Windows 10: Unchecked Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device not working

Discus and support Unchecked Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In the sound control panel - Recording - Microphone - Advanced I unchecked the option Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoselElvir, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Unchecked Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device not working

In the sound control panel - Recording - Microphone - Advanced I unchecked the option Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device , but some applications like Microsoft Teams, Battle.net keep taking control and resetting the level of the microphone.

Any advice to keep using the microphone in this application and don't let the apps take control over the level of the microphone

Thanks in advance

:)

JoselElvir, Apr 28, 2020

2. Win 10 Netflix app bug : constant 100% volume

I solved this issue by disabling "Exclusive Mode" for the playback device.

Step by step:

1. Right click on the taskbar volume icon
    2. playback devices
    3. right click on your default audio device
    4. properties
    5. Advanced Tab
    6. uncheck "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"
    7. Apply

user680859, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Not all programs show up in volume mixer when switching from one output device to another - Windows 10

Hi Nicholas,

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps in resolving your issue:

• Type control panel in the search box and hit enter.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Select sound.

• Double click on Speakers.

• Under advanced tab check the option "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device".

• Click OK.

Hope this information helps!

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Unchecked Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device not working

Audio and Sound

We appreciate you getting back to us. What we can suggest is for you to check the volume settings from the apps (Team Fortress and YouTube) then deselect "allow applications to take exclusive control of this device". Here's how:

• Right click on the Sound icon in the system tray and click on Playback Devices.
    • Select Headphones and click on Properties.
    • Click on Advanced tab.
    • Uncheck “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device” and click on apply.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Unchecked Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device not working

1. Unchecked Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device not working - Similar Threads - Unchecked Allow applications

2. Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power uncheck permanently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power uncheck permanently: I have a Intel Wireless Gigabit Software Device. Unchecking this helps but it checks itself back on every once in a while for no reason. I want this permanently unchecked. No solutions using Google search. Power Management is on NEVER for everything I can put never on. Any...
  3. Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power uncheck permanently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power uncheck permanently: I have a Intel Wireless Gigabit Software Device. Unchecking this helps but it checks itself back on every once in a while for no reason. I want this permanently unchecked. No solutions using Google search. Power Management is on NEVER for everything I can put never on. Any...
  4. Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power uncheck permanently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. devices and printers will not allow a game controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    devices and printers will not allow a game controller: devices and printers will not allow a game controller in any way, including any drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/devices-and-printers-will-not-allow-a-game/fd010370-dd45-4172-8384-99b2c6c1b5df
  6. devices and printers will not allow a game controller

devices and printers will not allow a game controller: devices and printers will not allow a game controller in any way, including any drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/devices-and-printers-will-not-allow-a-game/fd010370-dd45-4172-8384-99b2c6c1b5df
  7. PowerShell Command to uncheck "Allow other network users to control or disable the shared...

PowerShell Command to uncheck "Allow other network users to control or disable the shared...: Hi,I need to find a command in PowerShell to uncheck "Allow other network users to control or disable the shared Internet connection" when Internet Share is active. Your help will be very appreciated. Thanks....
  8. PowerShell Command to uncheck "Allow other network users to control or disable the shared...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PowerShell Command to uncheck "Allow other network users to control or disable the shared...: Hi,I need to find a command in PowerShell to uncheck "Allow other network users to control or disable the shared Internet connection" when Internet Share is active. Your help will be very appreciated. Thanks....
  9. Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Can't uncheck "Allow the device to wake the computer"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Can't uncheck "Allow the device to wake the computer": I'm having issues with my Windows 10 PC waking by itself. I went to the Device Manager and found that the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller box "Allow the device to wake the computer" is checked, but it's grayed out so I can't uncheck it. Can this controller be causing my...
  10. Play audio on all connected devices simultaneously and control which application is allowed...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Play audio on all connected devices simultaneously and control which application is allowed...: I'd like to be able to play my audio on all connected devices simultaneously. Now when you connect multiple devices, you'll have to choose which device you want the audio played on. And when you choose a device, you choose it for all audio played on the computer. For...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. allow applications to take exclusive control of this device not working