Windows 10: UNC

Discus and support UNC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm stumped. What is this UNC telling me? e\\Raphaelserver Z:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BCDozier, Jul 22, 2021.

1. BCDozier Win User

UNC

I'm stumped. What is this UNC telling me? e\\Raphaelserver Z:

:)

BCDozier, Jul 22, 2021
  2. slimcode Win User

One specific UNC path suddenly not working on one specific Win10 machine

Hi,

A month or two ago, my main computer stopped being able to access my NAS' UNC path (\\corbeau\...). It used to work.

• I do not remember changing anything on that NAS
    • Other Win10 machines can access that same UNC path
    • The problematic machine can access the NAS by using its IP in the UNC path (\\192.168.2.10\...)
    • All machines can access other machines by their UNC path (\\cardinal\... or \\epervier\...)
    • A ping for the NAS name from the problematic machine fails to resolve
    • Pings from other machines work
    • Every machine can ping other machines by their name

I'm totally lost. Where should I look for to resolve this very annoying issue?

Thanks.

slimcode, Jul 22, 2021
  3. These Files Might Be Harmful To Your Computer

Since you already have tried everything, we suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Go to Internet Options.
    • Select Security.
    • Click Local Intranet.
    • Click Sites.
    • Tick the option Include all network paths (UNCs).
    • Click OK.
    • Close Internet Options.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Elrendhel Win User

UNC

Browsing UNC paths with a mobile 6 device?

Greetings Matswhite & Oakbeach! Welcome to the Windows Mobile Forums!

Most folks trying to use UNC paths will need to make sure they are setup to use the WiFi "WORK" settings and not "Home" or "The Internet", as they do not support UNC or other path statements.

See this
    hyperlink
    for more information.

This solution was provided for WM2003 or 2003SE, so your use of WM6 means that the steps may vary a bit from what I provided, but the logic should be the same. Please let me know if this solves your problem!

Elrendhel, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

UNC

1. UNC - Similar Threads - UNC

2. Unable to open UNC path from the Outlook App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open UNC path from the Outlook App: I am unable to open UNC path from outlook app - Have tried reparing and reinstalling- Have tried adding on the trusted site- I do have permission to the shared network path UNC resouce- Connected to the file server is OK as well- Seems to be outlook issue any fixes ?- outlook...
  3. Unable to open UNC path from the Outlook App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open UNC path from the Outlook App: I am unable to open UNC path from outlook app - Have tried reparing and reinstalling- Have tried adding on the trusted site- I do have permission to the shared network path UNC resouce- Connected to the file server is OK as well- Seems to be outlook issue any fixes ?- outlook...
  4. Unable to open UNC path from the Outlook App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. UNC seerver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNC seerver: Do I have to have a UNC server? It is making my computer too slow, so I can't work at home. Ever since I updated and restarted my Lenovo computer late last night, I'm having problems. When I tried to shut it down a few minutes ago it says my UNC is running in the background....
  6. UNC seerver

UNC seerver: Do I have to have a UNC server? It is making my computer too slow, so I can't work at home. Ever since I updated and restarted my Lenovo computer late last night, I'm having problems. When I tried to shut it down a few minutes ago it says my UNC is running in the background....
  7. UNC seerver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. what is "UNC path is missing sharename://tasks source: debugger for java extension" and how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is "UNC path is missing sharename://tasks source: debugger for java extension" and how...: I am learning programming in java in "visual studio code ". my very first program! and I got the massage "UNC path is missing sharename : //tasks Source: Debugger for JavaExtension . Please help me to fix this error. Please help me to understand " UNC path....
  9. what is "UNC path is missing sharename://tasks source: debugger for java extension" and how...

what is "UNC path is missing sharename://tasks source: debugger for java extension" and how...: I am learning programming in java in "visual studio code ". my very first program! and I got the massage "UNC path is missing sharename : //tasks Source: Debugger for JavaExtension . Please help me to fix this error. Please help me to understand " UNC path....
  10. what is "UNC path is missing sharename://tasks source: debugger for java extension" and how...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing