Windows 10: Unauthorized use of my email address

Discus and support Unauthorized use of my email address in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I received this email from a friend: Just a heads up that your email address was recently used to automatically and maliciously send an email with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Warrior-2, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Warrior-2 Win User

Unauthorized use of my email address

I received this email from a friend:

Just a heads up that your email address was recently used to automatically and maliciously send an email with a web link to a malware website. It looks like it may have gone to multiple undisclosed recipients.

What do I do now?

:)

Warrior-2, Mar 6, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Mar 6, 2019
  3. MT Alex Win User

Embarrassingly, everyone on my email list received spam originating from my account, which is Yahoo based. A scan with MSE found two trojans, a Java/Rowindal.A and a Downloader:Java/OpenStream.W.

Are these the source of my unwanted email traffic? Would someone opening this email be infected with the same problems? Could there be more dangerous underlying threats.

Hell, I have quite a few high dollar clients in my list. I always treat people's addresses like they were unlisted numbers, and don't send frivolous "Hey how are ya" junk. This is mortifying.*Eek! Unauthorized use of my email address :eek:

MT Alex, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Unauthorized use of my email address

1. Change your password.
    2. Change to Gmail.

TheMailMan78, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

Unauthorized use of my email address

1. Unauthorized use of my email address - Similar Threads - Unauthorized email address

2. Someone is using my email address?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone is using my email address?!: I used to have an account with Microsoft, but when I try to log-in it appears that someone is using my email address with their account. It says it is being used with another Microsoft account, which makes no sense. I see the first two letters of the username, but it's...
  3. Someone is using my email address?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Someone is using my email address?!: I used to have an account with Microsoft, but when I try to log-in it appears that someone is using my email address with their account. It says it is being used with another Microsoft account, which makes no sense. I see the first two letters of the username, but it's...
  4. My old email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and new email *** Email address...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My old email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and new email *** Email address...: my old email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and new email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** can you merge them? * Moved from Community Center...
  5. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** - Fix my email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    *** Email address is removed for privacy *** - Fix my email address: Fix my email address * Moved from Community Center* Original title: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address-is-removed-for-privacy-fix-my-email/b64d8682-6984-4648-99db-6f288f781002
  6. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** - Fix my email address

*** Email address is removed for privacy *** - Fix my email address: Fix my email address * Moved from Community Center* Original title: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address-is-removed-for-privacy-fix-my-email/b64d8682-6984-4648-99db-6f288f781002
  7. Someone is using my email address.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone is using my email address.: Someone is using my email address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/someone-is-using-my-email-address/fe811341-8930-40c1-928c-7e083447756a
  8. Someone is using my email address.

Someone is using my email address.: Someone is using my email address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/someone-is-using-my-email-address/fe811341-8930-40c1-928c-7e083447756a
  9. Email Alias address already in use

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Email Alias address already in use: My windows account shows my old email address which I would like to change. Seems like I have 2 accounts Passport & Email. How can I update my email address to show only one? Thank you...
  10. Possible scam using my email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible scam using my email address: Has anybody else been getting threats through their email saying that someone has hacked your system and knows your password, knows what you have been doing on your computer and the person is asking for money or they will send everything that they have to all my contacts?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unauthorised sharing of email addresss