Windows 10: Unblock a .DLL in syswow64: Too many post were made to a semaphore

Discus and support Unblock a .DLL in syswow64: Too many post were made to a semaphore in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; to Properties of c:\windows\syswow64\idapi32.dll shows the security warning thar the file came from another computer Whe ticking the Unblock the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Theo Scheffers, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Unblock a .DLL in syswow64: Too many post were made to a semaphore

to Properties of c:\windows\syswow64\idapi32.dll shows the security warning thar the file came from another computer Whe ticking the Unblock the message apears: Too many post were made to a semaphore

:)

Theo Scheffers, Dec 6, 2023

2. How to resolve "Error 2894.Info 2894.Loading RICHED20.DLL failed. GetLastError() returned: 5"?

What about the 2nd command? Reposting the command-line below:

• certutil -hashfile f:\windows\syswow64\riched20.dll sha256
    And then run:

• ren f:\windows\syswow64\riched20.dll riched20.dll.old (holding this for now. Will post after checking the results of the above command)

Ramesh Srinivasan, Dec 6, 2023
  3. How to resolve "Error 2894.Info 2894.Loading RICHED20.DLL failed. GetLastError() returned: 5"?

Hi Andrzej,

Open a Command Prompt (admin) window and type the following commands:

• TAKEOWN /F c:\windows\syswow64\riched20.dll /a
    • ICACLS c:\windows\syswow64\riched20.dll /grant administrators:F
    • ICACLS c:\windows\syswow64\riched20.dll
    • CERTUTIL -hashfile c:\windows\syswow64\riched20.dll sha256
    See also Error 2894 RICHED20.DLL GetLastError() returned: 5

Please post the screenshot of the output window.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Dec 6, 2023
  4. Unblock a .DLL in syswow64: Too many post were made to a semaphore

Too many posts were made to a semaphore

As poetic as this error message appears to be, it means absolutely nothing to any of us.

This appeared while trying to change the attributes of an ordinary file on my Windows 10 machine. The file is my own work; not a system file.

Yes all the files I have are unhidden.

Yes, I have to continually redo the unsetting of "read only" on my files. These are the burdens of being a Windows user, which is set to, of course, interfere as much as possible with the user. Hey, it's Microsoft.

So what is the meaning, if you can tell , of this error message: "Too many posts were made to a semaphore."

Out here on planet Earth, a semaphore is a signal, like a traffic or warning light in the physical world. Posts are the poles on which the semaphore sits to bring it above ground enough so that people can see it. Sometimes posts are made in the sense of a message.
    But neither of these meanings apply here.

As always, there are lots of websites telling you to boot up in Safe Mode and bring your entire 2 terabyte hard drive back to its virgin form with all of your data and years of work gone. I prefer not to do that, thank you, to find out why applying attributes
    to a file entails "too many posts" being made to "a semaphore."

Thank you for your help, if you can.

bwprager123, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

Unblock a .DLL in syswow64: Too many post were made to a semaphore

1. Unblock a .DLL in syswow64: Too many post were made to a semaphore - Similar Threads - Unblock DLL syswow64

2. Unblock a .DLL in syswow64: Too many post were made to a semaphore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unblock a .DLL in syswow64: Too many post were made to a semaphore: to Properties of c:\windows\syswow64\idapi32.dll shows the security warning thar the file came from another computer Whe ticking the Unblock the message apears: Too many post were made to a semaphore...
  3. Too many posts made to a semaphore error: vb application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too many posts made to a semaphore error: vb application: I am writing a vb application on a new Windows 11 Surface. When the application opens the serial port, I receive a "Too many posts made to a semaphore" error. I have followed all steps I have found on the subjects disabled anti-virus, disabled all startup apps, running as...
  4. Too many posts made to a semaphore error: vb application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Too many posts made to a semaphore error: vb application: I am writing a vb application on a new Windows 11 Surface. When the application opens the serial port, I receive a "Too many posts made to a semaphore" error. I have followed all steps I have found on the subjects disabled anti-virus, disabled all startup apps, running as...
  5. This application made too many requests

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This application made too many requests: Hello,I'm tired of this:And then this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-application-made-too-many-requests/2a61a1b1-d7c5-495f-9261-d76816e87096
  6. This application made too many requests

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This application made too many requests: Hello,I'm tired of this:And then this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-application-made-too-many-requests/2a61a1b1-d7c5-495f-9261-d76816e87096
  7. This application made too many requests

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Too many posts were made to a semaphore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Too many posts were made to a semaphore: As poetic as this error message appears to be, it means absolutely nothing to any of us. This appeared while trying to change the attributes of an ordinary file on my Windows 10 machine. The file is my own work; not a system file. Yes all the files I have are unhidden....
  9. no changes were made

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no changes were made: when I try to reboot my pc it says no changes were made. I would like to reboot it bc I have a couple of viruses becuz of pirated apps. plz someone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-changes-were-made/1c7f0f88-4a77-4463-98d1-8098af951f46
  10. "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll": Hello- I have installed a couple of games (Rainbow Six Seige + Fortnite ) and both display "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll". as a sort of crash? Minecraft runs fine and so does everything- Dell Support Assist says my computer is fine so....? How do I access Shell32 files...