Windows 10: Unbreakable Administrator Restrictions on McAfee

Discus and support Unbreakable Administrator Restrictions on McAfee in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. Sneaky Adobe installed McAfee on my C drive because I use an ad-blocker. I uninstalled the programs themselves, and searched "My PC" for any extra... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Minor Architect, May 27, 2019.

1. Unbreakable Administrator Restrictions on McAfee

Hi. Sneaky Adobe installed McAfee on my C drive because I use an ad-blocker. I uninstalled the programs themselves, and searched "My PC" for any extra files and I could delete all of them except one. It is C:/ProgramData/McAfee . There is one (and possibly another) file that won't let me delete it. and the reason It won't be deleted is because I don't have permissions. But I do. I have tried deleting this folder as the only profile on the computer, which i have used admin permissions on before, and it works fine, usually. Then I saw that there is a hidden "Super Administrator" profile that has all the permissions, hands down. So I activated that, but got the same message. It asks me to give administrator permissions to delete this folder, but literally a tenth of a second later it tells me that I don't have the privileges and to contact the administrator. Which I am. If I press try again the exact same message just pops up again. Unbreakable Administrator Restrictions on McAfee d511d2eb-13d2-4f4f-976c-bd146beebcac?upload=true.png Unbreakable Administrator Restrictions on McAfee 0392d1e1-7851-4642-af7d-b98b8cea1c6c?upload=true.png So I'm like, 'Okay, what if I change the file properties to make it not read-only?' Well, it tells me that the process failed with that one file I was talking about earlier, mclogs.etl .
    Unbreakable Administrator Restrictions on McAfee 6a5bb957-7c20-40da-9b63-2ce0a6148c01?upload=true.png Unbreakable Administrator Restrictions on McAfee 4e419cc9-85d3-45ee-9b82-ac738c761ddb?upload=true.png
    Like I said, this doesn't work on my own account or the Admin account. If anyone could help me delete this folder, that would be great. I wouldn't be surprised if someone else has been in this situation. Thanks in advance.

:)

Minor Architect, May 27, 2019

2. System administrator and You Tube restricted mode

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a local account or Microsoft account?
    2. How many user accounts are there on the computer?
    3. Do you have another administrator account on your computer?

I suggest you to refer the following link to https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/174084 for YouTube.

If you are having another administrator account on your PC, you can login to the administrator account and provide administrator access to the user account. Follow the steps mentioned below.

Steps:-

1. Tap on Windows + R on the keyboard.
    2. Type netplwiz in the run box.
    3. Under the Users tab, click on the
      user account and click on properties.
    4. Under Group Membership, select Administrator from the list.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 27, 2019
  3. McAfee security

Read through this and it will show you step by step how to remove McAfee from your computer

PC Hell: How to Uninstall McAfee

hTconeM9user, May 27, 2019
  4. Ex_Brit Win User

Unbreakable Administrator Restrictions on McAfee

McAfee

I see one drawback to only using Windows Defender. That means you are now using Windows Firewall which unless tweaked, which can be complicated unless 3rd party software is used anyway, provides only one way protection - inbound. The McAfee suite took care of all that for you automatically.
    I am a long-time customer of McAfee and find their software excellent and like all software has an occasional glitch, but overall is totally reliable. They recently won awards with it. Also top of the polls, late 2016, I suggest shopping around for the best price though.
    Critics often slam their (& others' too) suites as being top-heavy, well with most of the upper tier of suites you can custom install only the components you want, unless restricted from doing so by your Administrator or by the provider of the software itself (ISP or PC maker for instance).
    In my case I omitted the Anti-Spam and Parental Controls portions as I either had that covered or didn;t need it..

Ex_Brit, May 27, 2019
Thema:

Unbreakable Administrator Restrictions on McAfee

1. Unbreakable Administrator Restrictions on McAfee - Similar Threads - Unbreakable Administrator Restrictions

2. Administrator restricted sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator restricted sign in: I am using HP pavilion laptop for personal use yesterday I lost my device and so I locked it using Microsoft find and lost feature and removed the device but now I have recovered my device and I am unable to login as it keeps saying "An administrator has restricted sign...
  3. Administrator restricted sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Administrator restricted sign in: I am using HP pavilion laptop for personal use yesterday I lost my device and so I locked it using Microsoft find and lost feature and removed the device but now I have recovered my device and I am unable to login as it keeps saying "An administrator has restricted sign...
  4. Administrator restricted sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Restricted by administrator

Restricted by administrator: Login restricted by administrator.... unable to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restricted-by-administrator/00240d7c-1e31-49af-88f7-925a9b665c57
  6. Restricted by administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restricted by administrator: Login restricted by administrator.... unable to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restricted-by-administrator/00240d7c-1e31-49af-88f7-925a9b665c57
  7. Administrator has restricted sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator has restricted sign in: An administrator has restricted sign in. To sign in, make sure your device is connected to the internet, and have your administrator sign in first...This is error my getting while sign in...
  8. Administrator restricted sign in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator restricted sign in.: I have accidentally removed my son's PC from my Microsoft account and now when he goes to log into it, he first gets prompted with a page that says to contact me with my number on it, but then if you hit a key, it asks for a PIN. I entered in the PIN and I get the message...
  9. Administrator restricted sign in.

Administrator restricted sign in.: I have accidentally removed my son's PC from my Microsoft account and now when he goes to log into it, he first gets prompted with a page that says to contact me with my number on it, but then if you hit a key, it asks for a PIN. I entered in the PIN and I get the message...
  10. Administrator restricted sign in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen