Windows 10: Unclean shutdowns & reboots from sleep. Syncing or power supply error?

Discus and support Unclean shutdowns & reboots from sleep. Syncing or power supply error? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My computer keeps shutting down from sleep mode without shutting down. It's connected to a UPS so it's not an outage. It could be the power supply unit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by pxfragonard, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Unclean shutdowns & reboots from sleep. Syncing or power supply error?

My computer keeps shutting down from sleep mode without shutting down. It's connected to a UPS so it's not an outage. It could be the power supply unit (I bought a cheap one after the last one gave out, just to see if the motherboard was wrecked.) I noticed that the shutdown last night was at the same time my phone synced with the computer. I don't know how that would happen. I also have a lot of critical events over some zune app. I'll see if I can post something here if I remember how.Any way to test if it's a power supply problem without ripping out the thing?

:)

pxfragonard, Feb 2, 2020

2. missing sleep menu in power

Hi,

Missing Sleep option in Power menu is usually caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • When you check the Power options in Control Panel, did you mean that the Sleep option is not displaying in the Shutdown settings?

If you haven't check the Shutdown settings in Control Panel, we suggest to do so and make sure that the Sleep option is enabled. To check the Shutdown settings, follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type control panel.
    • Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • Click System and Security and select Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Shutdown settings, put a tick in the Sleep
      box and click Save changes.

If the Sleep option is already enabled and it still doesn't appear in the Power menu, we recommend that you keep the device drivers up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Feb 2, 2020
  3. trbogt Win User
    Power supply getting OFF while putting the PC on Sleep mode.

Hi...Have you tried my suggestion?...I have had issues with 'Sleep' mode and it was always due to 'Video Adapter'.

The Power Supply can be controlled by the way you have your settings configured.

It can be a simple setting but not the 'Power Supply' as you have noted.

What Video card or system are you using {on board or added and installed}?

*john

trbogt, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Unclean shutdowns & reboots from sleep. Syncing or power supply error?

Power supply getting OFF while putting the PC on Sleep mode.

Hi Michael,

I will certainly help you with the Power issues facing with Windows 10.

This might occurred due to the invalid power settings on the PC.

I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run
    power Troubleshooter.

• In the search box, type
      troubleshooting.

• Click on view all, select
      power.

• Click on next and follow the instruction.

Method 2: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Please follow the
    steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Type Power Options and then
      Enter.
    • In the left pane Select Change when the computer sleeps.
    • Select Restore default settings on this plan.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Please get back to us if you still required further assistance. We are glad to assist.

Thank you.

Danny Kishan, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Unclean shutdowns & reboots from sleep. Syncing or power supply error?

1. Unclean shutdowns & reboots from sleep. Syncing or power supply error? - Similar Threads - Unclean shutdowns reboots

2. Power supply problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power supply problem: I get Bsod everyday but i dont get them much i only get bsod like 2-3 times and my pc will work fine,my drivers are all up to date and so is my bios ,my hardware is good but my Power suppy is 4 years and gonna be 5 this april,should i buy a new power supply because i kinda...
  3. Power supply

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power supply: Hello. I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio. This is an upgrade from my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. In addition to the power supply that came with the Laptop Studio, am I able to use the power cord that came with Microsoft Surface Pro 4, or perhaps the...
  4. Power supply

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power supply: Hello. I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio. This is an upgrade from my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. In addition to the power supply that came with the Laptop Studio, am I able to use the power cord that came with Microsoft Surface Pro 4, or perhaps the...
  5. Power Supply Calculator to calculate the Power Supply Wattage

in Windows 10 News
    Power Supply Calculator to calculate the Power Supply Wattage: [ATTACH]When it comes to PC building, one of the most important components is the […] This article Power Supply Calculator to calculate the Power Supply Wattage first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Noise from Power Supply

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Noise from Power Supply: Hello, I am starting to hear this weird buzzing noise coming from the back of my power supply, I'm not sure if this is a normal kind of noise that comes from the back of a power supply when its turned on or if its something that I should worry about. I don't know if its the...
  7. ATX power supply

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ATX power supply: Hey, I have a ATX powersuply, that making a "tiking" sound i can't lacate what it is. my first though was capacitor. and maybe not. The weird this is it's only sometimes when i power on the computer. any wise ideas? 141087
  8. Sleep/shutdown out of sync

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep/shutdown out of sync: I have set my Dell to turn off - NEVER (obviously until I manually shut down) I have the screen set to turn off after 5 minutes. Lately I notice that it seems to shut down in spite of this setting. Then when I press the power button to turn it back on, nothing happens. Then I...
  9. power,sleep,& shutdown settings

power,sleep,& shutdown settings: I am running windows 10 home x64 on an Acer laptop. When I put my pc to sleep I want it to shutdown automatically after say 45 minutes. If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks & Cheers....
  10. Remover Power Supply during Hibernation or Hybrid Sleep?

Remover Power Supply during Hibernation or Hybrid Sleep?: Hello all, I have 3 questions regarding putting a PC into a lower energystate. 1. Can the PC be damaged if I turn off and remove the Power Supply and opening the case to clean the PC, while the PC is in Hibernation Mode instead of having it fully shut down? 2. I've...