Windows 10: Unavailable sign in options

Discus and support Unavailable sign in options in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This screenshot shows that I am unavailable to change my sign in settings and add fingerprints and change my pin. This seems odd since I was able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SawyerRemillard, May 5, 2021.

1. Unavailable sign in options

This screenshot shows that I am unavailable to change my sign in settings and add fingerprints and change my pin. This seems odd since I was able to change these just yesterday. Please help

:)

SawyerRemillard, May 5, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows Hello Face Sign In Option Unavailable

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Face and PIN on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?

You may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

Reset Windows Hello Biometric Database:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open Run dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on OK.
    3. Look for Windows Biometric Service, double click on it and click on Stop.
    4. Now, go to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase, take a backup of all the files inside the WinBioDatabase folder.
    5. After taking a backup of the files, delete all the files.
    6. Now, open Services by following step 1 and 2, and restart the Windows Biometric Service.
    7. Go to Start >> Settings >> Accounts >> Sign-in options and register the Face data again.

You may want to refer the suggestions provided by EddyK
    replied on ‎03-29-2020 in the thread
    Windows sign-in options "currently unavailable"

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 5, 2021
  3. loftus49 Win User
    Win10/HP Pavillion - PIN "unavailable"

Using Win10 on an HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop

PIN went away. Now when I go into create a PIN I get "Something went wrong. Try again later". The step prior is: Start.>Settings>Accounts>Sign in Options>Windows Hello PIN and it reads "This options is currently unavailable - click to learn more". I
    followed the steps suggested, but they don't work

Suggestions?.

loftus49, May 5, 2021
  4. Urbklr Win User

Unavailable sign in options

SWTOR Beta Sign-Up!

I was going to the next step, and it loaded the unavailable page *Frown Unavailable sign in options :(

Urbklr, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Unavailable sign in options

1. Unavailable sign in options - Similar Threads - Unavailable sign options

2. Sign in options unavailable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in options unavailable?: I went into my sign-in options in settings and found that under facial recognition, fingerprint recognition, and pin it says "this option is currently unavailable." Underneath there is an exclamation mark with "something went wrong. Try again later." Also all the options to...
  3. Sign in options unavailable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in options unavailable?: I went into my sign-in options in settings and found that under facial recognition, fingerprint recognition, and pin it says "this option is currently unavailable." Underneath there is an exclamation mark with "something went wrong. Try again later." Also all the options to...
  4. Sign in Options are unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in Options are unavailable: For a few months now I have been unable to use any sign-in option other than facial recognition and my pin. At first, it didn't bother me because I didn't really need any other option but now I can't use my biometric scan and I can't change my pin if I want to. I am currently...
  5. Sign in Options are unavailable

Sign in Options are unavailable: For a few months now I have been unable to use any sign-in option other than facial recognition and my pin. At first, it didn't bother me because I didn't really need any other option but now I can't use my biometric scan and I can't change my pin if I want to. I am currently...
  6. Unavailable sign-in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unavailable sign-in options: Is there any way to fix these unavailable sign-in options like Facial Recognition, Fingerprint Recognition and PIN? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unavailable-sign-in-options/3ca88f0d-6d92-47de-86d0-61374835937e
  7. Unavailable sign-in options

Unavailable sign-in options: Is there any way to fix these unavailable sign-in options like Facial Recognition, Fingerprint Recognition and PIN? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unavailable-sign-in-options/3ca88f0d-6d92-47de-86d0-61374835937e
  8. Sign-In Options unavailable

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign-In Options unavailable: Hello,I recently purchased my Dell laptop computer with Windows 10. Installation was smooth and I was able to set up my fingerprint and PIN sign-in options. However, I realized that I wanted to change the finger I used for fingerprinting and revise my PIN. When I went to the...
  9. Sign in options unavailable

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign in options unavailable: HelloI am trying to change my PIN but when I go to sign in options it says Windows Hello Pin feature I currently unavailable. Right now I am using Windows Hello Face to log in, which I just started doing a couple months ago. I have followed all the how to instructions that I...
  10. Sign-in Options unavailable.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign-in Options unavailable.: I have been having sign-in errors see attached image since an update around June 2020. Do advice on what I should do to resolve this matter. I own a Surface Book 2 and Windows Hello Face was working fine till an update happened. It has not been resolved until now....