Windows 10: Unbearable music lag and window glitching.

Discus and support Unbearable music lag and window glitching. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I may not be using the right subreddit for this but I don't know where else to go but holy shit. I have an HP Pavilion Dv7, with an i5 processor and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Funny_Pupper, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Unbearable music lag and window glitching.

I may not be using the right subreddit for this but I don't know where else to go but holy shit. I have an HP Pavilion Dv7, with an i5 processor and 8gbs RAM and Beats audio. I don't know if any of that's important to know but basically here's my two issues:

1. Let's say I'm just playing music. It can be on anything; MusicBee, Spotify, Youtube, anything. And I'm just sitting here scrolling through Instagram (I don't have a phone right now) and just out of nowhere I'll here a little bit of lag in my music, kinda like a really aggressive, rough stutter. It only happens for a second but then it'll happen again and progressively get worse and eventually freeze my laptop with this unbearable fucking lag for sometimes up to 10 seconds. I've tried closing or disabling certain processes in Task Manager to try to see if it helps but nothing does.

2. I'll be randomly scrolling through something, whilst having two windows open, and out of nowhere the unopened window will randomly appear in front of my current window, not even fully, just in parts. It happens for maybe up to 5 seconds at most and it really gets on my nerves. And hell, sometimes a whole part of my screen will randomly turn into this colorful static looking mess for a few seconds and I just have no fucking idea what's doing it.

If anyone has had this issue or if anyone knows what could be wrong PLEASE tell me before I transfer everything to my little CloudReady laptop and make that my daily driver.

submitted by /u/Funny_Pupper
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Funny_Pupper, Sep 9, 2020

2. Unbearable lag in online games

Hi,

I upgraded to Windows 10 today. As soon as it was done i decided to jump on some CS:GO, i instantly noticed unbearable lag that made the game unplayable. This happens with all online games that i play. I can play single player games, download things fine, and watch high quality streams, but when it comes to playing any online games i cant play them.

Iv tried things like uninstalling all of my network adapters and reinstalling them, and turning the router off. Nothing has worked so far.

violenntNaThAN, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Unbearable lag after fall creators update

Hi Leviozar,

As I said I own a HP Pavilion 15 notebook with the hardware listed above. I tried to use the Windows Update Troubleshooter (no problems found), prompt with DISM.exe and sfc commands (they said that they have
    restored problems but the lag was still there), restarted with minimal settings (nothing changed), ran an app called WhySoSlow (didn't find any issue). Unbearable music lag and window glitching. :(

Also scanned for malware with Windows Defender and Malwarebytes, nothing reported. I couldn't do anything else because I needed to use Windows for work, thus in the end I simply rolled back.

I fear that the glitch is caused by some compatibiliy issue with graphics drivers (which already caused similar troubles in the past) but I updated them as well and the lag was still there.

Haibane Renmei, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Unbearable music lag and window glitching.

Windows 10 Stuttering/Lagging with Graphical Glitches

These are the LatencyMon stats once the problem sets in

Unbearable music lag and window glitching. [​IMG]

The problem didn't come in Safe Mode - although I only used it in Safe Mode for about 10 minutes.

*I usually only needed to input a PIN password to log into Windows. After booting into Safe Mode it started asking for my password (i.e. Microsoft Account password). It hasn't asked for the PIN since then. Is this normal? Maybe some kind of protection enabled by Windows itself?

This is the LatencyMon stat without the problem:

As you can see it says that my system has no latency issues.
    Something weird I noticed is the difference in Measured and Reported CPU speeds - 1 Mhz and 3293 Mhz. How is that possible? I mean will the system even boot up if that's the actual speed?
    There is also and Indepth Latency Test shortcut created by the program. Do I need to run it as well?

starlightt800, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Unbearable music lag and window glitching.

1. Unbearable music lag and window glitching. - Similar Threads - Unbearable music lag

2. Unbearable default user0!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unbearable default user0!: After a system reset, a defaultuser0 user appeared on my computer, every time the boot will appear in the login interface by default, after a period of time will disappear and turn into my correct account, other users' methods are not valid for me, how do I get rid of this...
  3. Sudden glitch/lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden glitch/lag: Hi, I've updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11 the day it came out and since then I'm experiencing a bug that I cannot find solution for.It can happen at any time, no matter what the computer is being used for.For about a second, the video and audio lags a lot, like if it was...
  4. Sudden glitch/lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden glitch/lag: Hi, I've updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11 the day it came out and since then I'm experiencing a bug that I cannot find solution for.It can happen at any time, no matter what the computer is being used for.For about a second, the video and audio lags a lot, like if it was...
  5. Mouse and Keyboard lagging - it is unbearable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Keyboard lagging - it is unbearable: How can I improve mouse and keyboard lag? with Windows 10. It is particularly bad when trying to work across two monitors. Working at home due to COVID!!...
  6. Windows Full screen lag weird glitch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Full screen lag weird glitch: Alright so umm, ever since i installed my ssd on my pc and reinstalled windows, it mostly worked for the greatest but for one of the game that i spend most of my time on, Roblox, things started to **** up. Those are some old fixed problems but my game's sound was all messed...
  7. Windows 10 UNBEARABLY slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 UNBEARABLY slow: Everything is slow. Maximizing a window. Opening explorer, going to a website on any browser. It's suddenly extremely slow. I've tried restarting and hard resetting several times. Every suggestion every tech blog has. Nothing will fix the horrid sluggishness of Windows 10....
  8. Unbearable lag when playing games - Windows 10 update 1809

Unbearable lag when playing games - Windows 10 update 1809: For about a month now I am having problems with lag when playing games on my computer. It began after reinstalling a fresh Windows without keeping any files or settings, I updated everything in Windows Update (except update 1903) and then started games, in this case...
  9. Unbearable stuttering/lagging on the brand-new gaming laptop.

Unbearable stuttering/lagging on the brand-new gaming laptop.: Please Help! Laptop: HP Pavilion 15-bc404ur. BIOS: AMI F.21 for now (early AMI F.18). The problem refers to only on one of these elements: HDD/BIOS/MotherBoard/RAM/System/pagefile/CPU. At the first using of computer, everything is lagging and stuttering already. System...
  10. Unbearable lag in online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unbearable lag in online games: Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 today. As soon as it was done i decided to jump on some CS:GO, i instantly noticed unbearable lag that made the game unplayable. This happens with all online games that i play. I can play single player games, download things fine, and watch...