Windows 10: unauthorized remote access, how do I find the program & then stop it?

Discus and support unauthorized remote access, how do I find the program & then stop it? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi guys a friend of mine recently let a guy into her system from 'Microsoft' (yeah I know Ive told her many times !) anyway he's obviously installed... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by shawie60, Sep 27, 2019.

1. shawie60 Win User

unauthorized remote access, how do I find the program & then stop it?

Hi guys a friend of mine recently let a guy into her system from 'Microsoft' (yeah I know Ive told her many times !) anyway he's obviously installed something so he can log on and do what he likes. (she thought it was teamviewer but I cant find any reference to that) I have anydesk on so I can help her.
    He locked her out of her account but I sorted that. Ive run the proprietory virus scanners both online and offline, and removed a few bits but nothing that would allow login. Ive checked the event security logs and found when he got in but so far I haven't come across the program/culprit is there a better easier/way to do this or program to help?
    Ive run a network scanner/task manager in case he logged in again and I could see whats happening but that's not happened .. she has windows 10 Home v1903
    any advice appreciated

:)

shawie60, Sep 27, 2019

2. log of remote unauthorized access

where is the log of remote unauthorized access attempts?

JDArmstrong, Sep 27, 2019
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Sep 27, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Remote access

Hi zabby937

Did you allow those Tech Support scammers to have Remote Access to your PC, they would have asked you to allow that?

Once you have turned off Remote Access, they can no longer access your PC.

Open Control Panel - Programs and Features, order that list by Date Installed

Check for any software installed on that date, like TeamViewer or LogMeIn, if you find any remoting application like those, uninstall it

Other than that, you have taken all the right steps and your PC will be fine, you do not need to worry about this further . .

DaveM121, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

1. unauthorized remote access, how do I find the program & then stop it? - Similar Threads - unauthorized remote access

2. I need to know how to report unauthorized access from unauthorized IPs from unauthorized...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need to know how to report unauthorized access from unauthorized IPs from unauthorized...: Hello,I need to know how to report unauthorized access from unauthorized IPs from unauthorized geographical locations into my personal Microsoft Account to MICROSOFT and have Microsoft INVESTIGATE.My Microsoft Account has been breached. This is NOT due to any failure on my...
  3. How do I find this program that's running on startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I find this program that's running on startup?: I found this on startup, but I don't remember installing it. https://i.imgur.com/D353XMO.png I'd like to uninstall it, but it doesn't show up on programs and I can't find its location. I could disable it on startup, but I want to know where it is so I can uninstall....
  4. How Do I Find The Person Who Has Remote Access To My Computer?

How Do I Find The Person Who Has Remote Access To My Computer?: I get the feeling that someone is reconfiguring software on my computer because it does not act correctly. Now, I have searched in Network Discovery for years to see why this was going on and I have sought Tech help, reset my computer more then enough to know that this is...
  5. How do I set up Remote Access?

How do I set up Remote Access?: My boss has two high-performance towers set up at his place and I want to work remotely & securely from my laptop. We already have few Win10 pro licenses available, so this won't be a problem. He can also provide me with a VPN service. I've been searching on reddit and...
  6. How do I find Programs files

How do I find Programs files: Obviously I can search my files directory, but doesn't seem to work. I can also right click the program and "Open file location," but that doesn't show me all the files are on my PC. I'am really good with computers and good with Apples filing system, but have been having...
  7. How do I run a program with administrative access remotely when the user logged in does not...

How do I run a program with administrative access remotely when the user logged in does not...: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are all now working from home. However our users do not have admin access. Some need to install their home printers and need remote assistance with admin rights to fix their issues. Teams - does not show the admin login credentials Quick...
  8. how do I stop remote access and installation of hidden network access?

how do I stop remote access and installation of hidden network access?: how I stop remote access to my computer by a hidden network and how to I remove this threat, how do I keep my computer safer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-remote-access-and-installation-of/c0d83587-b2a3-408d-93fe-2c47715ad3bb
  9. how do I find the All programs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I find the All programs: where is all programs are https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-the-all-programs/f7471dd6-337a-4f11-8725-d25e3221845e
  10. log of remote unauthorized access

log of remote unauthorized access: where is the log of remote unauthorized access attempts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/log-of-remote-unauthorized-access/f591f6bc-986c-43c6-a6f7-712342d4d208"