Windows 10: UNC Browse by FQDN works for some login profiles but not others on Azure Joined laptop

Discus and support UNC Browse by FQDN works for some login profiles but not others on Azure Joined laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Azure joined devices in my environment, with the users AD synced to AAD. I have a Windows server 2019 file server and a Windows 2003 server,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Brian Shipp, May 26, 2023.

1. UNC Browse by FQDN works for some login profiles but not others on Azure Joined laptop

I have Azure joined devices in my environment, with the users AD synced to AAD. I have a Windows server 2019 file server and a Windows 2003 server, both on a domain, two different subnets/VLANs. On at least 2 laptops, when on an SSLVPN connection, I cannot UNC to a shared folder path to the W2K3 server, but can to the W19 server; I can UNC to either/both via IP on "a particular login profile". But if I log in with another user profile, I can UNC to both servers via FQDN. Neither AAD user is a local admin on the Azure joined device. I have removed the profile of the user who cannot UNC to W2K3

:)

Brian Shipp, May 26, 2023
  2. Dino-M Win User

Disconnecting on prem AD and then joining Azure AD creates new Windows profile?

Hello everyone,

I have a question about joining computers in my firm from on prem AD to Azure AD. When someone new arrives at our firm (new employee), there is a fresh installation of Windows 10. It is easy to join Azure AD
    because it is a fresh start, but now we have to migrate all Windows 10 users that are on prem AD to Azure AD. When I disconnect those users from our local on prem AD and join them to Azure AD, whole new Windows 10 profile is created, without any of settings,
    data or anything else on that profile (clean profile with few applications that are installed computer-wide). So my question is, is there any solution to keep their profile settings from before they joined Azure AD? Or I will have to simply tell them to backup
    everything (essential data).

What I tried so far:

• Tried tools for migration like ForensiT (User Profile Wizard, User Profile Manager and Transwiz, just to see if it is going to work) - not successful
    • Tried changing profile path from registry - not successful
    • Tried log in with the old credentials example: CONTOSO\user (because after I joined that computer to Azure AD user should log in as *** Email address is removed for privacy ***) - not successful
    Is there anything else I can try? Thanks for your answers.

Dino-M, May 26, 2023
  3. After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot join Azure

OK, i fixed it. After recovery for one more time, third!, i activated network access and after that i was presented with the "Azure School or Work Account" Login window. I could log in, so everything is fine now.

Steps to make it work:

1. Start device with no network connection and log in as local account
    2. Buy Windows 10/ Pro and activate
    3. Boot to recovery and choose to delete all local data and do a local reinstall
    4. After the recovery/installation has finished...
    5. boot up again, connect to network and joining Azure should be possible..

Alexander_SFA, May 26, 2023
  4. UNC Browse by FQDN works for some login profiles but not others on Azure Joined laptop

Windows 10 login with Azure AD join failing

I have two Surface 3 (i.e. not Pro) tablets that I have upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I also have a fully working Office 365 tenancy. I logged in with a Microsoft (Live) account to create an initial administrator account.

Then I was excited to perform an Azure AD Join on the first one and logged into Windows 10 using the "Other user" option that then appeared on the login screen. I logged in using the O365 account that I used for the Join and another O365 account. However,
    the second Surface will join the Azure AD (O365) tenancy no problems but every time I try to log in it tries for a while and then says that "The username or password is incorrect. Try again."

Does anyone have a way to diagnose what is going wrong or have a suggestion on how to resolve this please?

Thanks.

SteveR_Ark, May 26, 2023
Thema:

UNC Browse by FQDN works for some login profiles but not others on Azure Joined laptop

1. UNC Browse by FQDN works for some login profiles but not others on Azure Joined laptop - Similar Threads - UNC Browse FQDN

2. Login to Windows11 machines with Azure ad joined domain users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login to Windows11 machines with Azure ad joined domain users: Hello All,I'm new to Intune and trying to test MDM functionality to our Mac, Windows & Linux machines. We are using Google workspace as our primary IDP and I federated Google workspace as IDP and Azure AD as SP and enabled Single sign on that works fine When I login to...
  3. Login to Windows11 machines with Azure ad joined domain users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login to Windows11 machines with Azure ad joined domain users: Hello All,I'm new to Intune and trying to test MDM functionality to our Mac, Windows & Linux machines. We are using Google workspace as our primary IDP and I federated Google workspace as IDP and Azure AD as SP and enabled Single sign on that works fine When I login to...
  4. UNC Browse by FQDN works for some login profiles but not others on Azure Joined laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNC Browse by FQDN works for some login profiles but not others on Azure Joined laptop: I have Azure joined devices in my environment, with the users AD synced to AAD. I have a Windows server 2019 file server and a Windows 2003 server, both on a domain, two different subnets/VLANs. On at least 2 laptops, when on an SSLVPN connection, I cannot UNC to a shared...
  5. UNC Browse by FQDN works for some login profiles but not others on Azure Joined laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNC Browse by FQDN works for some login profiles but not others on Azure Joined laptop: I have Azure joined devices in my environment, with the users AD synced to AAD. I have a Windows server 2019 file server and a Windows 2003 server, both on a domain, two different subnets/VLANs. On at least 2 laptops, when on an SSLVPN connection, I cannot UNC to a shared...
  6. Azure DNS name servername.location.cloudapp.azure.com VS internal FQDN hostname.domain name...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Azure DNS name servername.location.cloudapp.azure.com VS internal FQDN hostname.domain name...: Hi all,a somewhat petty question that is bugging me.When I created a VM in our azure subscription, it has the DNS name in the format of servername.location.cloudapp.azure.comWhich apparently is a FQDNwhere servername is the hostname and location could be northeurope...
  7. problem join computers to azure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    problem join computers to azure: hi I have a problem joining computers to azure, I was able to join other devices before but now I keep getting this error see attachment i need help urgent pls [ATTACH]...
  8. Azure AD Joined Workstation unable to login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Azure AD Joined Workstation unable to login: All of our workstations are Azure AD joined when they are first set up. This usually means that any users can log into any device. These accounts are set up w/ Windows 10 Hello, which users are are required to set up a pin. A couple of these workstations seemed to have...
  9. Building new laptops which join Azure AD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Building new laptops which join Azure AD: Good Evening, We are currently rolling out new laptops to users within our organisation. I would like to get these pre-built before I go to site to issue the laptops out, but at the moment I cant because I need the user to log into the account to personalise the user...
  10. Dis-Join Azure AD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dis-Join Azure AD: Hello - Setting up a new install of Windows 10, when I attempt to join our domain active directory I get the message Joined to Azure AD, choose disconnect your device first. Researched how and the option to disconnect is not there. One person who also reported this same issue...