Windows 10: Unauthorized account and connected device

Discus and support Unauthorized account and connected device in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just discovered while troubleshooting computer problems today that a Microsoft account was created for *** Email address is removed for privacy ***... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JennieJohnson3, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Unauthorized account and connected device

I just discovered while troubleshooting computer problems today that a Microsoft account was created for *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and one (or all) of my devices are connected to this account. I changed the password for the account, logged in, set up two step authentication then tried to find out the devices connected to the account (see below screenshot). While the portal indicates at least one device is connected, it did not link to the device so I could see which one(s). I need the *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Microsoft account canceled but not until any devices connected to this account are disconnected. This is a critical security issue. What should I do.

:)

JennieJohnson3, Sep 9, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 9, 2018
  4. MT Alex Win User

Unauthorized account and connected device

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

Embarrassingly, everyone on my email list received spam originating from my account, which is Yahoo based. A scan with MSE found two trojans, a Java/Rowindal.A and a Downloader:Java/OpenStream.W.

Are these the source of my unwanted email traffic? Would someone opening this email be infected with the same problems? Could there be more dangerous underlying threats.

Hell, I have quite a few high dollar clients in my list. I always treat people's addresses like they were unlisted numbers, and don't send frivolous "Hey how are ya" junk. This is mortifying.*Eek! Unauthorized account and connected device :eek:

MT Alex, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Unauthorized account and connected device

1. Unauthorized account and connected device - Similar Threads - Unauthorized account connected

2. Microsoft account rewards bought unauthorized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account rewards bought unauthorized: Hello, today I saw that someone bought 200$ worth of microsoft rewards on my account. I do not use my microsoft account and made one purchase last year. I changed my security details and removed my card on it. What should I do next besides contacting my bank and to my...
  3. Microsoft account rewards bought unauthorized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account rewards bought unauthorized: Hello, today I saw that someone bought 200$ worth of microsoft rewards on my account. I do not use my microsoft account and made one purchase last year. I changed my security details and removed my card on it. What should I do next besides contacting my bank and to my...
  4. Unauthorized control connections to my laptop. Also unauthorized and unlicensed windows 11...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unauthorized control connections to my laptop. Also unauthorized and unlicensed windows 11...: My laptop and phone are being controlled by an unauthorized third party. It's as though my OS for both have been cloned. I took it in to be 'repaired' nd got it back with an unlicensed windows 11 and too many days had passed for me to uninstall.They some how have group policy...
  5. Unauthorized control connections to my laptop. Also unauthorized and unlicensed windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unauthorized control connections to my laptop. Also unauthorized and unlicensed windows 11...: My laptop and phone are being controlled by an unauthorized third party. It's as though my OS for both have been cloned. I took it in to be 'repaired' nd got it back with an unlicensed windows 11 and too many days had passed for me to uninstall.They some how have group policy...
  6. Unauthorized control connections to my laptop. Also unauthorized and unlicensed windows 11...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Unauthorized device in the network section of windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unauthorized device in the network section of windows: Hi,Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but it's a good start.Periodically a device appears in my network section in the windows explorer, under the category "monitors". I do not recognize this device, nor am I able to get any info from it by ways of windows.I have...
  8. unauthorized devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unauthorized devices: I found a device that is not mine listed under my devices. Will not let me lock it and the last known place shown is somewhere in India. How do I delete this device if I don't have control over that device. When I try to lock it, it said network problems try again. Help...
  9. Cortana and Connected Home Insteon: It looks like your device is unauthorized

in Cortana
    Cortana and Connected Home Insteon: It looks like your device is unauthorized: I've been using Cortana on Windows 10 devices, Android phones, and Invoke Speakers to control my Insteon smart home switches for years and it's always worked great. However, for the last couple of weeks when asking Cortana to do a smart home command I'll get a "it looks like...
  10. Remove unauthorized work or school account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove unauthorized work or school account: I am a single consumer user on Windows 10 Pro platform. I subscribe to Office 365 Personal, with a version on my laptop and Android. In Windows settings, System, Shared Experiences it states I have given access to a "Work or school account." I have no work or school account....