, what state must we leave the system in to permit unattended overnight for auto updates?

I presume it cannot be logged into a user that does not have administrator privileges.

But must it be logged into the user with administrator privileges? Or can it be left in the login screen, where we select the user to log in?

joeu2004, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Unattend.xml Auto Login Issue

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Unattend.xml Auto Login Issue

1. Unattend.xml Auto Login Issue - Similar Threads - Unattend xml Auto

2. Auto login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto login: Atuo loginwin 11 does not auto login did 2days ago no problem, all updated about same time, have tried all the suggestions, netplwiz, regitedit mods the lot, double check pc name in domain, workgroup,as the only person on this pc was happy when it auto log on my laptop...
  3. Auto Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Auto Login: As an administrator I have a password. My children's account don't. When they use the computer last and correctly shut down, on restart their account automatically restarts. So I have to wait for it to restart then log off then select myself and enter my password. How do...
  4. Auto Login Issues

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Auto Login Issues: Hello all, Ive been having a rough time trying to get my computer to auto login on startup. After searching through the forums I havent found an issue specifically like mine so figured Id start a new thread. I have turned off hello sign in in the sign in options, set password...
  5. Auto Login Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Login Issues: Hello all, Ive been having a rough time trying to get my computer to auto login on startup. After searching through the forums I havent found an issue specifically like mine so figured Id start a new thread. I have turned off hello sign in in the sign in options, set password...
  6. Auto Login issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Auto Login issue: When I bought the laptop it came with Win 10 preinstalled. As far as I know I've never had a password for it. It did request me to set up a pin though. The issue that i have is that I want the laptop to boot up without asking for a login. I've followed quite a lot of...
  7. Auto Login issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Login issue: When I bought the laptop it came with Win 10 preinstalled. As far as I know I've never had a password for it. It did request me to set up a pin though. The issue that i have is that I want the laptop to boot up without asking for a login. I've followed quite a lot of...
  8. (auto)unattend and Azure AD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    (auto)unattend and Azure AD: Hi, How should I configure and apply Windows System Image Manager's autounattend.xml or unattend.xml file in order to: - answer "How would you like to set up?" with "Set up for an organization" - log in with particular Microsoft 365 address? Is it even possible during...
  9. unattend xml not wiping drives / unable to create primary

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unattend xml not wiping drives / unable to create primary: I'm having an issue where the paritions are created, but something goes wrong and then I have to format the primary drive to install windows onto. It's a UEFI config, does anyone have any suggestions? 109354
  10. Windows 10 XML file generator for unattended setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 XML file generator for unattended setup: Anyone ran across a Windows 10 XML file generator for unattended setup? That Works!!!*Biggrin 5106

Users found this page by searching for:

1. password omitted unnatend.xml

2. unattend autlogon count 1 2 times

3. windows 10 autologon unattend

4. unattend.xml <AutoLogon>