Windows 10: Unbearable lag when playing games - Windows 10 update 1809

Discus and support Unbearable lag when playing games - Windows 10 update 1809 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For about a month now I am having problems with lag when playing games on my computer. It began after reinstalling a fresh Windows without keeping any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jesper A, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Jesper A Win User

Unbearable lag when playing games - Windows 10 update 1809

For about a month now I am having problems with lag when playing games on my computer. It began after reinstalling a fresh Windows without keeping any files or settings, I updated everything in Windows Update (except update 1903) and then started games, in this case Battlefield 4 and World of Warcraft. The first few minutes my FPS is about 60-80 and running stable, but after only a few minutes it suddenly drops to 10-20 FPS and the screen starts stuttering, but immediately when closing a game the problem goes away (Windows does not lag). This problem was not present before upgrading to update 1809, games were performing flawlessly previously and no hardware replacements has been made.

When playing a game and the lag starts to happen, naturally I open Task Manager and see what is draining resources, but absolutely nothing is out of the ordinary:

• CPU is at 12% usage,
    • Memory is at 50%,
    • Disc at 1-5%,
    • Network at 10% (100 mbit),
    • GPU at 30%.

As the hardware presumably is working fine due to this, I don't think they are the issue and rather Windows itself. I did a "perfmon /report" scan and it said that literally all my hardware is running poorly. So to attempt to fix this I have probably tried every solution there is when searching for my symptoms on the internet, such as:

• Disabling various Windows processes,
    • Disabling features in the Windows registry,
    • Updating all my drivers to their newest version (even tried old graphics card drivers and the problem still occurs)
    • Updating my hardware's firmware to the newest version,
    • Updated BIOS,
    • Defragment and optimized my boot disc (CUnbearable lag when playing games - Windows 10 update 1809 :),
    • Done various settings in the Nvidia control panel including Vsync,
    • Check that the processor supports 64-bit Windows and it does, and 64 bit Windows is installed.

My hardware should still be very much viable to play games even today, despite being roughly 3½ years old, but I am not sure. There can be a possibility that some of the hardware has become faulty, but the fact remains that my computer was working perfectly before reinstalling Windows. Here's my hardware information:

• Gigabyte Z97-HD3 motherboard
    • Intel Core i7 4790K 4,00ghz
    • Kingston 16bg RAM 1666mhz
    • Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070
    • Samsung 860 EVO 500gb SSD
    • 1tb hard drive for storage
    • Corsair 550W power supply (12 years old)
    • Asus DVD burner

I really do not know what to do at this point so I must ask for help, simply what can be done? Could it be something in Windows, a malfunctioning driver or is my hardware simply faulty?

Thank you in advance for any help,

Jesper A

:)

Jesper A, Sep 9, 2019

2. Unbearable lag in online games

Hi,

I upgraded to Windows 10 today. As soon as it was done i decided to jump on some CS:GO, i instantly noticed unbearable lag that made the game unplayable. This happens with all online games that i play. I can play single player games, download things fine, and watch high quality streams, but when it comes to playing any online games i cant play them.

Iv tried things like uninstalling all of my network adapters and reinstalling them, and turning the router off. Nothing has worked so far.

violenntNaThAN, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Windows 10 games not working/ really lagging even if setting are set to the lowest just upgraded to windows 10

Hey

I just upgraded to windows 10 and my games are not working or really lagging it is unbearable to play

some of the games are NBA 2k15, Dota 2,etc even if set to lowest setting it still lags why is that so?

RalphNavarro, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Unbearable lag when playing games - Windows 10 update 1809

Card games lagging!

Hi Helena,

If it's an online game, the lag issue may have been caused by your Internet connection. It can also occur due to the game server issue. We'll need to gather a bit more information to better identify what's causing this. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • What card game are you having issues with?
    • Is the issue the same with other games?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Meanwhile, if the card game you're playing is downloaded from Windows Store, we suggest running the
    Windows apps troubleshooter. The apps troubleshooter can help resolve issues with games and applications downloaded from Windows Store.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Unbearable lag when playing games - Windows 10 update 1809

1. Unbearable lag when playing games - Windows 10 update 1809 - Similar Threads - Unbearable lag playing

2. Lag when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag when playing games: Hello!I recently bought myself a new laptop, and redownloaded some of the games on my old laptop - one of them being Stardew Valley. However, when I downloaded the game I quickly discovered a weird bug. When my game is in small screen mode, it works fine, but when I make the...
  3. Lag when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lag when playing games: Hello!I recently bought myself a new laptop, and redownloaded some of the games on my old laptop - one of them being Stardew Valley. However, when I downloaded the game I quickly discovered a weird bug. When my game is in small screen mode, it works fine, but when I make the...
  4. Every game I have played has been unbearable to play

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Every game I have played has been unbearable to play: Since yesterday every game I have played on my windows 10 has been extremely laggy to the point where I can barely move my mouse. It was working perfectly fine the morning of yesterday, I haven't downloaded anything so I'm kind of stumped...
  5. lag when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lag when playing games: hello, can someone help me please? i dont know why my fps suddenly dropped since last month, i already upgrade my ram and clean my laptop but it still doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-when-playing-games/f6633e5a-f4b9-4f47-b98d-e8eb8b6a87de
  6. Unbearable music lag and window glitching.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unbearable music lag and window glitching.: I may not be using the right subreddit for this but I don't know where else to go but holy shit. I have an HP Pavilion Dv7, with an i5 processor and 8gbs RAM and Beats audio. I don't know if any of that's important to know but basically here's my two issues: Let's say I'm...
  7. Mouse and Keyboard lagging - it is unbearable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Keyboard lagging - it is unbearable: How can I improve mouse and keyboard lag? with Windows 10. It is particularly bad when trying to work across two monitors. Working at home due to COVID!!...
  8. Computer lagging/beeping when playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer lagging/beeping when playing a game: Sometimes when I play a game, the computer starts lagging, and I hear a beeping sound over the speakers, like a "boop-boop-boop" kind of sound. This happens until I restart, and won't happen again for a while, until a few weeks later, and I'll have to restart again. How do I...
  9. Unbearable stuttering/lagging on the brand-new gaming laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unbearable stuttering/lagging on the brand-new gaming laptop.: Please Help! Laptop: HP Pavilion 15-bc404ur. BIOS: AMI F.21 for now (early AMI F.18). The problem refers to only on one of these elements: HDD/BIOS/MotherBoard/RAM/System/pagefile/CPU. At the first using of computer, everything is lagging and stuttering already. System...
  10. Unbearable lag in online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unbearable lag in online games: Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 today. As soon as it was done i decided to jump on some CS:GO, i instantly noticed unbearable lag that made the game unplayable. This happens with all online games that i play. I can play single player games, download things fine, and watch...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update 1809 game lag