Windows 10: "Unauthorized changes blocked"

Discus and support "Unauthorized changes blocked" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I keep getting the following message from Windows Defender on a regular basis even when I'm not trying to make any changes: " Virus & threat... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Caritas, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Caritas Win User

"Unauthorized changes blocked"

I keep getting the following message from Windows Defender on a regular basis even when I'm not trying to make any changes: " Virus & threat protection.... unauthorized changes blocked" (eg: "C:\Program F...\chrome.exe"). I have checked the antivirus settings and all categories say: "No action needed". I have run every available troubleshooter on my HP Notebook which runs Windows 10 Home 64 bit. I have switched between Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome, but that doesn't seem to affect these messages. How can I stop these notifications? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

:)

Caritas, Jan 17, 2019
  2. the jimmy Win User

Unauthorized changes blocked

Using an older program, Paint Shop Pro 7, trying to save a photo to a new location such as the desktop or a library I am not allowed, and get this message.

I am trying to save this file yet the message seems to suggest I am searching for it!

"Unauthorized changes blocked" [​IMG]

the jimmy, Jan 17, 2019
  3. the jimmy Win User

Thanks for the response Josey Wales, I did try running under XP SP2 and Win7 since it worked on W7 as expected.
    I also receive this message while trying to save, as well even from other programs such as Quickbooks 2017

"Unauthorized changes blocked" [​IMG]

the jimmy, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Amma904 Win User

Windows 10 Home - "Unauthorized changes blocked"

I'm using Windows 10 x64 Home on an HP laptop - Suddenly, I can no longer download photos from my SD card using the port on my laptop and my Photoshop Elements 15 - I get the following messages:

Controlled Folder Access blocked C:\...\PhotoDownloader...from making changes to the folder %userprofil...\$test$

Or:

Controlled Folder Access blocked C:\...\PhotoshopElement...from making changes to the folder %userprofile%\Documents

I want to use Photoshop in order to rename each photo as I download and I'm afraid this is completely blocking my use of Photoshop at all

I'm not computer literate so any help you can give needs to be in detailed, step by step format.

Thank you for any help you can offer

<Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage>

Amma904, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

1. "Unauthorized changes blocked" - Similar Threads - Unauthorized changes blocked

2. Notification received: 'Unauthorized changes blocked.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notification received: 'Unauthorized changes blocked.: ;Controlled Folder Access Blocked. C:WindowsTemp...DST.exe' from making changes to memory.Can someone please translate this message into plain English for me. I have no idea what this message refers to. Desktop, Windows 10, 21H1, 0s 19043.1348, Edge Browser 96.0.1054.53...
  3. Windows Security : Unauthorized changes block

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security : Unauthorized changes block: Why is it that frequently I get the following notification on my PC:Windows SecurityVirus & Threat ProtectionUnauthorized changes blockedControlled Folder access blocked C\Windows\....\svchost.exe from making changes to memory. What is the svchost.exe execution file? I have...
  4. Windows Defender unauthorized changes blocked

Windows Defender unauthorized changes blocked: Windows Defender unauthorized changes blocked: Controlled folder access blocked C:\Program ... \soffice.bin from making changes to the folder %userprofile%\Documents Appears to be trying to perform a "save as" when I am actually trying to save a new file or changes I...
  5. Unauthorized changes blocked:

Unauthorized changes blocked:: Keep getting "unauthorized changes blocked control folder access blocked C:windows/rundll.32.exefrom making changes to user file/favorites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unauthorized-changes-blocked/5de506bd-7ea5-471d-a9c0-9df67a5bc0fd
  6. Frustration with continual "Unauthorized Changes Blocked"

Frustration with continual "Unauthorized Changes Blocked": I'm trying to update my Sonos sound system software and the update stops mid-way through and I get the above notification message: "Controlled folder access blocked c:\...|SonosLibraryServ... from making changes to the folder %userprofile" I've gone into Virus & Threat...
  7. Unauthorized changes blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unauthorized changes blocked: I'm getting a repetitious notification stating: Controlled folder access blocked <C:\Windows\WmiPrvSE.exe> from making changes to memory... Is this a relevant concern and how would I block this, or stop this notification from reoccurrence?...
  8. Unauthorized Changes Blocked

Unauthorized Changes Blocked: I opened a post a few weeks ago, and my questions were not answered, so I am opening a new post: The following message briefly pops up several times, then stops for a while, then pops up again: "Virus and threat protection Unauthorized Changes Blocked Controlled Folder...
  9. Unauthorized changes blocked

Unauthorized changes blocked: Just recently after my NVIDIA informed me there was an update which I installed I started getting messages "Unauthorized changes blocked" A typical message reads Controlled access folder blocked C*Tonguerogram\ nvcontainer.exe from making changes to the folder...
  10. Unauthorized changes blocked

Unauthorized changes blocked: Using an older program, Paint Shop Pro 7, trying to save a photo to a new location such as the desktop or a library I am not allowed, and get this message. I am trying to save this file yet the message seems to suggest I am searching for it! [img] 101886

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virus and protecion files unauthorised changes blocked is this ok

2. unauthorized changes blocked

3. keep getting unauthorized changes blocked on windows 10

4. always getting Unauthorized Changes Blocked