Windows 10: Unauthorized W10 update bricked laptop

Discus and support Unauthorized W10 update bricked laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Apparently Microsoft tried to update my laptop from 7 to 10 without any agreement from me (I even had auto updates turned off). Now the computer does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ET_107, Sep 29, 2018.

1. ET_107 Win User

Unauthorized W10 update bricked laptop

Apparently Microsoft tried to update my laptop from 7 to 10 without any agreement from me (I even had auto updates turned off). Now the computer does nothing but display the words below on the screen.

'Reboot and select proper Boot device and press any key'

Any help?

:)

ET_107, Sep 29, 2018

2. BIOS update bricks laptop

I love these titles never hung out at a forum but, BIOS update bricks laptop!!! Suddenly your a lap top computer expert

jaggerwild, Sep 29, 2018
  3. R-T-B Win User
    BIOS update bricks laptop

I know this is going to blow your mind, but I've had bios bricks and I do laptop refurbs for a living. It happens... Particularly when the flash program is windows only and drivers are amuck.

R-T-B, Sep 29, 2018
  4. Unauthorized W10 update bricked laptop

BIOS update bricks laptop

Hey everyone,

Last night I wanted to update my bios which lead to the laptop bricking and wouldn't turn off until the battery finally died. I tried plugging it in afterwards but the laptop would neither charge nor turn on. I tried every trick in the book, but the laptop would not charge or turn on. Nothing. I read online that this could be due to a corrupt bios chip. I want to replace it, but considering the laptop won't turn on at all, does this also mean the motherboard is damaged? I read online that the motherboard cannot be ruined from a bad bios update so I'm hoping I just need to replace the bios chip as it is a cheaper solution than replacing the entire board. Can anyone recommend what to do? Any advice would be really really helpful. Thanks.

NoviceGamer, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

Unauthorized W10 update bricked laptop

1. Unauthorized W10 update bricked laptop - Similar Threads - Unauthorized W10 update

2. Windows update bricked my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update bricked my laptop.: I was working on my laptop - Acer Aspire 7 A715-42G which was running on Windows 11. I got a pop up that asked me if I wanted to update now or update later. I clicked on later. Took a break of 15 mins and closed the lid of my laptop. When I came back, and checked it, there...
  3. Windows update bricked my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update bricked my laptop.: I was working on my laptop - Acer Aspire 7 A715-42G which was running on Windows 11. I got a pop up that asked me if I wanted to update now or update later. I clicked on later. Took a break of 15 mins and closed the lid of my laptop. When I came back, and checked it, there...
  4. A windows update brick my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A windows update brick my laptop: After I got a windows update my laptop does not work anymoreI boot my laptop and welcome screen come up normally but black screen with loading circle appear and disappearePower button and password bar is also not showing and control-alt-delete is not doing anything...
  5. A windows update brick my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A windows update brick my laptop: After I got a windows update my laptop does not work anymoreI boot my laptop and welcome screen come up normally but black screen with loading circle appear and disappearePower button and password bar is also not showing and control-alt-delete is not doing anything...
  6. Update of a Brick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update of a Brick: Old timer here- HELP? The brick is a fanlees ACEPC with limited EMMC (slow) memory -Not enough room to update from Windows Version 1909 . I have an SSD installed . 1) Can I move ,copy, or install latest home version on the SSD & trigger machine to start from there? 2) Will...
  7. Update bricked laptop

Update bricked laptop: Lenovo x1 running Windows 10 Pro. There was an Office update. After restarting, my laptop went into endless automatic repair loop. Uninstall recent updates didn't work. Multiple restore points failed. Unable to repair by cloud or by USB. How can I get a working PC without...
  8. unauthorized updates

unauthorized updates: After the 27DEC19 update which never asked me if I wanted to do it boot-up still goes to the blue screen/minimal icons and doesn't error my login even though it doesn't say that I can't save stuff, that comes later, and my folders are inaccessible. How do I boot-up to be...
  9. Laptop bricked it's windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop bricked it's windows: I have a Lenovo Z70 laptop and it blue screened on boot. Now it takes about 30 mins to boot to desktop and doesn't respond to any input. I tried recovering windows from usb but it did nothing. The error code it throws at me is 0xc0000185 I haven't linked this laptop to...
  10. Bricked Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Bricked Laptop: Hello, Been trying all kinds of things to get this laptop stable again. Originally came with Win8; upgraded to Win10. Unit bricked on me during an update. I've run command line Svc/scannow; chkdsk; both came back negative. Did last two restore points - latest, then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. w10 jan 2019 bricked