Windows 10: Unauthorized users "Passed security challenge for password reset step 1 of 2"

Discus and support Unauthorized users "Passed security challenge for password reset step 1 of 2" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I noticed under recent sign in activity on my account I had unknown users try to sign in and it said that they "Passed security challenge for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by iTand, May 30, 2019.

1. iTand Win User

Unauthorized users "Passed security challenge for password reset step 1 of 2"

Hello, I noticed under recent sign in activity on my account I had unknown users try to sign in and it said that they "Passed security challenge for password reset step 1 of 2". I already change my password and have 2 step verification. But what does that mean?

:)

iTand, May 30, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, May 30, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Bioware warning users about unauthorized access

We recently learned that hackers gained unauthorized access to the decade-old BioWare server system supporting the Neverwinter Nights forums. We immediately took appropriate steps to protect our consumers’ data and launched a thorough ongoing evaluation of the breach. We have determined that no credit card data was compromised from the servers, nor did we ever have or store sensitive data like social security numbers. Our investigation shows that information such as user names, encrypted passwords, email addresses, mailing addresses, names, phone numbers, CD keys and birth dates from these forum accounts on the system may have been compromised, as well as other information (if any) that you may have associated with your EA Account. In an abundance of caution, we have changed your password to ensure account security. Please visit this https://www.ea.com/us/profile/reset...QYRiO_WNBFvAzrrDSeqgsfJgaOjMYg..&locale=en_US to reset your password immediately.

If your link has expired, click here to generate a new email.

We take the security of your information very seriously and regret any inconvenience this may have caused you. If your username, email address and/or password on your EA account are similar to those you use on other sites, we recommend changing the password at those sites as well. We advise all of our fans to always be aware of any suspicious emails or account activity and report any suspicious emails and account activity to Customer Support at 1-877-357-6007.

If you have questions, please visit our FAQ at http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5367/ or contact Customer Support at the phone number above.

Aaryn Flynn
    Studio GM, BioWare Edmonton
    VP, Electronic Arts

AsRock, May 30, 2019
  4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, May 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Unauthorized users "Passed security challenge for password reset step 1 of 2" - Similar Threads - Unauthorized users Passed

2. Reset password on Windows Security

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reset password on Windows Security: Hi, I need to reset my password for Windows Security as it has expired and when I try to connect to a VPN server, my network credentials are not recognised. Can you please advise how to reset my password? Thansks in advance....
  3. 2 User accounts but 1 has no folder in Users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    2 User accounts but 1 has no folder in Users: Created another user account, called Mac, also an admin, in case I need it. In User Accounts when I click on 'manage another account' it then shows 2nd account, Mac. But under C:\Users there is only main Dave folder and Public. Why would there be no folder for Mac? Can't...
  4. 2 User accounts but 1 has no folder in Users

in Windows 10 Support
    2 User accounts but 1 has no folder in Users: Created another user account, called Mac, also an admin, in case I need it. In User Accounts when I click on 'manage another account' it then shows 2nd account, Mac. But under C:\Users there is only main Dave folder and Public. Why would there be no folder for Mac? Can't...
  5. Disable Unauthorized User Login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable Unauthorized User Login: I recently did contract work for a company that basically hijacked my PC. Although I've deleted them everywhere I can locate them, their logins keep re-appearing. Re-appearing in my work account, on my desktop, and showing in my Microsoft activity as successfully logging in....
  6. User Account Password Reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Password Reset: I forgot my user account password on my laptop (I am the admin), and was just wondering how I can reset it or log in to change it using a free method and without resetting windows....
  7. Resetting Admin user name and password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resetting Admin user name and password: Hi all, my son took over my computer when he went to college; it's been over two years since I've had to use the admin information to use setup.exe that I've forgotten the password to access it. When I try to leave the password blank and hit yes or no, it brings me right...
  8. How to set up no pass login for 2 accounts on 1 computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to set up no pass login for 2 accounts on 1 computer: Hi, A couple days ago I did the upgrade to windows 10 from 7 for my parents on their computer. The way it was set up in Win 7, after startup you would see a screen with their 2 profile pics and it was easy to just click one and log in. Neither had a password to enter....
  9. Logon Screen shows 2 users but there is only 1 user

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon Screen shows 2 users but there is only 1 user: On a friends laptop which was given to him, on the startup/logon screen he sees 2 names. His own and the previous owner. He said he deleted the user account for the previous owner and if I go to users, it only shows him as the sole user as administrator. If I use the...
  10. 2 users, 1 pc: multiseat setup

in Windows 10 Support
    2 users, 1 pc: multiseat setup: Hi, My PC is used for everything. Games, videos etc. Games, not FPS, just lego games, Trine, Magicka. The GPU is more than capable. My wife currently uses her laptop for everything else. However all games are played with me on my PC. Her laptop is a Toshiba 17" which I...