Windows 10: unchecking make this my main display

Discus and support unchecking make this my main display in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; hello, I have 2 monitors ( 2nd one just set up), I noticed today that when I tried to open something on my main screen (1st one) it was opened on 2nd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by mommabeth, Jan 7, 2019.

1. mommabeth Win User

unchecking make this my main display

hello, I have 2 monitors ( 2nd one just set up), I noticed today that when I tried to open something on my main screen (1st one) it was opened on 2nd monitor, (note: it was not turned on). so I started trying to configure them so the screen that I wanted as main, would be main. I checked the make this my main box.... only to realize that it was on the 2nd monitor. I cannot change it, (won't uncheck) is there a way to do this? or am I stuck with this configuration?

:)

mommabeth, Jan 7, 2019

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jan 7, 2019
  3. alone Win User
    Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

unchecking make this my main display [​IMG]

for convenience I attach the google translation

unchecking make this my main display [​IMG]

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, Jan 7, 2019
  4. damtachoa Win User

4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

1. unchecking make this my main display - Similar Threads - unchecking main display

2. "Make this my main display" Bugging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Make this my main display" Bugging: I have 2 monitors, my laptop's and an external one. I set them to extend, and my laptop's monitor gets set to "main display" by itself. My cursor is stuck in my secondary display and it wont go to the other display. This happens only when I set it to extend. I am currently...
  3. "Make this my main display" Bugging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Make this my main display" Bugging: I have 2 monitors, my laptop's and an external one. I set them to extend, and my laptop's monitor gets set to "main display" by itself. My cursor is stuck in my secondary display and it wont go to the other display. This happens only when I set it to extend. I am currently...
  4. "Make this my main display" does not work on Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Make this my main display" does not work on Win11: Has anyone ever come across a solution to this:You have multiple monitors 1,2 and 3 on Win11 and select one of them 2 to be your main display.Any apps that you close on screen 3 will then re-open onto screen 3 and never re-open onto the main display.It seems that the...
  5. "Make this my main display" does not work on Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Make this my main display" does not work on Win11: Has anyone ever come across a solution to this:You have multiple monitors 1,2 and 3 on Win11 and select one of them 2 to be your main display.Any apps that you close on screen 3 will then re-open onto screen 3 and never re-open onto the main display.It seems that the...
  6. "Make this my main display" is grey in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Make this my main display" is grey in Windows 10: When I set up my new computer which has Windows 10 I set up 2 displays. This was my first time using 2 displays. There is a check box in Settings under Display which says "Make This My Main Display". I accidentally clicked this when I was on the wrong display. Now the check...
  7. Windows 10 ignores "make this my main display" setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 ignores "make this my main display" setting: I have three monitors, and recently, W10 decided to make Display #3 the main display (where the notification icons are, etc.). When I open Display settings, Windows 10 ignores changes to the "make this my main display" setting. That is if I select the "make this my main...
  8. Windows greyed out "Make this my main display" with dual monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows greyed out "Make this my main display" with dual monitors: Hello, I just started using dual monitors, but Windows reads my main display as Monitor 2 and my weaker one as Monitor 1. The option to make number 2 to my main display is greyed out, even with the monitor selected up top. It should be noted that I'm not using the actual copy...
  9. Unable to make Dell monitor as Main display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to make Dell monitor as Main display: I have a Dell monitor and a HDTV (720) connected to my Windows 10 computer. Dell is horizontal - DVI HDTV is vertical - HDMI When I turn on the computer and monitor is ON, Windows sees it as Display 1. Unfortunately when I turn on the TV, Windows assigns #1 to TV!!!! Rather...
  10. Can't make external monitor main display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't make external monitor main display: I have an Acer Aspire ES-15 Win 10 laptop and an external Hanns-G monitor which i would like to make the main display. I go to SETTINGS > DISPLAY and there is a tickbox that says "MAKE THIS MY MAIN DISPLAY" This is the option i want, however the tickbox is greyed out and i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to uncheck make this my main display

2. uncheck make this my main display

3. how to uncheck the make this my main display

4. second display acting as main display,
  5. make this my main display uncheck,
  6. how to uncheck this is my main display,
  7. uncheck make this my main display windows 10,
  8. how to reaset make this my main screen,
  9. how to uncheck make this mymain display,
  10. how to set tv as primary display windows 10 without second monitor,
  11. Windows 10 multiple monitors unchecking make this my main display,