Windows 10: Unauthorized user has installed OS on my computer & taken control...but is being "nice"...

Discus and support Unauthorized user has installed OS on my computer & taken control...but is being "nice"... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just reinstalled Win 10 after a complete data wipe and an unauthorized user has already taken control. They have saved my installation and installed... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PeteTUD, Oct 1, 2020.

1. PeteTUD Win User

Unauthorized user has installed OS on my computer & taken control...but is being "nice"...

I just reinstalled Win 10 after a complete data wipe and an unauthorized user has already taken control. They have saved my installation and installed a complete build of Windows 10 and appear to be content just leaving it there for me! It's a nice build I think from Kodi, fully automated it seems with event handling, etc How do I get rid of this unauthorized users? It seems like they are trying to help me but that is a rather odd way! Im a newbie to windows and networking, etc. Ive discovered ways they are gaining access remote network adapters, ie.

Just dont know where to start but tried command prompt to remove users, get error. I can inactivate them but not remove. Help please!

:)

PeteTUD, Oct 1, 2020

2. Unable to Turn On User Account Control

Hi Nicky,

User Account Control (UAC) is a feature that was designed to prevent unauthorized changes to your computer. For us to isolate the issue, we suggest
    that you follow these steps to enable the User Account Control (UAC):

• Click on Start.
    • Type Control Panel, and then press Enter.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on Security and Maintenance.
    • On the left pane, click on Change User Account Control settings.
    • The Slider should be set to the 3rd option from the bottom.
    • Click on OK button.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Oct 1, 2020
  3. User Account Control

Hello Ridho,

To enable the User Account Control (UAC) on Windows 10, please follow these steps:

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • Choose between two options to enable UAC:
      • Notify when apps try to make changes to your computer.
      • Always notify when installing or making any changes to your computer.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Yes or enter your password to finalize the change.
    Steps to disable User Account Control (UAC).

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • Click Yes or enter your password.
    • Set the settings to Never notify.
    • Click OK to save the settings.
    Regards.

Devlin Sco, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Unauthorized user has installed OS on my computer & taken control...but is being "nice"...

Win 10 Pro User Account Control window pos up every 30 minutes.

Hi,

The issue that you are experiencing with the User Account Control pop-ups can occur if a software is constantly trying to make changes on your computer. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you recently install a new program on your computer?
    • What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Unauthorized user has installed OS on my computer & taken control...but is being "nice"...

1. Unauthorized user has installed OS on my computer & taken control...but is being "nice"... - Similar Threads - Unauthorized user has

2. Why has Microsoft Edge taken over my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why has Microsoft Edge taken over my computer?: I turned on my desktop yesterday and found a totally different look. All the icons were missing, and they were replaced by several large boxes. I tried to go to programs, but those are missing. I finally found something on the left side of the screen that took me to apps....
  3. Someone I know has taken control of all administrator accounts and taken away my admin rights.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Someone I know has taken control of all administrator accounts and taken away my admin rights.: When I try access the hidden administrator account, only mine and their accounts show up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/someone-i-know-has-taken-control-of-all/437f5891-7843-4f04-b848-f28b1af92dbb"
  4. Disable Unauthorized User Login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable Unauthorized User Login: I recently did contract work for a company that basically hijacked my PC. Although I've deleted them everywhere I can locate them, their logins keep re-appearing. Re-appearing in my work account, on my desktop, and showing in my Microsoft activity as successfully logging in....
  5. Keeping computers and data safe from unauthorized users

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Keeping computers and data safe from unauthorized users: [ATTACH] Join the discussion… [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] − [ATTACH] pieceagle • 3 months ago I am going to try legal to see if they know a good hacker that can find this person because I dont want anybodies life destroyed, − [ATTACH] John...
  6. Strange backups being taken on one of my laptops

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Strange backups being taken on one of my laptops: A few weeks back, I first noticed the presence of an unfamiliar directory on this laptop. It is called STG-Backups and is situated within my Downloads directory. I didn't recall ever creating such a directory or starting a program of backups - I keep procrastinating on that -...
  7. Strange backups being taken on one of my laptops

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange backups being taken on one of my laptops: A few weeks back, I first noticed the presence of an unfamiliar directory on this laptop. It is called STG-Backups and is situated within my Downloads directory. I didn't recall ever creating such a directory or starting a program of backups - I keep procrastinating on that -...
  8. No control in windows, real nice

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No control in windows, real nice: My computer is acting up, no idea why, open task manager and for some unknown reasoning the most useless and dumbest features of windows are spiking in CPU, ie explorer, runtime broker, Cortana, windows search, windows backup, service host (many of them), CTF loader,...
  9. User Account Control Being a Pain in the @$$!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account Control Being a Pain in the @$$!: So recently i was trying to get a Custom "bootres.dll" and in the process i f'ed up a little and now i can't run a single thing as administrator. [img] What i did was i used a "netplwiz" like command in cmd_prompt which opens up the settings to modify a User's control.And...
  10. Have Microsoft taken control of all of our Computers ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Have Microsoft taken control of all of our Computers ?: Have Microsoft taken control of all of our Computers ? I have tried this, and I have tried that, yet Microsoft seem determined to make it impossible for me to stop their downloads. I have tried using the various settings in W10 Pro Aniversary, at least I think that I have...