Windows 10: UNC SERVER

Discus and support UNC SERVER in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; SIR/ MAM I AM A USER OF WINDOWS 10 PRO AND I LIKE IT. BUT FROM LAST 2-3 MOTNHS "UNC SERVER" IS ALWAYS ON IN THE PROCESSES WHICH MAKES THE COMPUTER SLOW... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AadiJain3, Jan 1, 2021.

1. AadiJain3 Win User

UNC SERVER

SIR/ MAM I AM A USER OF WINDOWS 10 PRO AND I LIKE IT. BUT FROM LAST 2-3 MOTNHS "UNC SERVER" IS ALWAYS ON IN THE PROCESSES WHICH MAKES THE COMPUTER SLOW DOWN. PLEASE TELL ME HOW CAN I DISABLE THE UNC SERVER.

:)

AadiJain3, Jan 1, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Jan 1, 2021
  3. Server 2019 unable to access UNC path

Server 2019 on domain. Unable to browse to UNC path of workstation which is part of a workgroup.

Network error: Windows cannot access \\x.x.x.x

Check the spelling of the name.Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network - Error code: 0x80004005 Unspecified error

The following were check to see if issue is resolved, but did not:

Disabled IP V6

Enabled NetBIOS over TCP/IP

Computer browser service checked and was already started

Network discovery is turned on

Added and enabled SMB1 feature

Updates done and server restarted

Disabled and enabled File and Print sharing on the NIC

Disabled Firewall on server and workstation

Added host entries to workstations on server under the hosts file

Thank you.

Morne Barkhuizen, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Barman58 Win User

UNC SERVER

Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

UNC SERVER

1. UNC SERVER - Similar Threads - UNC SERVER

2. Unable to open UNC path from the Outlook App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open UNC path from the Outlook App: I am unable to open UNC path from outlook app - Have tried reparing and reinstalling- Have tried adding on the trusted site- I do have permission to the shared network path UNC resouce- Connected to the file server is OK as well- Seems to be outlook issue any fixes ?- outlook...
  3. Unable to open UNC path from the Outlook App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open UNC path from the Outlook App: I am unable to open UNC path from outlook app - Have tried reparing and reinstalling- Have tried adding on the trusted site- I do have permission to the shared network path UNC resouce- Connected to the file server is OK as well- Seems to be outlook issue any fixes ?- outlook...
  4. Unable to open UNC path from the Outlook App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. UNC seerver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNC seerver: Do I have to have a UNC server? It is making my computer too slow, so I can't work at home. Ever since I updated and restarted my Lenovo computer late last night, I'm having problems. When I tried to shut it down a few minutes ago it says my UNC is running in the background....
  6. UNC seerver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNC seerver: Do I have to have a UNC server? It is making my computer too slow, so I can't work at home. Ever since I updated and restarted my Lenovo computer late last night, I'm having problems. When I tried to shut it down a few minutes ago it says my UNC is running in the background....
  7. UNC seerver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Printer keeps showing as "Unspecified" device when added via server UNC path

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer keeps showing as "Unspecified" device when added via server UNC path: Hi Community, I'm a tech working in an organisation which uses a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure VMware Horizon. I've already ruled out an issue with this system and it's dynamic environment manager, so it seems to be a windows-specific issue. Environment is using...
  9. Windows 10 v1909 does not search a network drive mapped to Windows Server 2016 UNC path

in Cortana
    Windows 10 v1909 does not search a network drive mapped to Windows Server 2016 UNC path: All Windows 10 computers on this network can index local files. They have the most recent 1909 build. Only local disks and libraries appear in the 'selected locations' list and there's no option in Indexing Options to add a new target to the list. The Windows 2016 file server...
  10. Losing unc in printer local port since KB556846 on server 2012?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Losing unc in printer local port since KB556846 on server 2012?: Anyone having same issue? Printer is loosing its localport is a unc was assigned. This append when spooler service is restarted. Affected Localspl.dll is April 29th version is 6.3.9600.19701 If we replace to Feb. 9th version 6.3.9600.19293 everything is back to...