Windows 10: unauthorized updates

Discus and support unauthorized updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the 27DEC19 update which never asked me if I wanted to do it boot-up still goes to the blue screen/minimal icons and doesn't error my login even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DaveFaust0, Jan 1, 2020.

1. unauthorized updates

After the 27DEC19 update which never asked me if I wanted to do it boot-up still goes to the blue screen/minimal icons and doesn't error my login even though it doesn't say that I can't save stuff, that comes later, and my folders are inaccessible. How do I boot-up to be able to use my folders?

:)

DaveFaust0, Jan 1, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond unauthorized updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 1, 2020
  3. the jimmy Win User
    Unauthorized changes blocked

Using an older program, Paint Shop Pro 7, trying to save a photo to a new location such as the desktop or a library I am not allowed, and get this message.

I am trying to save this file yet the message seems to suggest I am searching for it!

unauthorized updates [​IMG]

the jimmy, Jan 1, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

unauthorized updates

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

unauthorized updates

1. unauthorized updates - Similar Threads - unauthorized updates

2. Unauthorized Windows 11 Downgrade. How do I get win10 back after 10 days?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unauthorized Windows 11 Downgrade. How do I get win10 back after 10 days?: Windows 11 is installed on one of my machines without my permission. It has over 10 days. How do I roll this back to the superior Windows 10 w/o doing a full reinstall?Thank you a million MS for making this a total pain in the ****....
  3. Unauthorized Windows 11 Downgrade. How do I get win10 back after 10 days?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unauthorized Windows 11 Downgrade. How do I get win10 back after 10 days?: Windows 11 is installed on one of my machines without my permission. It has over 10 days. How do I roll this back to the superior Windows 10 w/o doing a full reinstall?Thank you a million MS for making this a total pain in the ****....
  4. Unauthorized win10 update just ran itself

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unauthorized win10 update just ran itself: just rebooted and saw UNAUTHORIZED update restart. running OSbuild 19043.985 -19043.867 thankfully everything installed OK, but then when I checked, the HISTORY screen on Win Update SHOWS NO RECENT UPDATE Anyone Else? This is Fn MADNESS 180639
  5. Unauthorized Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unauthorized Windows 10 Update: Windows 10 just forced an update on me. I had updates postponed for a while and have been using the hibernate option on my computer. As usual, just before I went to bed for the night, I clicked the 'Hibernate" option in the power menu. As I watched to make sure it went into...
  6. Unauthorized changes blocked on windows 10 notification pops up after Office updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unauthorized changes blocked on windows 10 notification pops up after Office updates: Every time My Office365 gets updates, those updates completes but the "unauthorized changes blocked..." notification pops up for svrhost, msword, etc. How do I tell Microsoft to trust Microsoft ? Follow up questions: No, I haven't changed anything specifically to have...
  7. Unauthorized W10 update bricked laptop

Unauthorized W10 update bricked laptop: Apparently Microsoft tried to update my laptop from 7 to 10 without any agreement from me (I even had auto updates turned off). Now the computer does nothing but display the words below on the screen. 'Reboot and select proper Boot device and press any key' Any help?...
  8. Loosing $ over windows unauthorized updates. How to restrict WIndows 10 Operating System...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Loosing $ over windows unauthorized updates. How to restrict WIndows 10 Operating System...: Hello there guys. This is illegal, it has to be. I don't want windows 10 doing anything against my will, period. I disabled Windows Updates via services.msc... Suddently, windows is installing an update on my computer! I disabled Windows Defender via Services.msc,...
  9. Windows 10 April 2018 Update - unneeded, unhelpful, and unauthorized changes

Windows 10 April 2018 Update - unneeded, unhelpful, and unauthorized changes: Where does Microsoft get off changing my desktop as part of an update? Windows 10 April 2018 Update removed the picture I used for my desktop, not just changed it, removed it. I had to browse and find it again to put it back. In addition, the update added shortcuts to my...
  10. Windows 10 April 2018 Update makes unneeded and unauthorized changes

Windows 10 April 2018 Update makes unneeded and unauthorized changes: Where does Microsoft get off changing my desktop as part of an update? Windows 10 April 2018 Update removed the picture I used for my desktop, not just changed it, removed it. I had to browse and find it again to put it back. In addition, the update added shortcuts to my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. paintshop pro protected memory access