Windows 10: Unattended install question

Discus and support Unattended install question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Unattended install of custom install.wim working well except for a few things. In unattend.xml, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ztruker, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Ztruker Win User

Unattended install question

Unattended install of custom install.wim working well except for a few things.
    In unattend.xml, I have <HideWirelessSetupInOOBE>true</HideWirelessSetupInOOBE> but I was still asked to connect to Wireless.

I was also asked to choose Privacy settings for my device. Is there an OOBE unattend.xml setting that controls this?

This was for a Pro install. I did not see these for a Home install.

:)

Ztruker, Aug 12, 2019

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Aug 12, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Unattended install question

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Unattended install question

1. Unattended install question - Similar Threads - Unattended install question

2. Reuse the device product key in unattended install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reuse the device product key in unattended install: I am trying to automate the reinstall of Windows 10 computer at work (if only to get rid of all the bloatware that is added by manufacturers). I have created an unautoattended.xml file following this tutorial:...
  3. Create media for automated unattended install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Create media for automated unattended install of Windows 10: Followed Kari's excellent tut - Create media for automated unattended install of Windows 10 WSIM Getting the following Answer File Validation problem: The setting has not been modified. It will not be saved to the answerfile....
  4. Unattend File

Unattend File: Hi, I'm using WDS with Unattend File to deploy Win 10 to my VMs. It works fine, but the problem is, after the installation, the VM restarts and then boots from PXE again. (Basically, it's an infinite loop of Win 10 Installation because of the restart). What options do I have...
  5. Question about adding boot critical drivers to an unattended install

Question about adding boot critical drivers to an unattended install: Let's say that I have a storage driver that I need for the successful installation of Windows. During a manual installation of Windows I know that I can manually load additional drivers. However, if I want to perform an unattended install I'm assuming that I would need to...
  6. Windows 10 V1809 Unattended Installation

Windows 10 V1809 Unattended Installation: We are using the following xml file for windows 10 unattended installation. But unable to Pass Keyboard layout selection , Privacy settings, Lets connect (network setup) settings. Could you please help us out. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> -<unattend...
  7. Question on installing.

Question on installing.: I downloaded the Windows 10 ISO. My son has an old computer he wants to put it on. Right now, all I remember its and old msi motherboard with a Q2200 cpu. The gpu is an obsolete AMD board. As soon as I can get this up and running, I hope to find all the components, upgrade...
  8. Another way of unattended PXE installation -- and it works :-)

Another way of unattended PXE installation -- and it works :-): I had a run on the preview 10240 by unattended installation. what I wanted to see is if I could create a golden image on one very old PC (HP Elitebook 6930p), sysprep it and afterwards apply that image by autoupdating the drivers to my Dell Latitude E5540 before login. The...
  9. Problems with unattended Windows 10 installation.

Problems with unattended Windows 10 installation.: I have problem to install Windows 10 with an unattended xml file. Following error message appear "No images are available." Below the text is the content of my unattended xml file. I have also attached an picture about error message. Can someone help me with this problem?...
  10. Issue with "CopyProfile" option in Unattended Install

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with "CopyProfile" option in Unattended Install: I have been creating generalized images for deployment in an enterprise scenario. In order to do so, I've installed Windows 10, booted into audit mode from the Welcome Screen, then customized Windows. After this, I can run sysprep with an unattend file (generalized mode) and...