Windows 10: Unblock app running on another network PC in Windows Defender firewall

Discus and support Unblock app running on another network PC in Windows Defender firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to be able to use LibreOffice on my Win10 Pro PC - Desktop - to access documents on another Win10 Pro PC - NUC. Desktop and NUC are both... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RyderCowan, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Unblock app running on another network PC in Windows Defender firewall

I want to be able to use LibreOffice on my Win10 Pro PC - Desktop - to access documents on another Win10 Pro PC - NUC. Desktop and NUC are both connected to my private network. I've tried to allow the LibreOffice app through the firewall on NUC, but it's not in the list of available apps. How can I allow this app through the firewall?

:)

RyderCowan, Sep 21, 2021
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

windows defender firewall

Hi Faye,

Third-party antivirus programs usually have their own uninstallers provided by the software developer. We suggest checking the developer's website or contacting their support team for assistance with uninstalling their program. After fully uninstalling the
    third-party antivirus software, you may turn on Windows Defender by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Windows Defender Security Center and press Enter.
    • Click Firewall and network protection.
    • Click Private (discoverable) network and click On.
    • Click Public (non-discoverable) network and click On.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about Windows Defender.

Yolvi Ell, Sep 21, 2021
  3. joelshort Win User
    Windows Defender Firewall - Previously allowed APP disappears

I'm having an issue with Defender firewall. I manually allow an app through the firewall on both public and private networks. The app works fine. When I restart the computer the approved app is no longer listed and the app does not work properly.

What I'm trying to do is use Teamviewer to remotely control an Intel NUC via the NUC IP address on a local area network. If I add Teamviewer to the list of apps through the firewall it works fine, but upon restart I cannot login to the NUC with Teamviewer and upon investigation the app is missing from the firewall approved apps.

This is with Windows 1809.

I have a second NUC running Windows 1803 and it does not have this problem.

Any thoughts?

joelshort, Sep 21, 2021
  4. Unblock app running on another network PC in Windows Defender firewall

Windows Defender - Firewall and Network Protection

Hi,

We suggest that you try restarting Windows Defender service and check if issue is resolved. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X key and type services.msc,
      hit enter.
    • Search Windows Defender Service.:1)Windows Defender Service ; 2)
      Windows Defender Network.
    • Right click on each and press Start.
    • Restart your computer and check if issue persist.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 21, 2021
Thema:

Unblock app running on another network PC in Windows Defender firewall

1. Unblock app running on another network PC in Windows Defender firewall - Similar Threads - Unblock app running

2. Unblocking an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unblocking an app: I am a system administrator and I am having trouble locating an option. Every guide I see to unblock mentions when you right click app>properties>go to general the following option "security" should appear.However, when I follow the steps I do not see the option on...
  3. Unblocking an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unblocking an app: I am a system administrator and I am having trouble locating an option. Every guide I see to unblock mentions when you right click app>properties>go to general the following option "security" should appear.However, when I follow the steps I do not see the option on...
  4. Windows Firewall/Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Firewall/Windows Defender Firewall: I keep getting this security notification the says: "Firewall and Network Protection - Turn on Windows Firewall" see attached screenshots. 4 of the screenshots says/indicate that the firewall is turned on, but the security notification still pops up saying to turn on...
  5. Allow an app throughtg the Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allow an app throughtg the Windows Defender Firewall: Windows is not allowing the Harrisgeospatial IDL through the firewall. [ATTACH] Any ideas to solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allow-an-app-throughtg-the-windows-defender/8802c33f-b880-4e0f-ad35-421ea023d52d
  6. Windows defender firewall blocked app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender firewall blocked app: What does this mean? When I tried opening iTunes on my laptop C:\program files\windowsapps\appleinc.itunes_12096.3.41072.0_x64__nzyj5cx40ttqa\itunes.exe...
  7. Windows Defender firewall prevents home network access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Defender firewall prevents home network access: On my home network between 2 Win 10 pcs the windows firewall will not allow pc2 to access pc1 unless I manually turn off the firewall. It is OK going the other direction. Pc1 automatically turns on the firewall every day causing me to again have to manually turn it off. I...
  8. Windows Defender Firewall

Windows Defender Firewall: Hi, Any idea how to delete these, from the screenshot. I uninstalled PowerDVD but its left these rules behind on my firewall monitoring. [img] Thanks 131858
  9. Windows Defender Firewall

Windows Defender Firewall: I'm using windows 10 1709 home on one notebook and version 18 on another. How are Apps able to enable disabled firewall settings, and, have the ability to automatically allow other apps through the firewall? For example Zune, Cooking Fever, One Note...etc go from disabled to...
  10. Computer not visible on network if Windows Defender Firewall is on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer not visible on network if Windows Defender Firewall is on: I have a computer on a private network that is not visible from any computer unless I turn off the Windows Defender Firewall. All are running Windows 10. Network settings for private network are the same for 5 computers. [img] The following services were all set as follows...